Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
  1.    #1  
    Instead of having beats audio speakers in the touchpad they should've bundle them up with a set of beat headphone. If they would've done this instead and sold the touchpad at the current price range (499 and 599) these things would be flying of the racks. Or have a limited edition Diddy beat Touchpad, Lady GaGa beats Touchpad. Someone tell Hp to give me a call, cause I can sell this and Ice to an eskimo.
    But I like my Beats Audio speakers

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    estebancam, IGNTNUNLMTD and fredd0 like this.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Beats Audio technology is more about the headphone jack and electrical components (DAC, amplifier, wiring, etc) than it is about the speakers. I don't think the speakers themselves are branded as Beats Audio. The TouchPad will sound good with any good quality headset.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    But how many people do you see walking down the hall at work blasting music from their tablet? None, it's not 1985 where boom boxes were the thing.
    You don't put two expensive devices in a bundle when they are in two entirely different categories.

If they did this, they would have to charge extra for the beats. Or, in your scenario where they are the same price, everyone would be wondering where they can get their $350 Touchpad.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    i dont want headphones, I'm happy with the beats speakers. So I wouldnt really call it a HUGE mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Beats Audio technology is more about the headphone jack and electrical components (DAC, amplifier, wiring, etc) than it is about the speakers. I don't think the speakers themselves are branded as Beats Audio. The TouchPad will sound good with any good quality headset.
    Probably a ton better with any headphones that aren't beats. Which are awful. And very over priced.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    I think the mistake was not really marketing Beats Audio as much. They should have put the Beats logo on the back of the TouchPad, & have it displayed more predominately near the TouchPad Demo units.They sure enough emphasize their laptops with Beats Audio, they should do the same with the TouchPad.

On another note, the Beats headphones are amazing. I read a lot of comments of people knocking them, saying they are not quality. I tried them the other day with music on my Pre 2, & the difference was crazy. I noticed a lot of sounds & instruments in the background of many songs that I never noticed with my stock headphones. Also using a music app like audiophile where you can control the bass & treble improves it even more. Beats headphones are a win!
    LordSecksie, gzinkl and SnotBoogie like this.
    there's licensing restrictions that prevent HP from doing this.... the beats headphones are made by MONSTER unfortunately.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    You don't put two expensive devices in a bundle when they are in two entirely different categories.

If they did this, they would have to charge extra for the beats. Or, in your scenario where they are the same price, everyone would be wondering where they can get their $350 Touchpad.
    It's called marketing folks, hp has a good realtionship with beats already, why not use what they do best? remember Ipods were all about the white earphones, it became there sub logo for ad works. So why couldn't they (hp) do that with beats, and I'm not talking about the dj booth beats headset that go for $499, the entry level one $99 would do fine.
  11.    #11  
    Because beats itself isn't much. I'm not saying it's not a distinct advantage. But it's not something to put the entire weight of the device on.

No, that's stupid. $499 for TP + cans == death. It's the opposite of marketing.

Which marketing degree do you have?
    Then why have beats speakers at all? The only reason they are using beats audio is because they sell, period. Thats the same reason why Chrysler inked a deal to have beats audio speaker in their new 300. There is more of a brand following to beats audio than there is to webos! So it make perfects sense to aline your brand with another hot product. Basic Marketing! Oh yeah how are the sales of the tp doing so far?
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamm2382 View Post
    Then why have beats speakers at all? The only reason they are using beats audio is because they sell, period. Thats the same reason why Chrysler inked a deal to have beats audio speaker in their new 300. There is more of a brand following to beats audio than there is to webos! So it make perfects sense to aline your brand with another hot product. Basic Marketing! Oh yeah how are the sales of the tp doing so far?
    We don't know how it is selling. It has Beats audio technology built into the device which will provide better sound with or without beats audio.

EDIT: following your logic, if they add beats headphones it's only going to help out beats and not webos. Also, the beats headphones are poorly made and over priced.
    Last edited by Ulairi; 07/19/2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: updating
    Because beats itself isn't much. I'm not saying it's not a distinct advantage. But it's not something to put the entire weight of the device on.
    They don't need to put their entire marketing behind it, they just need to put it on something other than the Spec Sheet. With every HP laptop that has Beats Audio, HP makes sure to let you know: This computer has Beats Audio! Weather it's throwing the logo on the laptop, putting it in the laptop name (i.e. HP Envy Beats Edition), or both. They don't leave you guessing about weather it's there or not. Beats Audio will not attract everyone, but for those who are really into music, this is a selling point.

I was in Best Buy last weekend, and was at the TouchPad display. I saw an HP rep talking to someone about the TouchPad, and when the rep realized the person was into music, he mentioned it has Beats Audio. The guys face lit up. If the rep didn't mention it, they guy wouldn't have even known. In the end, I don't know if the guy bought a TouchPad; but I know he became a lot more interested when he found out about Beats Audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    i dont want headphones, I'm happy with the beats speakers. So I wouldnt really call it a HUGE mistake.
    I like my two sets of Bose headsets (one noise cancelling, one earbuds). I don't want beats headset. I think my headset needs are covered.
    I like them. Having never owned a laptop, I dont have much to compare to. I did bring my TouchPad over to a BBQ this weekend, we were on the deck and of course everyone wanted to see Angry Birds on the big screen...and a little Glow Hockey too .

Had the music app open and running and it was something they all mentioned on their own, without me mentioning Beats or stereo speakers, how good it sounded.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    They don't need to put their entire marketing behind it, they just need to put it on something other than the Spec Sheet. With every HP laptop that has Beats Audio, HP makes sure to let you know: This computer has Beats Audio! Weather it's throwing the logo on the laptop, putting it in the laptop name (i.e. HP Envy Beats Edition), or both. They don't leave you guessing about weather it's there or not. Beats Audio will not attract everyone, but for those who are really into music, this is a selling point.

I was in Best Buy last weekend, and was at the TouchPad display. I saw an HP rep talking to someone about the TouchPad, and when the rep realized the person was into music, he mentioned it has Beats Audio. The guys face lit up. If the rep didn't mention it, they guy wouldn't have even known. In the end, I don't know if the guy bought a TouchPad; but I know he became a lot more interested when he found out about Beats Audio.
    I totally agree with you, Hp needs to give people a reason to purchase or consider purchasing a TP. Now just imagine if the sales rep said it came with a pair of limited edition beats headsets. The thing is if I saw a friend who purchased a TP and it came with beats headset for the same price as a Ipad2 I would be impressed and word would spread fast. Folks want to be seen wearing hot headsets, to say you have beats audio speakers is not isn't a draw for people who are going to use a nice pair of headsets any way.
    Okay, I will say it again.

Beats + Touchpad for $499 = death. It's not good marketing. It removes the perception of value of both the Touchpad and Beats headphones. I don't see the iPad being sold with Shure headphones. No, they come with Apple earbuds for a reason. If Apple included $99 headphones, the iPad would cost at least $80 more.

That's marketing.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/19/2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: complaint about moderation
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

the entry level $99 headphone would cost hp more than the few extra cents that they pay for the Wolfson Micro WM8958 audio hub and put the 'beats audio' name on it.

It's called marketing folks, hp has a good realtionship with beats already, why not use what they do best? remember Ipods were all about the white earphones, it became there sub logo for ad works. So why couldn't they (hp) do that with beats, and I'm not talking about the dj booth beats headset that go for $499, the entry level one $99 would do fine.
    Instead of having beats audio speakers in the touchpad they should've bundle them up with a set of beat headphone. If they would've done this instead and sold the touchpad at the current price range (499 and 599) these things would be flying of the racks. Or have a limited edition Diddy beat Touchpad, Lady GaGa beats Touchpad. Someone tell Hp to give me a call, cause I can sell this and Ice to an eskimo.
    i don't think it's a mistake to have beats speakers but personally i'd rarely use the internal speaker to listen to music so it's not something i care about. i'd always have a headset so i get you're point. The real problem is that some of those headphones cost as much as a touchpad or double a touchpad.

So what would HP would have to buy a bunch of headphones for $200-$500 (i'm sure they could get a deal so maybe cheaper) just to bundle. That's an expensive proposition. It definitely would have been a massive selling point but don't think it is financially viable. What they really need is a beats by dre phone and a beats by dre tablet. No HP. Because the Beats is a popular brand now. Much more so and with much more cool then HP.

like make an all black slab, keyboardless phone, w/o an hp logo but with a red beats logo, and include a beats branded set of headphones. That's could sell. Let Dre do the commercials too.
    Last edited by SnotBoogie; 07/19/2011 at 09:56 PM.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    I totally agree with you, Hp needs to give people a reason to purchase or consider purchasing a TP. Now just imagine if the sales rep said it came with a pair of limited edition beats headsets. The thing is if I saw a friend who purchased a TP and it came with beats headset for the same price as a Ipad2 I would be impressed and word would spread fast. Folks want to be seen wearing hot headsets, to say you have beats audio speakers is not isn't a draw for people who are going to use a nice pair of headsets any way.
    I'm not sure how pricing & everything would work out by bundling Beats headphones with a TouchPad, but I think if they were able to do it, it would create a lot of buzz. Especially since most people know how expensive Beats headphones are, so to get them with a tablet would be huge.

I'm in NYC, and I see Beats headphones everywhere I go; especially when I'm taking the subway. It's almost as common as seeing someone with an iPhone now, they are very popular. Who knows, maybe they'll pull off a Back-to-School, or Holiday bundle/deal with Beats headphones. That would be awesome.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast