1.    #1  
    I just got my official Touchpad keyboard and it works like a charm. I have noticed a handful of bugs that are a little strange though, like how not every application seems to recognize it, so the virtual keyboard will show up when I touch a text field. Also, (as said in some reviews) I wish that you could move your cards around after you press the card button. Oh well. I am sure there will be a patch, or something to remedy this. Anyway, I can type like a madman now. Anyone who is seriously considering having their Touchpad replace their "normal" computer should get one....THE END.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    My grandma, who has had almost no computer experience will be using the TouchPad as her main device to access the internet. I'm not sure how this will turn out, but I'm hopeful. That keyboard certainly helps bridge the gap though.
    How much is the keyboard?

To give a fair comparison, my Microsoft official bluetooth wireless keyboard comes w/ a separate numpad, and is pretty much the greatest keyboard ever made, and costs $99.

I will forever stand by bluetooth keyboards.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I like the HP keyboard (paid $58.99 + tax @ Future Shop). I do, however, seem to have difficulty getting used to the location of the right shift key. I keep hitting the / instead. Not sure why as the positioning of the shift key seems standard. Kind of perplexing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I like the HP keyboard (paid $58.99 + tax @ Future Shop). I do, however, seem to have difficulty getting used to the location of the right shift key. I keep hitting the / instead. Not sure why as the positioning of the shift key seems standard. Kind of perplexing.
    I hear you - but this is a fact of life with any portable device - laptop, netbook, tablet.

Just got a new (awesome) job, and they provided me with a Dell Precision laptop. It's a monster, but it also has a full keyboard, complete with number pad. So right off the bat, the fingers don't fall on what you'd expect, because with most laptops the QWERTY keyboard is pretty much centered. On top of that, it has a very odd layout for Home/End/Insert/Delete/PageUp/PageDown buttons.

I've used many different laptops, and it seems that everybody has some idiosyncratic way of spacing the keys. It's a PITA to start with, but I've eventually gotten used to whatever insane layout the manufacturer has decided on.

So far, I haven't used my Touchpad for intensive data entry. For the odd post or status update though, I'm actually getting pretty good at it.

Practice makes perfect. =)