Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Hi,

I'm Robert from Viewster and I just found this post here. Let me see if I could answer some of your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by fredwyn View Post
    palm just posted a new blog article about music and movies, and said that customers outside the usa have to use viewster for movies.

last time I checked the featured movies on viewster were crapshoot and some films from the 1920`s.
    Right now as we are in beta and completely for free, there is just a limited number of movies available. This is a matter of rights restrictions because most of the studios don't want to give away their content at no charge!

Quote Originally Posted by fredwyn View Post
    Viewster is in the app catalog, it really doesnt have many films at all, but if you go to thier website, they say they are still in beta and will eventually offer a subscription based service, as well as rented tv and movies when they come out of beta.
    We will definitely offer a subscription based service, as well as an advertised financed service for some movies. This goes along with brand new Hollywood content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza666 View Post
    From what I can see, Viewster has been in beta since November 2010.. we could be in for a long wait! lol
    It took us so long because we're working on many different apps for all kinds of os frameworks as iOS, Android (and Android isn't necessarily Android as you might know), webOS etc. But we're working hard on our issues and we're getting closer to our goals.

For further questions do not hesitate to contact us via facebook, twitter or viewster.com
    Quote Originally Posted by viewster View Post
    Hi,

I'm Robert from Viewster and I just found this post here. Let me see if I could answer some of your questions.

Right now as we are in beta and completely for free, there is just a limited number of movies available. This is a matter of rights restrictions because most of the studios don't want to give away their content at no charge!

We will definitely offer a subscription based service, as well as an advertised financed service for some movies. This goes along with brand new Hollywood content.

It took us so long because we're working on many different apps for all kinds of os frameworks as iOS, Android (and Android isn't necessarily Android as you might know), webOS etc. But we're working hard on our issues and we're getting closer to our goals.

For further questions do not hesitate to contact us via facebook, twitter or viewster.com
    Hey Viewster/Robert,

I appreciate you coming on here to give us some info! - do you know what sort of timescales we are looking at for your subscription service and a wider selection of viewing? (even if it is a real guestimate roughly planned time etc etc)
    Last edited by Wozza666; 07/22/2011 at 01:56 AM. Reason: name change
    I had an update appear last night for the HP Movie Store and although I can view the store, I can't set up an account as non-US resident. I understand it may not be HP's fault but an alternative would be nice!
    Hey,

if we want to make it we have to take discussions like these serious.

A wider selection of content and our subscription service will be available in early autumn i guess. I can't promise but I'm looking forward very confidently. Until then we try to gain as much suggestions as possible for the usability of our app by providing the movies for free.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12