Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    first and foremost, there are no Beats Speakers in the touchpad. It utilizes beats technology, which doesnt require $300 headphones to realize the benefits.
    sledge007 and fxspec06 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    No research before buying? Not even trying a demo? Using free tether when you're not supposed to? Using the return policy for what it was designed for? NO COMPLAINTS?!

Just who do you think you are?!?
    I did my online research as best I could with the tools I was given. I will say that what pushed me over from a maybe to a definitely was actual owners and what they thought of it. I don't think I fully read a complete review by any news/blog site. Pretty much heard most of the complaints right here. There was enough people screaming how much they loved it for me to take notice.

Meh...I like it, that's what matters. I've encountered very few issues. I've had to reset maybe a handful of times(wifi connectivity problems) and to be honest, I think I found a different solution that involves simply shutting off the wifi on the TouchPad, starting up freeTether, and then turning it back on.(problem stemmed when I would walk out of wifi range, phone in pocket...TouchPad in truck cab).

I'm wandering off topic so I think I'll just stop there.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamm2382 View Post
    The million of people who purchase Iproducts including myself. I also choose who i give my money to, I have to Mac's at home and I love them because of the quality that I get with them so the 2700 I spent was well worth every penny. I also bought the pre plus and love the Os that I'm considering purchasing a TP. But who wants to through $500 at a unrefined product that's going heads up with a monster in apple. WebOs needs folks to buy this so developers can take notice and start making quality apps for the app store. Mostly everyone on here is already sold on WebOs, but us alone can't continue to support webos. There has to be a buzz about the tp that makes people stop and play then buy the tp.
    To answer your question, I wanted to. I threw $720 at a 32gb Touchpad (600 w/o rebate, yet), case (40), and Touchstone charger (80). Best money I've spent so far on tech products. Would have wasted it on an iPad. Please no more iPad comparisons. I don't understand why other iUsers (yes I'm an iUser, too) seem to think that Touchpad owners did not try out other products, especially the ones from Apple before we purchased our Touchpads. The iPad has been out for over a year. We wouldn't be techies if we hadn't tried it. Heck, most of us own Apple products and think the Touchpad is the tablet Apple should have produced. The iPad had it's chance with me and it lost. I still love my iPod Touch if it makes you feel better.
    sorli and fxspec06 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukeda View Post
    what about good bluetooth headsets? Would they use the beats tech too or ist this limited to hard wiring, if you use headsets. Sorry if this a stupid question, but im not so familiar with this topic
    Beats audio refers to the whole process of optimising the signal path to maximise audio performance. Once you transmit and receive via Bluetooth, you are no longer dealing with Beats audio.

BTW: I would be surprised if the speakers were even considered as part of the 'Beats' circuitry. Nothing that size could ever be considered HiFi.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    i don't think it's a mistake to have beats speakers but personally i'd rarely use the internal speaker to listen to music so it's not something i care about. i'd always have a headset so i get you're point. The real problem is that some of those headphones cost as much as a touchpad or double a touchpad.

So what would HP would have to buy a bunch of headphones for $200-$500 (i'm sure they could get a deal so maybe cheaper) just to bundle. That's an expensive proposition. It definitely would have been a massive selling point but don't think it is financially viable. What they really need is a beats by dre phone and a beats by dre tablet. No HP. Because the Beats is a popular brand now. Much more so and with much more cool then HP.

like make an all black slab, keyboardless phone, w/o an hp logo but with a red beats logo, and include a beats branded set of headphones. That's could sell. Let Dre do the commercials too.

That's what I'm talking about, if your going to use beats audio then go all the way with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    They don't have trucks big enough to carry all the cash they are making?

they look **** ugly. most people aren't audiophiles. They'd rather have a good looking headset that sounds good enough then an ugly one that sounds a bit better. The look matters. And honestly Bose, Denon, Sennheiser makes a bunch of overpriced headphones too.

