Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TOstler View Post
    The TouchPad simply acts like a bluetooth headset. The same with SMS. Once received by the phone, it is automatically transferred to the touchpad. This is what I am experiencing with my 1.45 Sprint Pre.
    Wait so you are receiving SMS on the touchpad? I have yet to see anyone claim that, and I know I couldn't with the Veer when I was testing at Fry's (haven't tried since we got ours).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by wencyjr View Post
    wait, you can make calls from the TP or just receive calls? i would imagine that receiving calls is an easy trick as every other bluetooth headset does that already. but calling directly from the TP is a little trickier...
    Yes, you can initiate and received calls from your TouchPad. (I just verified that you can initiate)

Quote Originally Posted by TOstler View Post
    There are three aspects of paring a TouchPad with a phone. Phone calls, SMS, and more complex messages. The automatic sharing of phone calls should be availabe to anyone - today. The TouchPad simply acts like a bluetooth headset. The same with SMS. Once received by the phone, it is automatically transferred to the touchpad. This is what I am experiencing with my 1.45 Sprint Pre.

It's the advanced messaging sharing, that (as I understand it) requires a webOS device running version 2.0 or higher in order to share the messages.

If I'm wrong, I'm going to blame it on not yet having my morning coffee before I answered.
    And you CANNOT receive SMS on your TouchPad. You can IM from it, but those are distinctly different. Have you had your coffee yet?

Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Yes - but the older Bluetooth protocols are not upward compatable with the new Protocols (e.g. Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR has secure simple pairing (SSP) but Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR does not)
    Its my understanding that newer protocols 'step down' to older ones, unless a specific protocol is required. And I dont think the Bluetooth Hands-free profile is one of them. HP seems to have limited Bluetooth pairing to webOS phones only. But I could be wrong.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    And you CANNOT receive SMS on your TouchPad. You can IM from it, but those are distinctly different. Have you had your coffee yet?
    Thanks, thought I had missed something.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    whoops! my bad, I swear reading in a precentral post that since both calls and sms are handled by bluetooth they will work with any phone.

Oops.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12