Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Bought a touch pad, the left side has a bit of play and there is a noticeable click or creak if i hold it just right.

It feels very cheap and annoying, anyone else have this?
    actaully called the butler service for this...the guy confirmed that his TP had it too. but didn't know what it was for...he can only assume that that is how the TP is pried open. it's specific to the middle left edge...the rest of the screen is tight. so i'm inclined to think it's not quality control but is in the design (bad or not).
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    interesting... Its driving me mad.
    drove me crazy the first couple days as well. almost returned it too. a call the butler service alleviated my concerns some. i also noticed that there's a "seal" immediately around the screen and when you push down, the separation happens between that seal and the plastic casing and not the seal and the screen itself.

i'm thinking though that even if it was necessary, i would've at least designed it to be on the right edge. most people are right-handed so they type with their right hand. that's really the time that i notice it most because i'm forced to hold it with one hand while i'm typing. and when i'm holding it with one hand, i hold it a little tighter than normal and that's when it compresses a little.
    also check for any cracks at the speaker holes or lift in the glass on the bottom edge?

Quote Originally Posted by wencyjr View Post
    drove me crazy the first couple days as well. almost returned it too. a call the butler service alleviated my concerns some. i also noticed that there's a "seal" immediately around the screen and when you push down, the separation happens between that seal and the plastic casing and not the seal and the screen itself.

i'm thinking though that even if it was necessary, i would've at least designed it to be on the right edge. most people are right-handed so they type with their right hand. that's really the time that i notice it most because i'm forced to hold it with one hand while i'm typing. and when i'm holding it with one hand, i hold it a little tighter than normal and that's when it compresses a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    also check for any cracks at the speaker holes or lift in the glass on the bottom edge?
    yeah, i checked that after i saw that ealier thread about it...no cracks or lifts on mine.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wencyjr View Post

Yeah I agree. Might not be a problem if it wasn't so dang heavy either.

I still might take it back. I'm a bit picky and HATE when things feel cheap.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Anybody else notice this?
    Which side is "left", in portrait mode or landscape mode?
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Left when in portrait with the camera at the top. Good question!