Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'm on it right now and its amazing!
    Welcome to the HP TouchPad train with thE webOS!
    I see pandas.
    Congrats!! It's an amazing device - enjoy it!
    Congrats, You lucky duck. What are you using it for? Be sure to get the case. It's the bomb. I think I'm going to breakdown and order the TouchStone. There's a lot of nifty tips out there, but here's some things to try:
    Load some pictures and music; I love Exhibition mode; my niece and nephew enjoy Angry Birds; book mark or make a launcher Icon for Google docs to edit your docs. Check out Mint.com. Playon will allow you to access all of your media files such as Netflix, hulu, Amazon Premier, etc.; load Preware. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    download box.net app right away 50GB FREE CLOUD STORAGE!
    Welcome to the club. I have to agree with the Box.Net app. Get your free 50gb.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Congrats, You lucky duck. What are you using it for? Be sure to get the case. It's the bomb. I think I'm going to breakdown and order the TouchStone. There's a lot of nifty tips out there, but here's some things to try:
    Load some pictures and music; I love Exhibition mode; my niece and nephew enjoy Angry Birds; book mark or make a launcher Icon for Google docs to edit your docs. Check out Mint.com. Playon will allow you to access all of your media files such as Netflix, hulu, Amazon Premier, etc.; load Preware. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
    the case is the bomb
    I got it yesterday and I love it
    you should definitely get the ts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    the case is the bomb
    I will. I forgot about box. Box for TouchPad is free and you get the free 50GB of space. Box.net app is not free. It was one of the first apps I downloaded to take advantage of the free 50GB of space.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Welcome to the club! I've had mine since the 2nd of july and enjoy using it every day.
    I just want to get the case and the touchstone to complete the experience, enjoy your touchpad.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for all the tips, I love it so far. I cant wait to really start using it.
    I will. I forgot about box. Box for TouchPad is free and you get the free 50GB of space. Box.net app is not free. It was one of the first apps I downloaded to take advantage of the free 50GB of space.
    I was under the impression that the box.net app is free for the touchpad. I just checked and i see only two apps for box.net. Only one is designed for the touchpad and that one is free, unless I'm using the wrong search keywords.
    ^you are correct sir. Box.net app for TP is free.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Jonas916 - Really pleased for you - enjoy the TP, I think it's great and will get even better. This forum is one of the best I have seen - great questions and loads of really constructive advice. Look forward to reading more posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    the case is the bomb

+1 ...and so is the Touchstone! I wasn't going to get the keyboard but changed my mind & glad I did. It has built in Volume, Brightness, Power, Cursor Arrows, Card Button to name a few.
  15.    #15  
    After a late night of use, I'm still thrilled! I wasn't sure how I'd do with the VKB, but it functions quite well. I have used my TP to Skype chat so far, google voice, surf the web, buy some books, and facebook. I have yet to load any music and pictures. As per the above advice I registered for my box.net account and I'm looking into the accessories. This was a total impulse buy. I saw someone on CL selling it NIB for $425 and couldn't pass it up. I currently have a Sprintified Pre2 and I love it. My original Pre- became a Pre+ about a month ago and I just needed more. Everyone here and at webOSInternals are great. I am having a bit of trouble installing preware so I'll have to do some research on that. I had to go to work eventually. My only issue with it is that an HP rep told me last night via chat that it only supports sms messaging in webOS 2.2.0 ash! We'll just have to figure out how to do it on my Pre2. thanks again to all!
    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7412002 View Post
    I was under the impression that the box.net app is free for the touchpad. I just checked and i see only two apps for box.net. Only one is designed for the touchpad and that one is free, unless I'm using the wrong search keywords.
    You're not using the wrong words. The Website is box.net. That's free. There are two apps in the app store: Box.net client and Box for TouchPad. Box for TP app is free. The box.net client app is .99 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonas916 View Post
    After a late night of use, I'm still thrilled! I wasn't sure how I'd do with the VKB, but it functions quite well. I have used my TP to Skype chat so far, google voice, surf the web, buy some books, and facebook. I have yet to load any music and pictures. As per the above advice I registered for my box.net account and I'm looking into the accessories. This was a total impulse buy. I saw someone on CL selling it NIB for $425 and couldn't pass it up. I currently have a Sprintified Pre2 and I love it. My original Pre- became a Pre+ about a month ago and I just needed more. Everyone here and at webOSInternals are great. I am having a bit of trouble installing preware so I'll have to do some research on that. I had to go to work eventually. My only issue with it is that an HP rep told me last night via chat that it only supports sms messaging in webOS 2.2.0 ash! We'll just have to figure out how to do it on my Pre2. thanks again to all!
    Use QI to install Preware and there's a new app for chat and sms called TextOne HD. I haven't used it yet, but it'll be worth a try. It's free.
    I've just got a TP 32GB today. I'm in the UK but unfortunaltey my device is a loan one so I only have it for a month.

I've had a Pre -, Pre+ and a Pre 2, so I love WebOS, let's see how the TouchPad fares!
    Welcome to the world of Touchpad-onium!
  20.    #20  
    Use QI to install Preware and there's a new app for chat and sms called TextOne HD. I haven't used it yet, but it'll be worth a try. It's free.
    I have preware installed, but I can't find the textone HD app. Do I need to add a specific feed?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast