Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Abyssul
  1.    #1  
    I was surprised at the difference between the two in my work truck. I would have thought the straight input would have been louder, but thats not the case. Huge difference in fact.

Just picked up a Celltronix CE-2152 Universal FM Transmitter from a Flying J truck stop for $24.95, as my old $45 one from the Source had packed it in. Much better, imo
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Good to know. Been thinking of getting the Jabra that routes calls/music to the unit via Bluetooth, then sends music to the radio via FM. Now using the aux jack.
    Every experience I have had with FM transmitters have been pretty average to poor in regards to it's potential. Your FM transmitter may be louder than your Aux-In, but it can't possible sound better unless your aux-in is faulty. That's like saying mono sounds better than stereo.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    in my experience I've always had a lot more luck with a basic 3.5 to 3.5 setup
    I used this FM transmitter - 2nd Generation Audio FM Transmitter plus integrated Car Charger for the PalmOne Palm Pre with Gomadic TipExchange Technology - in my old truck. Now, in my new truck I have an aux jack. While the volume of the aux jack is lower, the quality is much better.

But, FWIW, I did quite a bit of research before I bought that Transmitter and it seemed that was the best and the price is pretty decent too. Great that it works as a charger & transmitter!

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  6.    #6  
    It's a decent system in the Peterbilt that I drive, however, not decent enough (for me) for just aux in. Big loud engine might have something to do with it. There's enough open freq's where I live as well. The trsnsmitter sits right on top of the radio as well. Maybe I lose some quality, but I can live with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Every experience I have had with FM transmitters have been pretty average to poor in regards to it's potential. Your FM transmitter may be louder than your Aux-In, but it can't possible sound better unless your aux-in is faulty. That's like saying mono sounds better than stereo.
    agreed, gonna have to test out my 3.5 bT adapter
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    They have those? Just plugs into 3.5mm input for an instant BT connection? I'm going to have to look into one of those maybe.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    The quality of the FM transmitter also depends on where you live. In Connecticut, there are very few available channels to tune and it changes as you move around. I used BT in a rental car and that was far superior. I haven't used the aux jack yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    They have those? Just plugs into 3.5mm input for an instant BT connection? I'm going to have to look into one of those maybe.
    They exist, but aren't all that common. If you go into Best Buy and ask about Bluetooth receivers, they'll give you a blank stare. But they're easy to find on Amazon. Belkin makes one for about 30 bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    They exist, but aren't all that common. If you go into Best Buy and ask about Bluetooth receivers, they'll give you a blank stare. But they're easy to find on Amazon. Belkin makes one for about 30 bucks.
    i have an audiovox version from amazon
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    That would be infinitely better than the FM transmitter you're currently using. =p
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06