Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockett0
  1.    #1  
    My Touchpad wouldnt boot fully after doing a restart the other day. The last app I added that day was the HP Moviestore, but not sure if that caused any issues.
    At one point I couldnt even turn off Touchpad to start the webOS Doctor procedure (hold volume up, plug in usb cable n power on). So if this happens to you try to restart Touchpad by holding center button n power. When device starts to restart do the webOS Doctor procedure then. You got like 2 seconds to try it before you see the HP logo.

Overall was happy to get Touchpad back and Doctor worked pretty good. Only had to refresh some accounts passwords. Another tip is to make sure Touchpad has close to 50% battery before trying webOS Doctor.
    Last edited by miles4000; 07/22/2011 at 03:02 PM.
    I have tried to download the webOS doctor from the HP Site, but I get an error. I wonder how we can doctor the TouchPads
  3.    #3  
    You get a error when downloading it or when you try to run it?

Try this : http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...os-doctor.html
    I have downloaded the webOS Doctor. My concern is that the build from the link you provided is 42.41 and on the HP/Palm Site it is webOS® Doctor™ for HP® Touchpad for wifi. Build wifi.52.41, webOS 3.0.0

I don't know if it makes any difference and since I can't get into my TouchPad, I can't verify what build it actually has. If you can let me know what build you have, that would be greatly appreciated.
    I have build 41. All retail TouchPads have build 41. But the in-store demo TouchPads are running build 21 or something like that. But you and I should be running 41.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I have build 41. All retail TouchPads have build 41. But the in-store demo TouchPads are running build 21 or something like that. But you and I should be running 41.
    Thank you for checking this out for me. I ran the doctor & when it rebooted I got the USB screen. I feel this is an hardware issue. The up volume button does not feel stuck, but I feel that it maybe. Looks like I will be returning it.
    I really appreciate your responses.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2
    Last edited by dabombcra; 07/24/2011 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    Thank you for checking this out for me. I ran the doctor & when it rebooted I got the USB screen. I feel this is an hardware issue. The up volume button does not feel stuck, but I feel that it maybe. Looks like I will be returning it.
    I really appreciate your responses.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2
    You're welcome. That's too bad the Doctor didn't fix your problem. I think it sounds like a hardware problem at this point, too. Usually webOS Doctor cures *all* problems with webOS devices. On that note, I hope you exchange it, rather than return it.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    You're welcome. That's too bad the Doctor didn't fix your problem. I think it sounds like a hardware problem at this point, too. Usually webOS Doctor cures *all* problems with webOS devices. On that note, I hope you exchange it, rather than return it.
    I plan on exchanging it. After 7 days of phone calls, HP is finally going to send me a new unit. This has been a royal pain dealing with HP. For as big of a company they are, I would expect faster & better customer service. Because I love webOS, I'm hanging in there. Otherwise, I would be out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I plan on exchanging it. After 7 days of phone calls, HP is finally going to send me a new unit. This has been a royal pain dealing with HP. For as big of a company they are, I would expect faster & better customer service. Because I love webOS, I'm hanging in there. Otherwise, I would be out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'm glad HP is taking care of you. Finally. I hope the new unit behaves better for you.
  11.    #11  
    Its my experience that they will try all possible options first before replacing the unit.
    I've been in chat with "Reid" he keeps telling me I must download from a computer. I keep pointing out that I am using a computer.

Then he tells me to try to download it from the HP site, that I was already having a problem with.

Thanks Precentral for doing Reids job. I now have a working webosdoctor. Let's hope it fixes my corrupt files.
    speedtouch likes this.
    The download link is working now, and the version is newer than what was linked above.

(Build listed as Hp.52.41 07/01/11 17:26)