Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1.    #1  
    ...and I don't regret it one bit. Loving the unit and the software is great. Completely functional email, PIM, and great sound. This is my first posting. Glad to be here.
    Congrats and welcome!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Welcome!
    welcomeeeee
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Welcome, Kontakt7. We're glad to have you here. Now get Preware installed and you'll *really* enjoy your new TP.
    LCGuy likes this.
    Welcome to the community and to the world of WebOS As speedtouch said, get preware :P
    welcome.
    definitely a step up. The Playbook is brutal. I cant imagine what RIM was thinking by not including a native email client.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I still currently own the Playbook and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 but the touchpad has definitely grabbed my attention which I'm sure is upsetting my other tablets. My only gripe so far besides what is known I guess is my email is slow when loading emails that I wanna read.
    Welcome. I'd be interested in your thoughts on Playbook versus the Touchpad cards implementation and multitasking.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    What nyquistJack said. I'm curious what your impressions are of the TouchPad in contrast tot the Playbook. I have some hands on experience with the Acer Icona Gingerbread tablet and was not impressed. Since I have little exposure to the Playbook, I can't wait to hear your impressions.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    i did the exact same thing and also do not regret it .

there is a First Impression review i did somewhere here on the forums .
    speedtouch likes this.
    Welcome, enjoy your TP, you will not regret it!
    Welcome!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    welcome.
    So you ditched the knock off for the real deal, eh?

Say goodbye to that Roldex and hello to the Rolex.

Later, Timmy Highfuger, hello Tommy Hilfiger.
    Welcome and enjoy friend. Don't worry, if you rant against the touchpad, we'll be right back ready to kick you out XD. Lol J/k I too am curious about the differences of the UX from the Touchpad and Playbook.
    Welcome. Do you own a blackberry? I couldn't conceive of a Playbook, because I don't have a Blackberry. How are you enjoying your TouchPad. I love mine.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    There is a leaked (old) build of the Android Player on the Playbook today.

You can't make this stuff up --- you can now have native email on the Playbook --- via the Android App Player.
    I currently have a PlayBook and I am thinking about doing this too.

I have had a Pre 2 for about 6 months and although it has had its problems I love it, I love webOS and I love the homebrew community.

Back in March I decided to get a tablet (a choice I dont't regret); iOS and Android weren't doing it for me due to their poor multi tasking / app switching, and as I'm sure everyone here agrees - once you've had a taste of cards you can't go without them. The TP was still some way off release and I was desperate for a tablet so the PB seemed like the logical choice.

I do like my PB, there are things I dislike about it but then there are also things I dislike about the TP.

On the PB launch day I was willing to accept its shortcomings under the assumption that updates were just around the corner (within 60 days was the original promise) but here we are 3 months in and I'm slowly starting to resent RIM, feeling like they just don't have a clue what they are doing anymore - which is a shame because the PB is a great product and has a huge potential.

I'm tempted to jump ship but I don't want to make the same mistake again, so once HP have proven that they can live up to their promises unlike RIM I will most likely get a TP. I will be keeping my eye on TP news and continue lurking in these forums to see how things go.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast