Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By Rnp
  1.    #1  
    Folks. I'm heartbroken. I ordered my HP TP on pre-ordering day directly from HP. And yesterday I found out the stupid delivery guy just left it outside the door, didn't even knock the door on 7/8. And it has been stolen...

Why delivery people stopped knocking on doors is beyond me.

I called the HP TP concierge service for a refund. Now I have to open a police report, yada, yada, yada... dagnabbit. This really ruined my week. I have 'cancelled' my order

Really, I'm ****ed and sad and who knows what else...

In other news... I have a OEM Case (the HP one) and a Touchstone charger for the TP... brand new, for obvious reasons. $100 for both + $5 shipping. Send me a private message if you want them. If you live in the bay area, we can meet if you promise to show me your Touchpad.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/20/2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: language
    Sorry about your stolen TP. If you're getting a refund, why sell the accessories. Just head over to Best Buy or any other brick and mortar store selling it and buy a replacement (at a lower price).
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidinsf View Post
    Folks. I'm heartbroken. I ordered my HP TP on pre-ordering day directly from HP. And yesterday I found out the stupid delivery guy just left it outside the door, didn't even knock the door on 7/8. And it has been stolen...

Why delivery people stopped knocking on doors is beyond me.

I called the HP TP concierge service for a refund. Now I have to open a police report, yada, yada, yada... dagnabbit. This really ruined my week. I have 'cancelled' my order

Really, I'm ****ed and sad and who knows what else...

In other news... I have a OEM Case (the HP one) and a Touchstone charger for the TP... brand new, for obvious reasons. $100 for both + $5 shipping. Send me a private message if you want them. If you live in the bay area, we can meet if you promise to show me your Touchpad.
    I would hold the delivery company responsible. Unless you requested it.
    That's horrible! One those types of deliveries a signature should be required. Geez, I'm so sorry for you.
    Hope you get it figured out, what a shame. Hope whoever stole it from you gets hit by a bus!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the good comments folks. I had purchased it with a friend who had access to an employee discount at HP. So If I go on the current sales, they are still a bit higher than what I paid. I had a slightly better price to begin with.

And a couple of car issues have come up this week, so I have no choice but to cancel, wait for the refund and sell my accessories. I'll try to wait for a deal or a newer one. I love my Pre and I really wanted the TP. So, let me know if you want to buy the original case and Touchstone from me. All new.
    I've noticed that the delivery folks have done the same with me. I found my Touchpad delivery (and I live in a bad neighborhood), sitting on the front porch. I was just lucky that no one noticed. I had another delivery yesterday of a $10 book and that delivery guy put it inside the storm door. Why didn't the first guy think of that? What happened to leaving a note that it was left with the neighbor, or better yet...coming back the next day or having you come pick it up? Grrr Sorry to hear about your experience.
    All for One and One for All!
    Putamerda!!

I'm sad for you...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Yikes that is scary...deliver should be insured though and if not...HP/Amazon/whoever takes the fall when it comes to lack of service. Police report sounds like a problematic paper trail and I'd contact your local Police Department and see if they have other options to make that process easier.

Either way, I also live on a busy intersection of my small town and am still surprised when I have packaged left on the steps and front door. Thankfully, no one has stolen anything, but people are getting desperate (drug fund, behind mortgage payment, etc...its all the same).

Sorry for your loss! Sorli...
    Strange, I ordered mine through HP Small Business division and my TouchPad was delivered by FedEx and a signature was required. Bummer that you don't have one.
    Usually those type of deliveries do require a signature. Are you SURE it was left on your door step? That shouldnt even be your fault but its going to be hard to get a refund though. You have to prove that it was stolen so they know you just arent saying it to get a refund.
    check your back yard if you have one...or your outdoor grill if you have one of those as well...
    all lies.
    Awwww (((hugs)) I'm sorry to hear this. I won a clarisonic on twitter, and someone stole it from my front porch also. Clarisonic was nice enough to replace it, and I requested that they require a signature. This was around this past Christmas. I don't live in the greatest area, but we had never had a problem before in 40 years. Folx have been desperate. I had my car broken into twice, Dec and Feb, broke a window both times. The first time they were interrupted and left all my cds, the second time there was nothing in there. Anyway, check with the shipper, most places have a claims procedure. Also, it's a long shot but both tigerdirect and phonedog.com are having contests to win a touchpad (16G):

Introducing PhoneDog's Greatest Tech Giveaway Ever! | PhoneDog

PhoneDog Sweepstakes on Facebook | Facebook Like all 9 pages for 9 entries.

You can use my referral at the bottom of the "My Entries" tab: 1488662900

TigerDirect.com - Tablet Sweepstakes | Facebook
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Sorry to hear that. You should really be persistent on making the carrier company compensate you somehow for leaving a high value package outside without requiring a signature.
    don't bother..it's not the carriers problem lol. What are you talking about man. They don't know what is in the box or the letter or whatever. You get what you pay for. You want insurrance, signature, deliver confirmation, registerd, certified... You have to pay for these extra services. If you don't pay you don't get these extra services. Once it's deliverd it's no longer the services responsibility.

the people that ship the item messd up.
    Get the carrier company to pay for a new one or call them daily about it, you will eventually get somewhere.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    Get the carrier company to pay for a new one or call them daily about it, you will eventually get somewhere.
    lol no you wont. Trust me. I answer that phone. You will get sent to a few different numbers but no you wont get any money or a replacement. If its stolen there is nothing the carrier can do about that. This is why people pay for insurrance or signature confirmation etc...