webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Touchpad browser bookmarks
Touchpad browser bookmarks
Like Tree1Likes

Old 07/21/2011, 12:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

is there a way to see bookmarks in card layout as in palm pre? Any way to rearrange their order? I can delete them but not rearrange them..what a pain.
palmpre06062009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/21/2011, 08:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Anyone?
Old 07/21/2011, 09:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Would also like seeing Bookmarks on browser launch like my Pre, but suspect this fix will have to come directly from HP. Sorli...
sorli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/21/2011, 09:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
is there a way to see bookmarks in card layout as in palm pre? Any way to rearrange their order? I can delete them but not rearrange them..what a pain.
I wish...

I don't think there is any way to manage bookmarks like we do on the Pre.

TouchPad owners: The TouchPad "How do I...?" thread.
Devices: HTC HD7, Wife's Lumia 710, and two TouchPads
Twitter: @STLwebOSMeetup
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/21/2011, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

Not sure I understand exactly what your asking, and I don't have my TP in front of me right now, but, I believe the answer is yes. I have my pages bookmarked a la the Pre in the "favorites" menu (I think that's what it's called). Basically, if you swipe up from the home screen to get to your apps it's the 3rd screen of the 4 available. Sorry to not be more help.

Regards
rx7outkast is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: palmpre06062009
Old 07/21/2011, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7outkast View Post
Not sure I understand exactly what your asking, and I don't have my TP in front of me right now, but, I believe the answer is yes. I have my pages bookmarked a la the Pre in the "favorites" menu (I think that's what it's called). Basically, if you swipe up from the home screen to get to your apps it's the 3rd screen of the 4 available. Sorry to not be more help.

Regards
I know what you mean. You have the bookmark as an icon in your Launcher, right?

We're discussing something a little different. We're talking about the bookmarks in the bookmark tab of the web browser itself.

TouchPad owners: The TouchPad "How do I...?" thread.
Devices: HTC HD7, Wife's Lumia 710, and two TouchPads
Twitter: @STLwebOSMeetup
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/21/2011, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

I resorted to putting some favorites on the launcher, but its a bit of a pain. I didn't care to bookmark too much ont he Pre, but I ahve become a bookmarking fiend on the touchpad, so the lack of ANY bookmark management is especially irritating to me.

I am just hoping like heck that they add more bookmarking features or else another browser show up in the catalog!
nyquistjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/21/2011, 12:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
I know what you mean. You have the bookmark as an icon in your Launcher, right?

We're discussing something a little different. We're talking about the bookmarks in the bookmark tab of the web browser itself.
it would be good to move around the bookmarks on the bookmark tab and these icons' positions would automatically update in the favorites just like palm pre. I hate when they take 2 steps forward and 1 back.
Old 07/21/2011, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
it would be good to move around the bookmarks on the bookmark tab and these icons' positions would automatically update in the favorites just like palm pre. I hate when they take 2 steps forward and 1 back.
I asked this same question when I first got my touchpad. Apparently there is no way to reorder lists in the current framework (enyo or mojo, forgot) As for the bookmarks tile page, the only way to achieve that is to use the launcher page as someone else suggested. This Sucks IMO...
akshunj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/22/2011, 04:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

how did you add a bookmark to the launcher on your TouchPad? I can do it on my Pre but can't seem to do it on my new TP :-(
toddpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/22/2011, 05:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Would be nice if we could also pick a home page!
ieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by speedtouch likes this.
Old 07/22/2011, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpart View Post
how did you add a bookmark to the launcher on your TouchPad? I can do it on my Pre but can't seem to do it on my new TP :-(
When you have the TP Web Browser open, the upper right has three icons. The leftmost one (the one with an arrow coming out of it) allows you to add bookmark, share link, or add to launcher. Choose the Add to Launcher option and it will add it to your launcher Favorites page.
ericblackdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: insane42
Old 07/22/2011, 06:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpart View Post
There are normally three icons on the upper-right corner of the browser app window (right below the battery detail).

After browsing to a URL, the left-most icon becomes visible (looks like an arrow coming out of a box). Tap it and you get three choices:

Add Bookmark
Share Link
Add to Launcher

I could go on-and-on about the limited functionality of these menu choices, including that you can't set a bookmark and a launcher button simultaneously, and neither can you do anything other than share via email.

And it's nearly impossible to copy an entire URL without double-tapping and dragging the arrows because the 'copy' button doesn't seem to come up while the entire URL is highlighted at first tap.
dhkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by insane42, mkrajew
Old 07/22/2011, 07:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thank you both for the response.....not sure how I missed that. Just got mine yesterday and still trying to tweak everything.
toddpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/15/2011, 08:01 AM   #15 (permalink)

I was gonna ask about this but found this thread. I really HATE not being able to organize bookmarks or set a homepage. Why would they do this?
xexeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/15/2011, 11:46 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexeri View Post
I was gonna ask about this but found this thread. I really HATE not being able to organize bookmarks or set a homepage. Why would they do this?
I hope they fix this in time for new devices.

My guess is its more difficult than on the pre because bookmark manager takes whole screen on pre, while is a floating panel on touchpad. But they need to fix it somehow, its an important function.

---
galaxy tab tapatalk
clevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/2011, 09:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

wow that's pretty sucky that there is no way to organize your bookmarks.
3FLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2011, 06:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

you can delete bookmarks and then add them on later again in the order that you want them...
medbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 01:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
I resorted to putting some favorites on the launcher, but its a bit of a pain. I didn't care to bookmark too much ont he Pre, but I ahve become a bookmarking fiend on the touchpad, so the lack of ANY bookmark management is especially irritating to me.

I am just hoping like heck that they add more bookmarking features or else another browser show up in the catalog!
I have added some bookmarks to my launcher also. My question now is how do I get one off?
slotalkinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 01:45 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by medbuyer View Post
you can delete bookmarks and then add them on later again in the order that you want them...
how?
slotalkinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0