Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree38Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    anything for windows?
    http://preyproject.com/
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    have u been typing all those posts with your touchpad

yes i have. 100% of them have been with my touchpad!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee McKillop View Post
    I am really sorry to hear how you have been voiolated in such a distrurbing way. I hope that whoever has done this to you gets what he/she deserves. However, I am so impressed at your positivity - quite inspirational really and I really do hope that the TP does work out well.

Keep smiling if you can and very best regards,

Dee

I am a firm believer in optimism. After all, I may not have my electronics, but I still have food, clothes, shelter, a very gorgeous girlfriend, and my touchpad. That other stuff can be replaced in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    first off, sorry for Ur losses. But, for the experiment, it seems interesting. If you can tell us what apps you use most and which you would like more of or to improve to make the TP as stand alone as possible. Good luck.
    Definitely will. Look for updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    So this afternoon I came to a robbed home.
    The experiement? I am going to see how this works out. I am going to review two to three weeks with only a touchpad and nothing more. This should be interesting. I will update this thread, or maybe create a new one, in a few weeks explaining how it went for me.

oh yeah.
    WOW, that sucks! Sorry to hear that happened! >

For your experiment:

Please try google docs and let us know how that is.

Also, do 1 week with it un-patched, and 1-week with homebrew. I'd be curious how much it changes your usage.

Also, you might want to contact HP (through your friend?) to tell them about this and see if they'll give you some extra stuff or pay you to blog about this. Maybe if you extend it to a full month? (Maybe they'll give you free movies, etc from their cloud services) I could see the blog being useful to them as advertising.
    fwinst likes this.
    Man, very sorry to hear about that OP. i've hard cars broken into and a couple stolen and that was serious kick in the privacy privates, but thankfully my house hasn't been.

As far as the blogging idea, I really think that is a brilliant idea. This has all the makings of an excellent venture. I am sure this community will gather round it and HP would definitely like it. They just kicked off the Touchpad Peers program, so at the very least maybe you can get an extra Touchpad for your troubles

Good luck!
    Dee McKillop likes this.
    I guess getting your posts on PreCentral gives you a much broader audience than starting a blog about it.

Life on webOS and webOS only - robbed of everything but my TouchPad | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

Good luck with everything.
    Wow, that sucks... But hope the experience is pleasant.

YOU KNOW...

You have an awesome community of supporters behind you. Create a Paypal account and post a link for donations. I am sure there are people here who would help you in a heartbeat.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Very nicely written opening story. I'm sorry to hear about the robbery, but I cannot wait to read more of your stories.

Since I bought the touchpad on launch day, I've been using it almost exclusively as well. Look forward to reading, your attitude towards all of this has been admirable.
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
    That sucks man. Really sucks. But seeing how this is an great community and your experience will better all the current and future touchpad users...maybe somebody could set up a donation link? We all donate to webos internals for the advice, insight, and awesome stuff they pull off, why not come together to help a fellow member? At least you know this charity is helping someone. Five less bucks never killed anybody.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Wow, that sucks... But hope the experience is pleasant.

YOU KNOW...

You have an awesome community of supporters behind you. Create a Paypal account and post a link for donations. I am sure there are people here who would help you in a heartbeat.
    Beat me too it lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!
    Well... I believe that I can say that I was in same boat, but was in a different situation...

Was 08/01/2008. I always go to my home at 5:30 pm, but that day, I stay in office to see the webOS launch. So, I saw everything and I leave the building close to 6:45pm, and I was attacked for two thieves, one with a big knife.

They asked for my cellphone (was in my pocket and they don't know what was) and one hit me with knife in my hand. With this shock, the other take my backpack and both escape, leave me bleeding. I gone to hospital where I was for two days. This happened when my little princess has only 15 days since borned...

When happened, I posted my story here, with some pictures in the end: PalmFórum • Ver Tópico - [BBK]Fui Assaltado e Esfaqueado... (Agora, Detalhadamente!)

I lost my backpack, notebook, bluetooth accessories, usb cables, some money... So, I gone to hospital, lost close to $ 3.000,00 and could not take in my arms my princess in his firsts life days...

Believe me... you lost nothing. Go on, and post from your touchpad.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Can I just say, you're an inspiration!

I try to be optimistic most of the time, sometimes I fail, but I always try. However, it was probably your optimism that made you go without insurance in the first place
    Last edited by RedMist; 07/21/2011 at 09:40 AM.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Esteban, How did you take the photo and attach it to your blog with just a Touchpad???
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    Esteban, How did you take the photo and attach it to your blog with just a Touchpad???
    Yeah, did you steal a crappy camera for that shot? :P
    Am I the only one that things a collection needs to be started to get this man a Touchpad keyboard? Unless he already has one, but I did not see that mentioned any where.
    Rockbeast likes this.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Can I just say, you're an inspiration!

I try to be optimistic most of the time, sometimes I fail, but I always try. However, it was probably your optimism that made you go without insurance in the first place
    you are correct. Haha. And sometimes, my optimism is proven wrong, like for this scenario! But really, what can I do except keep smilimg? The world keeps turning, after all. And I am not religious, but I do believe in karma. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    haha. I suppose I wasnt clear enough. I still have my Pre 2! I carry that and my touchpad EVERYWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Yeah, did you steal a crappy camera for that shot? :P
    that 'crappy camera' is the pre 2's.... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by beantastic View Post
    Am I the only one that things a collection needs to be started to get this man a Touchpad keyboard? Unless he already has one, but I did not see that mentioned any where.
    No keyboard. But I may invest in one. I suppose I can spen that money. After all, it will help me out tremendously.
    Ahhh, I thought you lost your phone as well. I must have misread your initial post. Glad you still have it, at least! And yes, that's a crappy camera! Haha. Well, so is my camera on the Pre. Just junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by beantastic View Post
    I don't know how to set this up, but I'd throw a few bucks into the pot, hoping enough others would also so he could get the keyboard..even if he's already bought one, it would help buy groceries. Those thieves might have emptied his fridge too!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123