Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    The TouchPad comes with a limited set of supported languages and keyboard layouts. I like the device, but without additional languages it's rather useless.

Can anybody make a patch or give me an advice "where to dig" to add virtual keyboard layouts for additional languages?
    Thanks in advance!
    andygeee likes this.
  2.    #2  
    I think that the HP made a right decision to spread it's webOS platform in the Russia. After a not so long digging in webOS internals coders from webos-forums.ru made a Russian keyboard for TP. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $oother$ &$quot$;$unsupported$ $languages$&$quot$; $can$ $be$ $added$ $the$ $same$ $way$.

Last edited by Pilotovef; 07/28/2011 at 09:25 AM.
    How about a link to the instructions ?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Wow, great work! I echo the sentiment above - is there a link with info? Would a Greek keyboard be possible?
  5.    #5  
    The method is awaiting WebOS Internals approval. If everything fine there will be a step-by-step instruction in their Wiki.
    Last edited by Pilotovef; 07/29/2011 at 01:39 AM.
    Great! Thanks for following up on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    The method is awaiting WebOS Internals approval. If everything fine there will be a step-by-step instruction in their Wiki.
    I'm not aware of WebOS Internals holding up documentation of this. Anyone can create a wiki page at any time.

As far as I know, it's a binary machine code modification to LunaSysMgr. So it will very likely be webOS version specific and not port easily to new webOS versions like most patches.

But we do have the capability to do binary patches, so if the instructions are posted someone can possibly turn it into a binary patch in the feeds.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hi,

Any news with this excellent patch? could I use it to add other unsupported language? When it will be available in webos internals to use it?
  9.    #9  
    Author made an automatic installation script for Russian keyboard (details here).
    First of all download the ruskey.zip.

Follow next steps:

1. Unzip it using password "webos-forums.ru" (without quotes).
    2. Create folder "ruskey" on device / emulator in USB-drive mode
    2. Move contents of archive to the folder
    3. Put there the LunaSysMgr file (it situated in /usr/bin/ dir) using the Internalz file manager
    4. Connect via ssh or novaterm
    6. Go to the folder (cd /media/internal/ruskey)
    7. run sh. /ruskey.sh
    Last edited by Pilotovef; 08/20/2011 at 02:10 AM.
    Author made an automatic installation script for Russian keyboard (details here).

Follow next steps:

1. Unzip it.
    3. Put there the LunaSysMgr file (it situated in /usr/bin/ dir) using the Internalz file manager
    7. run sh. /ruskey.sh
    What is the password for the zip file?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What is the password for the zip file?

-- Rod
    webos-forums.ru

Follow next steps:

1. Unzip it using password "webos-forums.ru" (without quotes).
    7. run sh. /ruskey.sh
    I hope webos-internals will make this on their site.

You mention earlier that with this way we all get chance to add other unsupported languages too. Have any idea how to do that?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post

You mention earlier that with this way we all get chance to add other unsupported languages too. Have any idea how to do that?
    Yes, the chance is real. You can contact the author directly on webos-forums.ru and get info from him.
    Here is his profile Вход
    Yes, the chance is real. You can contact the author directly on webos-forums.ru and get info from him.
    Here is his profile Вход
    Thats great but it asking me to register and I have no idea how to do that, its Russian.

I opened zip folder but have now idea how to access this files and which one is to change letters.

I am so sorry to asking you much, but it will be more helpful if you pm me autor's email.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Wiki page with the description of the changes made - we cannot distribute modified binaries.

-- Rod
    I've been trying to install this keyboard on my TouchPad. So far, I've successfully installed the webOS 3.0.2 SDK + VirtualBox on my computer (the easy part), and I've extracted novaterm into the SDK/bin directory. However, when I try to connect to "localhost" I get a very long error message. Any ideas how to fix this? I can post the error message if needed.
  17.    #17  
    Viewtiful_Jon, did you enable developer's mode on TP?
    Viewtiful_Jon, did you enable developer's mode on TP?
    Yep, Dev mode was active every time I tried.
  19.    #19  
    post the error message plz
    Okay, I figured out my first problem. I just needed to use Novacom to login with my TouchPad DevMode password, then I can connect as root via Novaterm just fine. However, when I navigate over to /media/internal/ruskey and then run ruskey.sh, I get the following message:

Checking patch files...
    3.0.2 device version detected
    NEW FILE IS CORRUPTED OR MISSING. Check if you copied all needed files.

This is after unzipping the entire contents of "ruskey.zip" and moving a copy of LunaSysMgr into the ruskey folder on my TouchPad.
    Last edited by Viewtiful_Jon; 08/21/2011 at 05:30 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast