Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Just caught Jimmy Fallon tonight and he did a cool "ad" for the touchpad. He wore a half mustache and alternated between profile views with different voices, voicing the very different needs between two people. What was the solution for both of them you ask? Well, the TouchPad of course! Works like nothing else. It's some pretty good marketing going on here, I'm once again very hopeful for webOS. I'll post a video if I find one.
    Here it is. Jimmy just did a free commercial for HP, pretty good endorsement.

Jimmy Talks Up The HP TouchPad - Show Clips - Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
    "sponsored ad"... but i thought it was funnier than the russell brand ads. good job.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post

Thanks for the link and I love video advertisement. Actually, I posted a comment simply because I love Jimmy Fallon and the TouchPad, what a great combination! Sorli...
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I think these ads have already beat the pants off of the old creepy girl ads. The presence at Costco is probably a good thing too, although I was bummed it was sealed behind plexiglass so I couldn't play with it when I was there.
    nyquistjack likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    I think these ads have already beat the pants off of the old creepy girl ads. The presence at Costco is probably a good thing too, although I was bummed it was sealed behind plexiglass so I couldn't play with it when I was there.
    Are you sure it was the TouchPad that was behind the plexiglass...and not you? If people were calling you Truman, that's a dead giveaway!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

It's so hard reading the post. Your avatar....so creepy and scary yet I can't help but look at it. XD Argggh! Lol eventually yes, I saw the post. Sounds like good ol Jimmy there. Can't wait to see the video when posted.
    ashykat likes this.

Creeeeeepy....is that Silent Hill by any chance...???
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    The clip is not working. Blank screen.
    Same here. Tried both Chrome and IE. Nada.
    weird the clip is gone from the official NBC site. It was available this morning with Firefox and the TouchPad browser. Google it on youtube maybe someone captured and reposted it.
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    its back online
    Jimmy Fallon's ad was pretty horrendous.
    great add, but pretty sure it wasnt free.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post

Creeeeeepy....is that Silent Hill by any chance...???
    I don't think so but I'm not really sure. I pretty much use it on all the forums I visit. Always gets comments.
    That was HILARIOUS!
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    Yep. And webosworld has a link to Leno showing a fake ad, too:

Hulu - The Tonight Show with Jay Leno: HP Touchpad Commercial
    If your not in a Hulu country try this

HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I think these are all good sings the TP is here to stay and going to grow. Its got to be killing the "WebOS is going to fail" crowd.

ET
    It was funny, but probably just goofy to someone who doesnt know what it is since it just showed a tablet. Thing I noticed is the screen rotate being all over the place and at the end him trying to unlock it.
    I haven't been able to see the Jimmy Fallon commercial with the link here or on the PreCentral front page story.

Hey, I just noticed, today is my 2 year birthday here on PreCentral! Happy birthday to me! Since I'm only 2, can I throw a temper tantrum until someone gives me a new TouchPad to pacify me?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast