1.    #1  
    Hi,

Im going to The U.S in around a month and I was going to pick up a Touchpad there but I have some concerns and Would like to discuss it with you. I really dont want to make the wrong choice because its a big purchase.

I currently live in Japan and my Palm profile was created in Australia (im an Aussie) so my Pixi plus has access to free apps. That Im fine with - I really just wanted to try out WebOS and so far its been really great.

But after thinking about whether to buy a touchpad or not is a lot harder. Due to the App catalogue. I dont want to buy a great piece of hardware (and expensive) to find out that I cant purchase apps. I'd be activating in the U.S to check that everything is working etc. I dont want to jump through hoops to get paid apps. i dont have a U.S credit card and I dont think that HP will be selling it here at all (in Japan that is)

Due to this fact, I was looking at the HTC flyer to buy. Being android is one thing but it gives me the ability to have a working market place in Japan or Australia.

What do you members think ???
    Last edited by aussieinjapan; 07/20/2011 at 06:56 AM. Reason: better
    Perhaps you need to consider the potential 'problem' that HTC and Android in general may be facing when making your decision. There have been several articles recently about Apple (forgive my language) having sucessfully pursued breach of copyright against HTC - whilst I'm sure that there will be some kind of fudge / compromise that will eventually resolve this, perhaps you may wish to consider this in making your decision.
    I am very new to webOS and Touchpad - I live in the UK and had some minor issues in setting up a valid credit card but, with the help of this forum, managed to get it fixed quickly and easliy. I don't know enough about the technical side of life to give any reliable advice but, so far, my experience of the TP and Apps has been ok. I also know that there are areas that could be improved but, this is work in progress. Good luck with your decision!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by aussieinjapan View Post
    Hi,

Im going to The U.S in around a month and I was going to pick up a Touchpad there but I have some concerns and Would like to discuss it with you. I really dont want to make the wrong choice because its a big purchase.

I currently live in Japan and my Palm profile was created in Australia (im an Aussie) so my Pixi plus has access to free apps. That Im fine with - I really just wanted to try out WebOS and so far its been really great.

But after thinking about whether to buy a touchpad or not is a lot harder. Due to the App catalogue. I dont want to buy a great piece of hardware (and expensive) to find out that I cant purchase apps. I'd be activating in the U.S to check that everything is working etc. I dont want to jump through hoops to get paid apps. i dont have a U.S credit card and I dont think that HP will be selling it here at all (in Japan that is)

Due to this fact, I was looking at the HTC flyer to buy. Being android is one thing but it gives me the ability to have a working market place in Japan or Australia.

What do you members think ???
    Ok, I just read on the front page about Australia getting the touchpad !!! So Does that mean I can set my country to Australia ???