1.    #1  
    Just saw DeWitt's interview on FNB. Horrible. If HP was trying to use the interview to get a bit of buzz going ............ didn't happen. Get another spokesman. Never mentioned end-user experience, just developer experience. Had plenty of time to talk-up the inherent advantages. Spent too much time on a connected world of printers, PC, tablets, garbage disposals; but when asked if WebOS would be the OS they would deploy to do that .......... he punted.

Get the boy-wonder out of there.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    hmm I look at it from the other perspective. HP is now considering an OS other than windows. Thats a win in my book!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisOS2 View Post
    Just saw DeWitt's interview on FNB. Horrible. If HP was trying to use the interview to get a bit of buzz going ............ didn't happen. Get another spokesman. Never mentioned end-user experience, just developer experience. Had plenty of time to talk-up the inherent advantages. Spent too much time on a connected world of printers, PC, tablets, garbage disposals; but when asked if WebOS would be the OS they would deploy to do that .......... he punted.

The problem is that it's more complicated than "YES" or "NO". It's not going to be a webOS against the world. It's going to be a webOS for some things, Windows, embedded OSes, HPUX, linux, and a variety of other models that all work in concert. So while from a consumer perspective it would have been nice to hear "Yes it's webOS all the way", DeWitt was on FOX BUSINESS News, so he has an obligation to not crap on shareholders expectations, long standing business partners and current enterprise/smb customers worried about their existing investment in [android|windows|hpux].

If he would have said what you want him to say, competitors and antagonists would have used that sound-clip against him, HP and webOS.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    hmm I look at it from the other perspective. HP is now considering an OS other than windows. Thats a win in my book!
    That may be ........... no solid commitment aligned with your perspective in this interview.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    The problem is that it's more complicated than "YES" or "NO". It's not going to be a webOS against the world. It's going to be a webOS for some things, Windows, embedded OSes, HPUX, linux, and a variety of other models that all work in concert. So while from a consumer perspective it would have been nice to hear "Yes it's webOS all the way", DeWitt was on FOX BUSINESS News, so he has an obligation to not crap on shareholders expectations, long standing business partners and current enterprise/smb customers worried about their existing investment in [android|windows|hpux].

If he would have said what you want him to say, competitors and antagonists would have used that sound-clip against him, HP and webOS.
    Please ..... stop the lecturing. Many of us have been in industry, the industry, and at fairly high levels. The interview was done poorly and it was obvious he was not prepared.

BTW ......... what is it you think I wanted him to say. Besides being an expert in the field, an economist, and shareholder liaison, you're a mind-reader, as well ............ too funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisOS2 View Post

Dewitt interview on Fox

I had to have another look at the interview to see where you are coming from. Still don't get it! I thought that it was a positive exposure for webOS in 4 minutes. The direction of the interview was basically dictated by the interviewer. The background slideshow did a good job of showing off webOS and it makes plenty of sense to me that HP should devote some attention to wooing developers to the platform. We need applications.