You can get the same features in a hyundai but people pay more for a Mercedes because it's a Mercedes. It's just the way it is. I don't see why people fight human nature.
    Some of what you say is true. My husband is into sound and previously sold sound systems. I let him choose headsets and although others may sound as good, you have to search for them and try them. Other headphone manufacturers reputations aren't built on them and the sound quality could change. There's a Bose store and you can try the demo headsets with your device to see if you like the sound.

I've never owned a Mercedes, but I have owned a hyndai and a Porsche. They don't handle the same and my husband would never say the two cars are the same. However, for my needs I was happier with a Hyndai Santafe.
    But I recently got a VW CC and the feel of the ride, the quietness of the engine, I can't explain it. I prefer the VW to the Hyndai. They may have similar amenities, but they're not the same. BTW the VW Targus also had a smoother ride than the Hyndai.

Not all products that serve the same function are the same, regardless of the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Some of what you say is true. My husband is into sound and previously sold sound systems. I let him choose headsets and although others may sound as good, you have to search for them and try them. Other headphone manufacturers reputations aren't built on them and the sound quality could change. There's a Bose store and you can try the demo headsets with your device to see if you like the sound.

I've never owned a Mercedes, but I have owned a hyndai and a Porsche. They don't handle the same and my husband would never say the two cars are the same. However, for my needs I was happier with a Hyndai Santafe.
    But I recently got a VW CC and the feel of the ride, the quietness of the engine, I can't explain it. I prefer the VW to the Hyndai. They may have similar amenities, but they're not the same. BTW the VW Targus also had a smoother ride than the Hyndai.

Not all products that serve the same function are the same, regardless of the price.
    I think some techies have a highlander "there can only be one" attitude about products which just isn't practical. I own a Chevy and Mazda now, but I owned Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, VW, and Hyundai in the past. I have a $40 set of bluetooth headphones for my Touchpad but I also use my iPod headphones sometimes. I'm debating whether the difference in sound quality is enough to warrant the high cost of Bose or Beats headsets. I'll admit that I love deep rich sound (I still have a set of Bose 301) but not enough to pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Beats audio refers to the whole process of optimising the signal path to maximise audio performance. Once you transmit and receive via Bluetooth, you are no longer dealing with Beats audio.

BTW: I would be surprised if the speakers were even considered as part of the 'Beats' circuitry. Nothing that size could ever be considered HiFi.
    Is that why bluetooth headsets sound louder with the TP? I've noticed that when I plug in a set of headphones the sound is good, but softer. When I connect my bluetooth headset the sound is very loud. I have to turn it down to half.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    Please do a little research prior to posting stuff like this.

The speakers in the TouchPad are not “Beats brand” speakers. This much HP will say. It isn’t that the TouchPad has special speakers in it. It is more of how the sound gets to the speakers. Most likely the audio processing is done in a separate environment so that the speakers get a cleaner sound.

According to HP, most of the advantages of the Beats audio will come when you hook in headphones. It is probably also a pretty good guess that the wires leading up to the headphone jack have also been updated to be similar to those in HP laptops.

So I don't have to post the rest, please go here:

HP TouchPad: Beats Audio... What is it and why do I want it in my tablet? [Video] | Featured, News, TouchPad, Video |webOSroundup

I get what you are saying beats audio technology is inside and that's great for people who are already in love with webos, but what going to attract the average consumer who is bombarded with iphone/ipad/android marketing all day long? Russel Brand, Manny Pacauiao, some chick from iCarly???? Hp needs to create a buzz for there product to separate them from the rest of the pack at $500 where is the bang for your buck. Let be real hear the Tp isn't ready for prime time, that like Chrysler putting the New 300c with beats audio on par with high end Cadillac CTS and BMW 5 series at a competing price of $30k which would you buy! I'm rooting for HP and webos, but with poor to mix reviews out the gate the average consumer (especially in this economy) isn't going to throughout $500-$600 on a product that not ready, maybe in the coming months but not now. I ran into a woman the other day and noticed she had a palm pixie, I was excited to see someone else supporting webos, so I said to her thats a cool phone what is it? She said it was a palm pos, and how she can't wait to upgrade to a android or iphone. For everyone who loves webos, there are just as many people who hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I think some techies have a highlander "there can only be one" attitude about products which just isn't practical. I own a Chevy and Mazda now, but I owned Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, VW, and Hyundai in the past. I have a $40 set of bluetooth headphones for my Touchpad but I also use my iPod headphones sometimes. I'm debating whether the difference in sound quality is enough to warrant the high cost of Bose or Beats headsets. I'll admit that I love deep rich sound (I still have a set of Bose 301) but not enough to pay for it.
    For my husband, who really picks up the difference in sound, it matters. When I'm at the gym, I use my bluetooth headset and I'm happy. When it came to cars, I was quite happy with my Hyundai, but my daughter needed a car and decided she liked mine. I would have simply picked up another Hyundai, but my husband had me test drive the VW. The comfort and the feel was phenomenally better. I would have never considered trying another car, but every time I'm in it (daily) I appreciate the difference.

