Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    After what seemed like months waiting for my touchpad to arrive, QVC has finally delivered. I haven't been able to put this bad boy down since I got it. Just wanted to say that I'm glad to be back In the webOS community and very excited for the future and hopefully that will be a Pre 3...soon
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2  
    wb
  3. #3  
    good stuff enjoy its a great toy
  4. #4  
    Oneraddood, are you seeing any backlight bleed during bootup or during any screens with a lot of black in them? I got my Touchpad today as well but I think I'm going to send it back to Amazon due to this issue. Hopefully your TP is looking okay.
    Last edited by jetsetter883; 07/21/2011 at 09:17 PM.
  5. #5  
    Did QVC also deliver the Stella?!!

    Enjoy the TP!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    good stuff enjoy its a great toy
    For the amount of complaints I've read about it, I think mine's awesome. I can't put it down either. Maybe my expectations were/are too low...maybe I'm so used to the stupid things my Pre does here & there.

    I think this can only get better. I couldn't care less about a lack of a clock or calculator app. I already have Timepiece and I think I can round up enough empty beer bottles for a calc app, if I needed one that bad (I don't).

    I'm not saying that it's right that they aren't there, however, compared to a Playbook with no Email client, I'll take no clock over no Email.

    There's an old saying in the oilfield and that's if you don't like something there's two things you can do about it:
    1. Whine about it.
    2. Deal with it.

    I choose 2 because that gets results, and NOBODY in REAL LIFE likes a whiner.

    But I digress.... This thing has exceeded my expectations, I'm glad I got it, you can pry it from my cold, dead fingers
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post

    I think this can only get better. I couldn't care less about a lack of a clock or calculator app. I already have Timepiece and I think I can round up enough empty beer bottles for a calc app, if I needed one that bad (I don't).

    I'm not saying that it's right that they aren't there, however, compared to a Playbook with no Email client, I'll take no clock over no Email.
    Clock and calc are due in an OTA update
  8. #8  
    So I heard, but I work nights so getting up isn't hard, it's the going to bed part that is The extent of math that I use at work is counting the hours of the day for my log books.... I have ten fingers, ten toes, two arms, two legs... So I'm covered

    Hope there's more to the update then that
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  9. #9  
    Oneraddood - I've had my TP for 2 weeks now - It's really good (and getting better so I hear). Hope you enjoy it! Hope you get as much out of this forum as I do!
    _____________
    Dee the Obscure
  10. #10  
    Welcome back! You're gonna love it.
  11. #11  
    I ran the battery dead my first day. Have fun!
  12. r-nice's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #12  
    There's no calculator? Jeez.
  13. #13  
    There is a calc app free in the catalog.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozza666 View Post
    Did QVC also deliver the Stella?!!

    Enjoy the TP!
    LOL I caught that too!


    mmmm stella
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  15. #15  
    Congrats, I got mine yesterday from QVC also...
    Sad to say, but performance has been less than stellar for me so far. Software is definitely buggy on mine, I've gotten 4/5 random reboots/Luna restarts, the email app display emails when it feels like it, and stuff that have been read and deleted sync back on the device for some reason.

    I'm holding off on "homebrew" for now. I will give it a few more days and see how things go, might make a trip to the doctor if things don't improve. Hopefully the soon to be release software update fixes those problems, or I might return it within the 30 days (keeping my fingers cross, so I dint have to make that move)

    Also, the device does have some heft to it comparing to the other tabs, but thats not a deal breaker for me. The case and touchstone rock, got my first look at exhibition since I'm still on a sprint pre- ; very beautiful feature indeed.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    For the amount of complaints I've read about it, I think mine's awesome. I can't put it down either. Maybe my expectations were/are too low...maybe I'm so used to the stupid things my Pre does here & there.

    I think this can only get better. I couldn't care less about a lack of a clock or calculator app. I already have Timepiece and I think I can round up enough empty beer bottles for a calc app, if I needed one that bad (I don't).

    I'm not saying that it's right that they aren't there, however, compared to a Playbook with no Email client, I'll take no clock over no Email.

    There's an old saying in the oilfield and that's if you don't like something there's two things you can do about it:
    1. Whine about it.
    2. Deal with it.

    I choose 2 because that gets results, and NOBODY in REAL LIFE likes a whiner.

    But I digress.... This thing has exceeded my expectations, I'm glad I got it, you can pry it from my cold, dead fingers
    But but you shouldn't have to download a FREE calculator app when it is SUPPOSED to be built in! God forbid!! It requires at least 5 more swipes and taps of your fingers! Thats wasted time I could be using for other more productive things like complaining about features on a tablet that I don't own.
    sledge007 and FenrirWolf like this.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    Oneraddood, are you seeing any backlight bleed during bootup or during any screens with a lot of black in them? I got my Touchpad today as well but I think I'm going to send it back to Amazon due to this issue. Hopefully your TP is looking okay.
    No backlight issues on my end. I would have to say my touchpad is perfect..knock on wood.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozza666 View Post
    Did QVC also deliver the Stella?!!

    Enjoy the TP!
    Haha, I felt the need to celebrate. How great would that be if everyone got a Stella with a purchase of a touchpad. Hope you're reading this HP...
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by DD007 View Post
    Congrats, I got mine yesterday from QVC also...
    Sad to say, but performance has been less than stellar for me so far. Software is definitely buggy on mine, I've gotten 4/5 random reboots/Luna restarts, the email app display emails when it feels like it, and stuff that have been read and deleted sync back on the device for some reason.

    I'm holding off on "homebrew" for now. I will give it a few more days and see how things go, might make a trip to the doctor if things don't improve. Hopefully the soon to be release software update fixes those problems, or I might return it within the 30 days (keeping my fingers cross, so I dint have to make that move)

    Also, the device does have some heft to it comparing to the other tabs, but thats not a deal breaker for me. The case and touchstone rock, got my first look at exhibition since I'm still on a sprint pre- ; very beautiful feature indeed.
    After a few hours of playing around with the touchpad I decided to get some patches rolling. I haven't looked back since. I would definitely recommend going the homebrew route and getting some patches on there to speed things up a bit. I'm coming from the original ipad so for me the weight is about the same. The only thing wrong with the touchpad is that I don't have a Pre 3 in my hands.
  20. #20  
    yeah we had preware installed the night of receipt, same with the first veer
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions