Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    SMS would be possible, however, the TouchPad's telecom hardware does not support voice calls. Apparently SMS is possible on CM7, if you put a SIM card that is registered properly with the cell network in it. Voice is likely not possible without pairing to a bluetooth phone. Sorry!

I do hope that I'm proven wrong. I'd like to obtain a 4G, and that'd be awesome if I could do that, but the rarity of the device makes that pretty unlikely.
    Does GVoice not work for calls? I know it's not the same functionality being asked for, but I thought that would work since it uses data signal right?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by philwil View Post
    No, I had my AT&T SIM card in it.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Not talking about your SIM talking about the HW.Two modems work with the Touchpad's, Ericsson and Sierra.. The Sierra is voice capable, the Ericsson isnt.
    Both will do SMS, but the TIL would need to be patched or rewritten to make that happen.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12