Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mikehalliday
  1.    #1  
    Would love to replace the old legal pad finally with the TP. (the phone was never sufficient, but maybe now...) but struggling with the best way to do it.

    I woudl certainly want any notes I take to sync to my PC (pref outlook) so the Notes on the TP are out. I am thinking I may need to return to the old Franklin Planner days of a "Daily Record of Events", and just have one calendar entry everyday into which I insert notest hroughout the day.

    Any other thoughts or approaches?
  2. #2  
    I think TapNotes syncs with Dropbox. Can Dropbox sync with a PC? I don't know, since I use ZumoDrive and Box.net.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehalliday View Post
    I woudl certainly want any notes I take to sync to my PC (pref outlook) so the Notes on the TP are out.

    Any other thoughts or approaches?
    There are several possibilities, depending on exactly what you need.

    1) Outline Tracker (Outline Tracker Features) can sync to a Basecamp (Project management software, online collaboration: Basecamp) project, which you can access via the web browser on your desktop Basecamp projects can include Messages, and Comments on Milestones or To-Do Items. This is best if you need to collaborate with others.

    2) Evernote syncs various kinds of textual items via the cloud. There are native clients for most modern OSs.

    3) Missing Sync/Fliq Notes is a direct sync (non-cloud) solution. The guys at Mark/Space are great, but this has never worked reliably for me, and you have to keep Missing Sync open for automatic syncs to happen.
  4. ludvball's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougReeder View Post
    There are several possibilities, depending on exactly what you need.

    1) Outline Tracker (Outline Tracker Features) can sync to a Basecamp (Project management software, online collaboration: Basecamp) project, which you can access via the web browser on your desktop Basecamp projects can include Messages, and Comments on Milestones or To-Do Items. This is best if you need to collaborate with others.

    2) Evernote syncs various kinds of textual items via the cloud. There are native clients for most modern OSs.

    3) Missing Sync/Fliq Notes is a direct sync (non-cloud) solution. The guys at Mark/Space are great, but this has never worked reliably for me, and you have to keep Missing Sync open for automatic syncs to happen.
    Outline tracker looks like the app that I would love to use, but not at the expense that basecamp charges in order to sync (minimum $50 a month after trial period). Are there any other sync solutions for Outline Tracker other than basecamp? Also, does it run in the emulator window or full screen on the touchpad?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ludvball View Post
    Outline tracker looks like the app that I would love to use, but not at the expense that basecamp charges in order to sync (minimum $50 a month after trial period). Are there any other sync solutions for Outline Tracker other than basecamp? Also, does it run in the emulator window or full screen on the touchpad?
    There is a free, limited version of BaseCamp that works fine with Outline Tracker.
  6. ludvball's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #6  
    Cool, I will have to try it then.
  7. #7  
    I like the TapNote app... but what about a note taking app that supports a stylus?
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
  8. #8  
    TapNote is the way to go for me. App is well built and it syncs with Dropbox which you can log into dropbox.com from any pc and get your notes. If you install the app, it "syncs" to that.
  9.    #9  
    thanks i will give tapnotes a try. Ther is no evernote for touchpad yet , is ther? I will look. Thanks

    tried using the tp's memo fuction today and just pasted into the calendar as a daily record of events, but the word processing is very limited.

    only other 'problem' is that my touchpad gets so much attention in meetings thatnit is distracting ;-)
    cobrakon likes this.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I think TapNotes syncs with Dropbox. Can Dropbox sync with a PC?
    If you download the Dropbox client on your Windows PC (or Mac, or Linux box) your notes will show up pretty much instantaneously as text files on your computer whenever TapNote syncs with Dropbox, and you can drag .txt files into your TapNote folder to sync them with your WebOS device(s).

    This is the main reason I chose Dropbox for sync, actually. It provides virtually instant, two-way synchronization so you can view your notes from anywhere via the web, edit them on any computer you have installed Dropbox on, and view or edit them on most non-WebOS mobile devices, as well (there's an entire niche of Dropbox editors on iOS, for instance). Dead-easy, ubiquitous access to your data was my goal, and Dropbox so far has been a good fit.
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
    I like the TapNote app... but what about a note taking app that supports a stylus?
    The stylus input is not the function of the software, but the hardware first, in case you didn't know that.

    Graphiti input would be awesome on tp for quick notes without a stylus.

    I assume at some point we will see a stylus input note app for WebOS, but due to the lack of function of stylus on the display it may be a while and may not be super functional.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  12.    #12  
    OK Tapnotes workign for me. I open a new one each day for the days notes, and at the endof the day, I paste into a Daily Record Of Events calendar entry. Then at end of week I print the weeks calendar, with APT notes for archive of the week.

    This also means that I can add notes to that calendar event throughout the day either through my laptop or my phone and at the end of the day it all ends up together.

    Works for me

    Thanks all
  13.    #13  
    Ok this approach still working for me but I have run into the "lost data DB " problem more than once now.

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...oses-data.html

    Fortunately, cause of the process I follow, the text of the notes had already been copied (and saved) in my DRE calendar entry, but I HOPE todays (?) OTA update fixes this bug.

    I still have to delete and re-install Tapnotes to get it frresh and working again each tiem.
  14.    #14  
    Ok, I think my TP Tapnotes is holding its data now. I do have another question though....when I select the option to email the note to myself, or even if I cut and paste into a calendar note, i loose much of the formating (tabs, blank lines, etc) Is there some other way, or application I should be using to preserve this when i transfer the TapNotes content to my calendar entry?

    MIke
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehalliday View Post
    when I select the option to email the note to myself, or even if I cut and paste into a calendar note, i loose much of the formating (tabs, blank lines, etc)
    Please email me a document (as a .txt file, preferably) that is not transferring over to the email app successfully and I will look into the problem (support email is in the TapNote Help menu). If it also has contents that you are trying to get into the Calendar app, let me know what portion of it you are not able to cut and paste into the calendar (and what field in the calendar you are pasting into) and I can look into that, as well.
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by One Crayon View Post
    Please email me a document (as a .txt file, preferably) that is not transferring over to the email app successfully and I will look into the problem (support email is in the TapNote Help menu). If it also has contents that you are trying to get into the Calendar app, let me know what portion of it you are not able to cut and paste into the calendar (and what field in the calendar you are pasting into) and I can look into that, as well.
    ok still in the quest for the best editor for using to take notes in meetings.

    just tried writepad. Very nice. Like the interface and that when I email the doc to myself, it preserves more of the formatting than tapnotes. However, it does seem to require you to 'save' whereas tapnotes seemed to save as you go automagically. I also miss the date/time insert function of tapnotes.

    so I am going back and forth between these 2 for my note taking, and using markdown language within them (as i like that from typewriter beta, but typewriter lost my data too many times)

Posting Permissions