Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    is there a way to see bookmarks in card layout as in palm pre? Any way to rearrange their order? I can delete them but not rearrange them..what a pain.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
  3. #3  
    Would also like seeing Bookmarks on browser launch like my Pre, but suspect this fix will have to come directly from HP. Sorli...
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    is there a way to see bookmarks in card layout as in palm pre? Any way to rearrange their order? I can delete them but not rearrange them..what a pain.
    I wish...

    I don't think there is any way to manage bookmarks like we do on the Pre.
  5. #5  
    Not sure I understand exactly what your asking, and I don't have my TP in front of me right now, but, I believe the answer is yes. I have my pages bookmarked a la the Pre in the "favorites" menu (I think that's what it's called). Basically, if you swipe up from the home screen to get to your apps it's the 3rd screen of the 4 available. Sorry to not be more help.

    Regards
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rx7outkast View Post
    Not sure I understand exactly what your asking, and I don't have my TP in front of me right now, but, I believe the answer is yes. I have my pages bookmarked a la the Pre in the "favorites" menu (I think that's what it's called). Basically, if you swipe up from the home screen to get to your apps it's the 3rd screen of the 4 available. Sorry to not be more help.

    Regards
    I know what you mean. You have the bookmark as an icon in your Launcher, right?

    We're discussing something a little different. We're talking about the bookmarks in the bookmark tab of the web browser itself.
  7. #7  
    I resorted to putting some favorites on the launcher, but its a bit of a pain. I didn't care to bookmark too much ont he Pre, but I ahve become a bookmarking fiend on the touchpad, so the lack of ANY bookmark management is especially irritating to me.

    I am just hoping like heck that they add more bookmarking features or else another browser show up in the catalog!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I know what you mean. You have the bookmark as an icon in your Launcher, right?

    We're discussing something a little different. We're talking about the bookmarks in the bookmark tab of the web browser itself.
    it would be good to move around the bookmarks on the bookmark tab and these icons' positions would automatically update in the favorites just like palm pre. I hate when they take 2 steps forward and 1 back.
  9. akshunj's Avatar
    Posts
    379 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    it would be good to move around the bookmarks on the bookmark tab and these icons' positions would automatically update in the favorites just like palm pre. I hate when they take 2 steps forward and 1 back.
    I asked this same question when I first got my touchpad. Apparently there is no way to reorder lists in the current framework (enyo or mojo, forgot) As for the bookmarks tile page, the only way to achieve that is to use the launcher page as someone else suggested. This Sucks IMO...
  10. toddpart's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    #10  
    how did you add a bookmark to the launcher on your TouchPad? I can do it on my Pre but can't seem to do it on my new TP :-(
  11. ieko's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    #11  
    Would be nice if we could also pick a home page!
    speedtouch likes this.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by toddpart View Post
    how did you add a bookmark to the launcher on your TouchPad? I can do it on my Pre but can't seem to do it on my new TP :-(
    When you have the TP Web Browser open, the upper right has three icons. The leftmost one (the one with an arrow coming out of it) allows you to add bookmark, share link, or add to launcher. Choose the Add to Launcher option and it will add it to your launcher Favorites page.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by toddpart View Post
    how did you add a bookmark to the launcher on your TouchPad? I can do it on my Pre but can't seem to do it on my new TP :-(
    There are normally three icons on the upper-right corner of the browser app window (right below the battery detail).

    After browsing to a URL, the left-most icon becomes visible (looks like an arrow coming out of a box). Tap it and you get three choices:

    Add Bookmark
    Share Link
    Add to Launcher

    I could go on-and-on about the limited functionality of these menu choices, including that you can't set a bookmark and a launcher button simultaneously, and neither can you do anything other than share via email.

    And it's nearly impossible to copy an entire URL without double-tapping and dragging the arrows because the 'copy' button doesn't seem to come up while the entire URL is highlighted at first tap.
  14. toddpart's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    #14  
    Thank you both for the response.....not sure how I missed that. Just got mine yesterday and still trying to tweak everything.
  15. #15  
    I was gonna ask about this but found this thread. I really HATE not being able to organize bookmarks or set a homepage. Why would they do this?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by xexeri View Post
    I was gonna ask about this but found this thread. I really HATE not being able to organize bookmarks or set a homepage. Why would they do this?
    I hope they fix this in time for new devices.

    My guess is its more difficult than on the pre because bookmark manager takes whole screen on pre, while is a floating panel on touchpad. But they need to fix it somehow, its an important function.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  17. #17  
    wow that's pretty sucky that there is no way to organize your bookmarks.
  18. #18  
    you can delete bookmarks and then add them on later again in the order that you want them...
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I resorted to putting some favorites on the launcher, but its a bit of a pain. I didn't care to bookmark too much ont he Pre, but I ahve become a bookmarking fiend on the touchpad, so the lack of ANY bookmark management is especially irritating to me.

    I am just hoping like heck that they add more bookmarking features or else another browser show up in the catalog!
    I have added some bookmarks to my launcher also. My question now is how do I get one off?
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by medbuyer View Post
    you can delete bookmarks and then add them on later again in the order that you want them...
    how?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions