Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes
    Aw man. That's terrible. I hope that you are able to recover your stuff.

I've been in the same boat - to me losing stuff wasn't the worst part of the experience; it was knowing that someone had entered my home, my domain, my castle without my permission or knowledge. At least you weren't home when you were invaded - the situation could have been much worse.

Did none of your neighbours hear/see anything?
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    Aw man. That's terrible. I hope that you are able to recover your stuff.

I've been in the same boat - to me losing stuff wasn't the worst part of the experience; it was knowing that someone had entered my home, my domain, my castle without my permission or knowledge. At least you weren't home when you were invaded - the situation could have been much worse.

Did none of your neighbours hear/see anything?
    You know, thats actually the part that makes me feel uncomfortable. But it really bothers me that I lost thousands of dollars in one day. And yes, it could have been much worse, you are correct.

My neighbors were not home when it occured. None of them. At least I have my touchpad, though. So yes, it could have been much worse.... No touchpad!
    Man sorry to hear about your troubles. On the flip side though, I've had my touchpad for a few days now and it just keeps getting better and better. I put the patches on it through preware and find it to be more and more stable and fast. At least you still have a nice tablet. Can always build a cheap computer if you need to later. Might not be best to use your tablet for work, but for everything else, it's more than adequate. Unless you like MMORPG's. Those are bad for you anyways..
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you know about the google documents apps. You'll need some way to edit documents.

I keep copies of photos on CDs and on a drive at work in addition to home. Also, many of my current and important docs are on dropbox.

I do need to backup some of my latest photos tho... hmmm
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Man sorry to hear about your troubles. On the flip side though, I've had my touchpad for a few days now and it just keeps getting better and better. I put the patches on it through preware and find it to be more and more stable and fast. At least you still have a nice tablet. Can always build a cheap computer if you need to later. Might not be best to use your tablet for work, but for everything else, it's more than adequate. Unless you like MMORPG's. Those are bad for you anyways..
    i forget, how do you put preware on the touchpad without a computer?
    have u been typing all those posts with your touchpad
    For the future you could get http://hiddenapp.com/

For your macbook & retrieve all your property

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-MacBook.html

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by sketch42; 07/20/2011 at 12:58 AM.
    Did you read this about maybe recovering your ps3?

PS3 STOLEN? Follow these steps! Not... | PlayStation® Community Forums
    kkhanmd likes this.
    I am really sorry to hear how you have been voiolated in such a distrurbing way. I hope that whoever has done this to you gets what he/she deserves. However, I am so impressed at your positivity - quite inspirational really and I really do hope that the TP does work out well.

Keep smiling if you can and very best regards,

Dee
    first off, sorry for Ur losses. But, for the experiment, it seems interesting. If you can tell us what apps you use most and which you would like more of or to improve to make the TP as stand alone as possible. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    If you are comfortable with Linux...

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals - Installing Preware from the Command Line

EDIT: Oops! I guess you need some external facility to access the command line.
    Last edited by johncc; 07/20/2011 at 07:32 AM.
    sry for your loss and don't forget to change some passwords, if there is a possibility, that you have left a trace which it could be. The same with bank/credit card data --> inform bank. Also they could login some accounts if there are autologins, without knowing password. Best thing, of course, if they could not login anyway and the data is encrypted.

The bad thing about the state of the touchpad now is that quickoffice is not full functional yet. That makes it more difficult. Also I don'T know a way to install preware without Computer connection. So you need at least one time a PC...

Edit: how do you get access to command line with a new device? Or it is a possiblity just to select an "app"/"patch"-address in the browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukeda View Post
    Edit: how do you get access to command line with a new device? Or it is a possiblity just to select an "app"/"patch"-address in the browser?
    Good point. I don't know if it's possible.
    Good point. I was hoping you already had it on there. You could borrow a friend's computer and just do it from their computer.
    OP... so sorry to hear about the theft! That reeeeaaaaally torks me off when I hear that someone did that to another person.

If you haven't... be SURE to change all of your email and on-line account passwords. Even if you don't think you saved them on your devices - change them anyway. You can never be too safe and never know where your stuff ended up.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Sorry about the robbery. I found your idea about using only the Touchpad intriguing. So, I sent the story to HP (via an email to CEO). I think this would be a huge opportunity for them. Well...if all goes well for you on your Touchpad. MAke sure you keep updating your experience on a regular basis. You never know, maybe you'll hear from HP

UPDATE: I just got a call from HP. They find the OP's idea intriguing as well. They're going to monitor this post.
    Last edited by fwinst; 07/20/2011 at 11:33 AM.
    kkhanmd likes this.
    insane heat, windows with screens left open,, came home.. screen on backyard window removed,, stuff on counter knocked over,,, , 98 pound golden sitting attentively at small bathroom door, scratch marks on door, 5 pd yorkie ****zu cross sitting at bathroom door, 20 pd cat also sitting at bathroom door, all three growling,, a little blood on the floor,, open door, after moving all three out of the way,, now, the kid sitting in the corner, next to the toilet, was scared poopless, yes he was wary of the dogs, but, it was the bites from the cat, and scratches on his face from same cat that had him worried the most. lol,, now the dumb*** tries to run past me, lil dog barks, and runs, golden (his name is Bear) lunges at him, cat actually wraps his front legs around the kids left calf and proceeds to sink in those fangs,,, down he goes, with a little help from me and the Bear. I let the cat have his way with him for a few minutes while i called the cops.. kid had to get a bunch of shots, painful from what the cop said, and it seems when "Bear" all 98 pounds of him, landed on his chest, he got a cracked rib as well.. here is betting he dont come back soon..

As too using TP for everything,, damn good idea,,, except i own way too much electronic equipment. lol.. yes i have insurance. as well as two guard dogs and a attack cat.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    insane heat, windows with screens left open,, came home.. screen on backyard window removed,, stuff on counter knocked over,,, , 98 pound golden sitting attentively at small bathroom door, scratch marks on door, 5 pd yorkie ****zu cross sitting at bathroom door, 20 pd cat also sitting at bathroom door, all three growling,, a little blood on the floor,, open door, after moving all three out of the way,, now, the kid sitting in the corner, next to the toilet, was scared poopless, yes he was wary of the dogs, but, it was the bites from the cat, and scratches on his face from same cat that had him worried the most. lol,, now the dumb*** tries to run past me, lil dog barks, and runs, golden (his name is Bear) lunges at him, cat actually wraps his front legs around the kids left calf and proceeds to sink in those fangs,,, down he goes, with a little help from me and the Bear. I let the cat have his way with him for a few minutes while i called the cops.. kid had to get a bunch of shots, painful from what the cop said, and it seems when "Bear" all 98 pounds of him, landed on his chest, he got a cracked rib as well.. here is betting he dont come back soon..

As too using TP for everything,, damn good idea,,, except i own way too much electronic equipment. lol.. yes i have insurance. as well as two guard dogs and a attack cat.
    Way to go Bear Cat!!! 20 lbs wow.
    Unfortunately mine are too mellow unless the burglar is carrying some food.
    Nope. It had to be a kid that got in. They broke in through a 1ft by 2ft hole that they created by kicking in the area next to my window air conditioning unit. I am a pretty small guy and I cant even fit in there. Honestly, nothing bigger than a 13 year old kid could have fit in there.
    Geez. I hope that little %^&* gets beat up every day at school.

You didn't mention it, but do you have a laptop tracking program like Prey? I loaded it on my wife's laptop. Haven't had to use it, thankfully. But it's there in case we do need it.

Lukeda mentioned changing your passwords. As soon as you can, get a LastPass account and start securing your usernames and passwords. I did this about 6 months ago and it's been the best, most useful web service I've ever used (and paid for).
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    For the future you could get Hidden - The most advanced theft tracking software for your Mac.

For your macbook & retrieve all your property

Thief caught by Hidden app after victim remotely controls MacBook | Mail Online

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    anything for windows?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast