Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jdickson
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to cut, copy or paste text between email messages on the touchpad?
    diddly4 likes this.
    yup, tap and hold the text you wish to copy (drab the handles) then tap and hold in the new email and select paste. If this doesnt work in the new email, just put some random characters in the email then try tapping and holding
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It's such a pity that we can't SELECT ALL in the email's body text.
    Quote Originally Posted by phil71 View Post
    It's such a pity that we can't SELECT ALL in the email's body text.
    This is preventing me from using Secustore 2 for Touchpad (it doesn't sync yet with desktop, doesn't do save/restore, so cut/paste from backup is only way, and I haven't found a way to select the entire text yet, very long message).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    This is preventing me from using Secustore 2 for Touchpad (it doesn't sync yet with desktop, doesn't do save/restore, so cut/paste from backup is only way, and I haven't found a way to select the entire text yet, very long message).
    As for me, I had to transfer my Keyring database from my Pre to my Touchpad by selecting manually the text of a 20-page e-mail with the help of the handles :-(
    In order to "Select All" and "Copy" from your email body, you will have to "Forward" the email (use any of the curly arrows on the bottom). Once in the "Forward" mode, press anywhere on the screen and "Select All" & "Copy".
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I am trying to copy parts of a couple of emails into a new one. Although I can copy the text from the source email, I can't find any way to paste it into the new one. I have tried tapping and holding, but nothing happens. Also there is no edit option in the top left dropdown menu like I would expect. Please tell me this is possible and I'm just missing something obvious? There are a couple of pages of information that I just couldn't type out on a virtual keyboard. At least if I want to hold onto the little bit of sanity I have left. :-)

thanks in advance

~Tory
    Try sticking a couple of random characters in the new mail, then copy the text you want and click your finger onto these random characters, the dialogue box to paste should now be active, then just clean up the couple of characters you entered...
    I can't seem to paste email addresses into the to, cc or bcc fields. Anyone else?

Shane.
    ^ you are not alone. You cannot paste emails addresses in the "to' section of emails which is very annoying.