Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys , in your opinion when Touchpad 3G/4G it' s available, will be released some patches like this ( for iPad 3G ) ? : iPhoneIslam - PhoneItiPad | Turn your iPad 3G to a fully functional phone, It's True

    The beauty is that with this patch you can make calls and send text messages directly from your tablet .


    Go Go Go Go webos Internal TEAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. #2  
    if it has a 4g radio, wouldn't it already be able to do that?

    it certainly would when paired with a pre3 or Veer, but the presence of a cellular radio means it has a phone number, too... Doesn't it?
  3. #3  
    Oh, nevermind. I see you mean without the phone heh
  4. #4  
    Should be doable, especially since there is already a WebOS phone app for TP.

    Not an expert on how 3G tablets work though, so I don't know about the whole phone number thing.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Should be doable, especially since there is already a WebOS phone app for TP.

    Not an expert on how 3G tablets work though, so I don't know about the whole phone number thing.
    oh ,

    we hope that webos-internals TEAM will be able to free this function on 4G Touchpad , because on iPad is more simple ......more development in every part of the world ....


    HP : Don't sleeppp !!!!!!!!!!!
  6.    #6  
    i think that HP would be more fast to comunicate the Day 1 of 4G
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    i think that HP would be more fast to comunicate the Day 1 of 4G
    what????
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8. #8  
    One interesting thought... there is one case I MIGHT consider getting the TouchPad.

    If the TouchPad can do calling and SMS directly, but can be controlled via metawatch and Bluetooth headset for conversation. Maybe that would work...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    Hey guys , in your opinion when Touchpad 3G/4G it' s available, will be released some patches like this ( for iPad 3G ) ? : iPhoneIslam - PhoneItiPad | Turn your iPad 3G to a fully functional phone, It's True

    The beauty is that with this patch you can make calls and send text messages directly from your tablet .


    Go Go Go Go webos Internal TEAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was kinda shocked yesterday to find out I can't text and call with the TP 4G. It's pretty lame if you ask me: great powerfull state of the art tablet and can't do ol skool texting and calling! I contacted HP and the said there is no solution at this moment. I've found a way to get payed apps (finally), because that's real stupid too. I got a Spanish credit card so I erased my TP completely and used Spain as billing adress.

    I'm a Palm user from 1997 and I really hope webOS will take off! Guess making / investing on a webOS version of WhatsApp will skyrocket it potential new users also. C'mon smart people/ investors!
  10. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by flexjeff View Post
    I was kinda shocked yesterday to find out I can't text and call with the TP 4G. It's pretty lame if you ask me: great powerfull state of the art tablet and can't do ol skool texting and calling! I contacted HP and the said there is no solution at this moment. I've found a way to get payed apps (finally), because that's real stupid too. I got a Spanish credit card so I erased my TP completely and used Spain as billing adress.

    I'm a Palm user from 1997 and I really hope webOS will take off! Guess making / investing on a webOS version of WhatsApp will skyrocket it potential new users also. C'mon smart people/ investors!
    Ive been tempted replacing my WIFI-only TP with a 4G as I thought it would handle calls without being paired to the Pre3. Very odd that it wont manage that, so the 4G is basicly just a data channel for the TP?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Ive been tempted replacing my WIFI-only TP with a 4G as I thought it would handle calls without being paired to the Pre3. Very odd that it wont manage that, so the 4G is basicly just a data channel for the TP?
    Yes, that"s correct. I really hope they will come up with a fix / patch because it shouldn't be that hard!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by flexjeff View Post
    Yes, that"s correct. I really hope they will come up with a fix / patch because it shouldn't be that hard!
    Shouldn't be that hard!? WOW! Talk about a little ignorance. If it isn't that hard, why can't you patch it for us then? I'm a Mac OS X reverse engineer and even I can't get this working.
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
  13. #13  
    SMS would be possible, however, the TouchPad's telecom hardware does not support voice calls. Apparently SMS is possible on CM7, if you put a SIM card that is registered properly with the cell network in it. Voice is likely not possible without pairing to a bluetooth phone. Sorry!

    I do hope that I'm proven wrong. I'd like to obtain a 4G, and that'd be awesome if I could do that, but the rarity of the device makes that pretty unlikely.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    TopTongueBarry likes this.
  14. philwil's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #14  
    I actually had a 4g device for a short time to do some testing and I was able to make calls and sms directly from it. This was with a pre-release build of firmware, so something could have changed.
  15. #15  
    Voice - Impossible since the Ericsson data card hardware inside the TP 4G doesn't support voice.

    SMS - Possible, someone has to rewrite the TIL.

    Quote Originally Posted by flexjeff View Post
    Yes, that"s correct. I really hope they will come up with a fix / patch because it shouldn't be that hard!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by philwil View Post
    I actually had a 4g device for a short time to do some testing and I was able to make calls and sms directly from it. This was with a pre-release build of firmware, so something could have changed.
    Probably had the Sierra Data Card in it. Never made it to any production TP 4G's but it's in quite a lot of the Touchpad GO's floating around.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
  17. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Probably had the Sierra Data Card in it. Never made it to any production TP 4G's but it's in quite a lot of the Touchpad GO's floating around.
    TTB Are you able to SMS with your Franken Touch Hyper Pad?
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.



    |wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Probably had the Sierra Data Card in it. Never made it to any production TP 4G's but it's in quite a lot of the Touchpad GO's floating around.
    ... exactly how many Gos are floating around out there now?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  19. philwil's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #19  
    Probably had the Sierra Data Card in it. Never made it to any production TP 4G's but it's in quite a lot of the Touchpad GO's floating around.
    No, I had my AT&T SIM card in it.


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    GuyFromNam likes this.
  20. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by philwil View Post
    No, I had my AT&T SIM card in it.


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    LOL....

    He meant the Sierra radio card. Most, if not all, stock 4G TP's have the Ericsson cards in them.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.



    |wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions