1.    #1  
    so I was listening to music, I had a Google page open, a searsdirect.com page open, and I opened preware, which caused my touchpad to come to a crawl and it gave me a too many cards memory critical error message. The message flashed in the notifications area really fast so I can't be sure of the exact phrase, but then just as quick everything became responsive again.

some debugging info:
    I have all those patches from "my touchpad is blazing fast" thread and logging set to minimal. I have the glass launcher effect installed as well. I also haven't rebooted the touchpad for a day or two.

has anyone else caused the too many cards error message yet?
    Funny I had a post the other day asking something along the lines of how many cards is too many. Personally I had over 20 cards open and actually fell asleep before I got to that point.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I think I got a "too many cards" error this morning. I wasn't even using my touchpad, it was still on the touchstone because I had it charging overnight. I had several things open including 3 websites, the 3 websites had the loading circle going in the middle of them, and I had about 5 notifications. One notification was the familiar too many cards symbol, but when I clicked on it i just got a blank notification.

I just did a reboot and haven't had any issues. Not sure what caused it because it was just charging. I also have the logging patches and glass effect launcher installed.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    A handful of flash-rich tabs on the browser is going to eat up a lot more memory than 20-30 dinky little apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7412002 View Post
    so I was listening to music, I had a Google page open, a searsdirect.com page open, and I opened preware, which caused my touchpad to come to a crawl and it gave me a too many cards memory critical error message. The message flashed in the notifications area really fast so I can't be sure of the exact phrase, but then just as quick everything became responsive again.

some debugging info:
    I have all those patches from "my touchpad is blazing fast" thread and logging set to minimal. I have the glass launcher effect installed as well. I also haven't rebooted the touchpad for a day or two.

has anyone else caused the too many cards error message yet?
    I normally run about 8-12 every day and have had as many as 24 open (games included) with no issues. Could be patches. On Pre, UI patches definitely caused lag and extra memory use. Remove GET and I'd be the problem does not re-occur.
    I'm sure it would, I also did not just pick dinky little apps, I purposely looked for things that would bog it down. Maybe I'll try it again, and this time I'll make a note of what I have open.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I get that blank notification as well from time to time. Nothing happens when I tap it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    I get that blank notification as well from time to time. Nothing happens when I tap it.
    Yes I've had that one too. The one I got with the "too many cards error" was different in the respect that it was grouped with the other notifications and was the same size as them.

When I've gotten the bigger one was also at a time of particularly heavy use, but I could get rid of it by hitting the center button and keep doing what I was doing.
    Apps open in order:
    App Catalog
    Photos
    Music Player (playing)
    (went to this site: Top 10 Best Flash Websites of 2011 to find heavy flash using websites and will start in order)

Top 10 Best Flash Websites of 2011

Here are our editor's picks for the Top 10 Best Flash Websites of 2011 based on visual artistry, integrated sound, ease of use, and uniqueness. [Last Updated: July 20, 2011]

We Choose the Moon: Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Lunar Landing
    Moodstream™ by Getty Images
    monoface
    WATERLIFE - NFB
    Louis Vuitton - An Encounter With Greatness doesn't work due to screenresblabla(left open anyway)
    Infinite OZ | Tin Man | SCIFI.COM
    Get the Glass!
    Marc Ecko
    AgencyNet 2.0
    Dave Werner's Portfolio 2006

ok so 10 heavy flash using sites plus that other stuff at the top and time to start opening more stuff

Looks like I hit the ceiling with the last one, nothing has stopped, but I can't add anymore and I get a box in the top right corner with nothing in it.

Even still that isn't bad.