The Bose headsets are new, because I wake up easy from sounds and we were trying to find something that I could use to sleep when traveling and when just lying in bed. The noise cancellation works when I'm on a plane or train to visit my kids (34 and 27, but they're still my kids). The earbuds don't work for sleep (I can't handle stuff in my ears for that long), but they work when I'm just running around. I don't like to return stuff if the product works. It's not Bose fault that I just can't handle stuff in my ears when I'm sleeping. My husband sleeps in his just fine.
    I get what you are saying beats audio technology is inside and that's great for people who are already in love with webos, but what going to attract the average consumer who is bombarded with iphone/ipad/android marketing all day long? Russel Brand, Manny Pacauiao, some chick from iCarly???? Hp needs to create a buzz for there product to separate them from the rest of the pack at $500 where is the bang for your buck. Let be real hear the Tp isn't ready for prime time, that like Chrysler putting the New 300c with beats audio on par with high end Cadillac CTS and BMW 5 series at a competing price of $30k which would you buy! I'm rooting for HP and webos, but with poor to mix reviews out the gate the average consumer (especially in this economy) isn't going to throughout $500-$600 on a product that not ready, maybe in the coming months but not now. I ran into a woman the other day and noticed she had a palm pixie, I was excited to see someone else supporting webos, so I said to her thats a cool phone what is it? She said it was a palm pos, and how she can't wait to upgrade to a android or iphone. For everyone who loves webos, there are just as many people who hate.

You started this thread with the premise that Beats was the problem and you could sell sooooo many more units if the Beats were removed and add headphones instead.

NOW you complain about the bad product and how it isn't GOOD ENOUGH for Beats.

1) Which is your position?

2) How many BILLIONS of dollars in revenue are you responsible for? HP has done surprisingly well in your absence.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    first and foremost, there are no Beats Speakers in the touchpad. It utilizes beats technology, which doesnt require $300 headphones to realize the benefits.
    Bought Sennheiser HD-280 PRO Headphones for $60 refurbished (retail price $95) from an authorized dealer on Amazon.
    They sound great. I had tried the Shure ($100 pair), Sennheiser and Beats Audio and the Sennheiser and Shure sounded better than Beats. Sennheiser felt lighter than Shure when I tried it on so I bought it.
    Also Beats had such a thin cord that it would not last long with my wire-chomping pets.
    Ironically, the weight of the Sennheiser is hefty but the noise canceling is superb, it will let me hear when someone is talking to me directly but it cut huge decibels of sound when I took it to a restaurant which has poor acoustics, it made that restaurant bearable.
    Because of the weight, Bluetooth might be a better choice to take on trips and because the TouchPad speakers are OK, I could always use those in a pinch.
    Still for $60, I don't begrudge the cost, especially as I could use them at home for the laptop with Spotify or with the browser ( Airport only hooks itunes directly to the stereo, thats Apple for you!).
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    The Bose headsets are new, because I wake up easy from sounds and we were trying to find something that I could use to sleep when traveling and when just lying in bed. The noise cancellation works when I'm on a plane or train to visit my kids (34 and 27, but they're still my kids). The earbuds don't work for sleep (I can't handle stuff in my ears for that long), but they work when I'm just running around. I don't like to return stuff if the product works. It's not Bose fault that I just can't handle stuff in my ears when I'm sleeping. My husband sleeps in his just fine.
    I hate stuff in my ears also, but most over the ear headphones are too bulky for me. Are the Bose over the ears very bulky? Do they sound great with the Touchpad? I need something with noise cancellation for long flights but I've noticed that sound is low through wired headsets on the Touchpad.
    I dunno... I don't think it would fly off the shelves... it may attract more kids that find value in the beats line but wouldn't cause kids to run at it either.

For me, I hear beats is cool but its not a big selling factor for me... so if you bundle it I'd probably say that I rather have it a hundred less and they can keep their headsets... I'll just use my old iphone/ipod headsets and be happy.

For others, they may say they rather have $100 off and choose what kind of headphones to use cause I don't like beats or I don't like in ear or outties depending on what they would package... or they already have beats headphones or bose and dont need them.

For hp, its a win to spend the extra few cents to slap on the beats name.

In the end... I think if they just made it $100 off, that would make the units fly. not headsets.
    Wrong, ... I never said it wasn't good enough for beats go back a read my thread.

Let be real hear the Tp isn't ready for prime time, that like Chrysler putting the New 300c with beats audio on par with high end Cadillac CTS and BMW 5 series at a competing price of $30k which would you buy!
    Yes. You did

So you must be responsible for the many billions of dollars Hp bring in!

No. I am not the one that STARTED a thread claiming 'HP made a HUGE mistake' and that I could sell "ice to Eskimos". That, would be YOU in the OP.

Someone tell Hp to give me a call, cause I can sell this and Ice to an eskimo.
    fxspec06 likes this.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I dunno... I don't think it would fly off the shelves... it may attract more kids that find value in the beats line but wouldn't cause kids to run at it either.

For me, I hear beats is cool but its not a big selling factor for me... so if you bundle it I'd probably say that I rather have it a hundred less and they can keep their headsets... I'll just use my old iphone/ipod headsets and be happy.

For others, they may say they rather have $100 off and choose what kind of headphones to use cause I don't like beats or I don't like in ear or outties depending on what they would package... or they already have beats headphones or bose and dont need them.

For hp, its a win to spend the extra few cents to slap on the beats name.

In the end... I think if they just made it $100 off, that would make the units fly. not headsets.
    So a lot of people on this thread aren't in favor for beats audio headset or beats period? So why would HP say that the TP has beats technology( or speakers or headset) and think that wouldn't sell? My point is if the TP had any other high end brand audiophile technology or headset bundled with it you all are saying it would be appealing?
    HP says it has beats technology because it probably only costs them a few more cents to get the name on the box. it may still sound better then the rest but it's a gimmick and something they can add to make it more appealing... to make up for not spending the few more cents for the rear camera or something.

yeah a cool set of headphones would be interesting... but not if they are gonna charge you more for the tablet.

just my opinion.

So a lot of people on this thread aren't in favor for beats audio headset or beats period? So why would HP say that the TP has beats technology( or speakers or headset) and think that wouldn't sell? My point is if the TP had any other high end brand audiophile technology or headset bundled with it you all are saying it would be appealing?
    fxspec06 likes this.
    HP doesn't have to do anything for you, me, or anyone else here. They could not market it at all, and drive it into the ground if they wanted to. They're HP. They don't have obligations to anyone.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

LordSecksie likes this.
    How does beats work when you still have the crappy digital copy of the piece of music?
    sledge007 and fxspec06 like this.
    Instead of having beats audio speakers in the touchpad they should've bundle them up with a set of beat headphone. If they would've done this instead and sold the touchpad at the current price range (499 and 599) these things would be flying of the racks. Or have a limited edition Diddy beat Touchpad, Lady GaGa beats Touchpad. Someone tell Hp to give me a call, cause I can sell this and Ice to an eskimo.
    huge mistake? hardly.

would a bundle be a great advertisement? sure.

But, I can talk a zebra outta his stripes and then sell 'em back to him.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast