Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    I've posted instructions how to change keyboard layout in webos-internals wiki. Here is the link Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad
    --
    Code to live, live to ride, ride to the end...
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    [Patch]3rd party photo synergy enabler.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    Quote Originally Posted by Compvir View Post
    I've posted instructions how to change keyboard layout in webos-internals wiki. Here is the link Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad

Hi,

Thats great, you came this forum. I need to know how to change your keyboard with Georgian letters, if you don't hesitate please help.

Thanks for this great job! You rock man!
    Last edited by iverieli; 08/22/2011 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    Hi,

Thats great, you came this forum. I need to know how to change your keyboard with Georgian letters, if you don't hesitate please help.

Thanks for this great job! You rock man!
    I have plans on writing scripts to make keyboard layouts from xml, json or other human readable formats on the fly in the device. If I fail I always can write some simple program for desktop for that purpse. But right now I have deadline coming on my work and have almost no time to do that.

Mostly the only thing you can do right now is to open your LunaSysMgr in any hex editor and study it near offsets I've mentioned on wiki page.

If you have any particular difficulty in reading hex codes fell free to contact me on ICQ(98473980) or jabber( compvir@jabber.ru ). I will try to answer you.
    Last edited by Compvir; 08/22/2011 at 10:34 AM.
    --
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    Quote Originally Posted by Compvir View Post
    I have plans on writing scripts to make keyboard layouts from xml, json or other human readable formats on the fly in the device. If I fail I always can write some simple program for desktop for that purpse. But right now I have deadline coming on my work and have almost no time to do that.

Mostly the only thing you can do right now is to open your LunaSysMgr in any hex editor and study it near offsets I've mentioned on wiki page.

If you have any particular difficulty in reading hex codes fell free to contact me on ICQ(98473980) or jabber( compvir@jabber.ru ). I will try to answer you.
    Thats cool! I hope you will be successful with this work. I understand everyone has deadlines and I will try with LunaSysMgr but to be honest I never did something like before.

I am mac user and have to find some hex editor first and then check whats going on.

I wish help you with your job to make more easy VT keyboard. Will contact you via jabber if have questions. Thanks again.

P.S. I added you on jabber account and I have one very good offer for you, if you talk me in jabber chat.
    Last edited by iverieli; 08/22/2011 at 11:53 AM.
    I've created shell script that generates keyboard layout from JSON file and patches LunaSysMgr. Instructions are on Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad

Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    P.S. I added you on jabber account and I have one very good offer for you, if you talk me in jabber chat.
    It is strange, but I didn't receive any invite or message, may be some misrouting of gating between jabber servers :-(
    --
    Never mind, I solved the problem.

If anybody else is attempting this, a description of my problem and solution follows:

Problem:
    Despite perfect execution of webos-internals instructions, the patch seems to do nothing.

Solution:
    Simply go to "Regional Settings" (on your Touchpad) and add a new keyboard with the layout that you used in your patch.

e.g.) My default keyboard is English Qwerty, and I used a patch for Russian Azerty, which at first didn't show up. So I went to Regional Settings and added English Azerty to my list of keyboards. Now when I press the keyboard switch button on the keyboard (labelled "En" in my case, situated right next to the "+=[]" key to the left of the spacebar), the keyboard switches to Russian Azerty as planned

Thank you to everybody who worked on the keyboard customizing and helped me install it via this thread
    Last edited by Viewtiful_Jon; 08/29/2011 at 10:51 PM.
    This thread is very exciting to me. I am very anxious to figure out how to add Hebrew to my TP. I added it to my Pre and it works great. I know the same process cannot be applied to 3.02 and that it is more complicated but has anyone figured out how to add right-to left capability for Hebrew and Arabic?

If anyone knows how to do this or is willing to tackle figuring it out I (and likely many others who need Hebrew and Arabic) would be very grateful!
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    This thread is very exciting to me. I am very anxious to figure out how to add Hebrew to my TP. I added it to my Pre and it works great. I know the same process cannot be applied to 3.02 and that it is more complicated but has anyone figured out how to add right-to left capability for Hebrew and Arabic?

If anyone knows how to do this or is willing to tackle figuring it out I (and likely many others who need Hebrew and Arabic) would be very grateful!
    RTL? I don't remember anything like that for the Pre. If you want to add Hebrew virtual keyboard, you can use Dmitry's (Compvir) shell script and my Hebrew json map from here: keypatch.zip.
    To install it, follow the instructions here: Palm Preacher – (My keymap is better than theirs).
    Could someone upload the zip file here. Tried to register but couldnīt due to too many registrations??? couldn`t register at all...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Great! Thanks for following up on this.
    Should we make an effort to create a Greek keyboard for the TP?
    Mate, for russian Webos goodies you need to go here: webos-forums.ru

They have russian keyboard for Touchpad - I can confirm it works.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I've gotten the ruskey files downloaded, created the new folder on the Touchpad and copied both the contents of the ruskey folder and LunaSysMgr in the folder. I have also downloaded and installed the HP webOS SDK / PDK program on my desktop (win7 64bit) and copied the Novaterm files to the proper bin folder. I seem to be connecting to the Touchpad but every time I try to change the directory to: cd /media/internal/keypatch/ I get errors and I can't run the ruskey.sh. Actually, once I am connected to the Touchpad in novaterm, any key I hit provides an error.

Could somebody provide slightly more detailed instructions on installing this and running it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by beepnklik View Post
    I've gotten the ruskey files downloaded, created the new folder on the Touchpad and copied both the contents of the ruskey folder and LunaSysMgr in the folder. I have also downloaded and installed the HP webOS SDK / PDK program on my desktop (win7 64bit) and copied the Novaterm files to the proper bin folder. I seem to be connecting to the Touchpad but every time I try to change the directory to: cd /media/internal/keypatch/ I get errors and I can't run the ruskey.sh. Actually, once I am connected to the Touchpad in novaterm, any key I hit provides an error.

Could somebody provide slightly more detailed instructions on installing this and running it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Adam
    First of all ruskey is really outdated. It was replaced by keypatch long ago. You can find describtion and download link on Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad - WebOS Internals under Patching script|Patching process section. But I recommend you to read all the 3rd section first.
    Second for it is easier for russian-speakers to get faster response on webOS Forums -
    --
  14.    #34  
    For those who don't know Russian keyboard is now distributing as self installing IPK file. Also there are modifications with arrows support.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12