Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62
Like Tree36Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamm2382 View Post
    I totally agree with you, Hp needs to give people a reason to purchase or consider purchasing a TP. Now just imagine if the sales rep said it came with a pair of limited edition beats headsets. The thing is if I saw a friend who purchased a TP and it came with beats headset for the same price as a Ipad2 I would be impressed and word would spread fast. Folks want to be seen wearing hot headsets, to say you have beats audio speakers is not isn't a draw for people who are going to use a nice pair of headsets any way.
    Go try one... How's that for a reason? Also depends on what you want to do with it, but for me: portability, tunes, vids, internet through free tether on a phone that doesnt record data properly (thanks Bell, that's the only thing I like you for )

    I'm sold, but consumption is my main use, I dont need it for work or anything else for that matter. I didnt even try it before bought it.... they didnt even have demos out when I got it...but I figured I'd just buy it, and if I didnt like it, I could return it in 14 days. That ain't happening'
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    fxspec06 likes this.
  2. #22  
    oh yea... boi! forget russell brands...

  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I make valid points and my post is removed?

    Okay, I will say it again.

    Beats + Touchpad for $499 = death. It's not good marketing. It removes the perception of value of both the Touchpad and Beats headphones. I don't see the iPad being sold with Shure headphones. No, they come with Apple earbuds for a reason. If Apple included $99 headphones, the iPad would cost at least $80 more.

    That's marketing.
    And if apple did that, people would still buy it even if it was $80 more. Apple product are the king of status and luxury. So how can Hp TP compete with the Ipad on that? Either sell it for a $100 cheaper or throw in a enticing goodie, all I'm saying is that hp made the decision to add beats audio to the tp in hopes it will give it some street cred. but they should've given headset or a certificate for $50 off a pair of beats headset either way you got me intrigued as a consumer.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    oh yea... boi! forget russell brands...

    That's BOOOOOY! with 5 O's learn how to spell
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Go try one... How's that for a reason? Also depends on what you want to do with it, but for me: portability, tunes, vids, internet through free tether on a phone that doesnt record data properly (thanks Bell, that's the only thing I like you for )

    I'm sold, but consumption is my main use, I dont need it for work or anything else for that matter. I didnt even try it before bought it.... they didnt even have demos out when I got it...but I figured I'd just buy it, and if I didnt like it, I could return it in 14 days. That ain't happening'
    No research before buying? Not even trying a demo? Using free tether when you're not supposed to? Using the return policy for what it was designed for? NO COMPLAINTS?!

    Just who do you think you are?!?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

    sledge007 and k4ever like this.
  6. #26  
    Urban Dictionary: yeah boi

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamm2382 View Post
    That's BOOOOOY! with 5 O's learn how to spell
    SmartFah likes this.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamm2382 View Post
    And if apple did that, people would still buy it even if it was $80 more. Apple product are the king of status and luxury.
    Who decides that???????????????????????

    Thank goodness I can actually choose who I give my money to.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    On another note, the Beats headphones are amazing. I read a lot of comments of people knocking them, saying they are not quality. I tried them the other day with music on my Pre 2, & the difference was crazy. I noticed a lot of sounds & instruments in the background of many songs that I never noticed with my stock headphones. Also using a music app like audiophile where you can control the bass & treble improves it even more. Beats headphones are a win!
    Try some similarly priced headphones from Pioneer, Denon, even Marshall, and you will understand. They are very over priced for the sound quality they provide. They're very muddy, a good set of cans at that price point should have a lot more detail. If you ever get a chance, also try some really expensive cans. You'll be shocked.

    If you are comparing the Beats to cheap ear buds, of course they sound better. They are also an order of magnitude more expensive. They don't stack up to other headohines in their price bracket.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
  9.    #29  
    hp wouldn't pay the same price for beats heads they sell in the store. I'm sure the whole sale cost for the headsets are pennys compare to all the mother boards, hard drives and lcd displays they buy in bulk.
  10. #30  
    Apple products suck, are overpriced, and I wouldn't be caught dead with one, just because I want to look luxurious. I don't need to follow a trend to get a device that works for me(especially when the one that works for me is usually cheaper). The problem with Apple is that they modify your perception that they're the best, which they're really not, but because a lot of ignorant people who don't research what they're getting, they just believe Apple and buy it, which is why they have a large consumer base.

    I think that the current price point is accurate, because the specs for the Touchpad are BETTER than the iPad 2, it's the software that's messing up the Touchpad. Sure I'd love some Beats headphones, but I don't think it would JUSTIFY buying the Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    fxspec06 likes this.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Who decides that???????????????????????

    Thank goodness I can actually choose who I give my money to.
    The million of people who purchase Iproducts including myself. I also choose who i give my money to, I have to Mac's at home and I love them because of the quality that I get with them so the 2700 I spent was well worth every penny. I also bought the pre plus and love the Os that I'm considering purchasing a TP. But who wants to through $500 at a unrefined product that's going heads up with a monster in apple. WebOs needs folks to buy this so developers can take notice and start making quality apps for the app store. Mostly everyone on here is already sold on WebOs, but us alone can't continue to support webos. There has to be a buzz about the tp that makes people stop and play then buy the tp.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    joke
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamm2382 View Post
    The million of people who purchase Iproducts including myself. I also choose who i give my money to, I have to Mac's at home and I love them because of the quality that I get with them so the 2700 I spent was well worth every penny. I also bought the pre plus and love the Os that I'm considering purchasing a TP. But who wants to through $500 at a unrefined product that's going heads up with a monster in apple. WebOs needs folks to buy this so developers can take notice and start making quality apps for the app store. Mostly everyone on here is already sold on WebOs, but us alone can't continue to support webos. There has to be a buzz about the tp that makes people stop and play then buy the tp.
    Agreed. WebOs won't survive with just us. HP is running adds and is getting the product out to stores. I saw it in Costco today, but I had already purchased it on 7/1/11. Still, it all looks promising.
  14. #34  
    "Beats speakers." Really?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    Try some similarly priced headphones from Pioneer, Denon, even Marshall, and you will understand. They are very over priced for the sound quality they provide. They're very muddy, a good set of cans at that price point should have a lot more detail. If you ever get a chance, also try some really expensive cans. You'll be shocked.

    If you are comparing the Beats to cheap ear buds, of course they sound better. They are also an order of magnitude more expensive. They don't stack up to other headohines in their price bracket.
    Maybe they don't stack up well against others, but the way people have talked about them, it's as if they were completely trash. I'll admit, when I listened to it on my Pre 2 with the stock music player, & music player remix, certain songs had too much bass & it wasn't as clear.

    It was when I used the headphones with the Audiophile music app that I was blown away. Being able to tweak the bass & treble cleared up some of the "muddy" sound you mentioned, and the sound was great.

    From my experience, I like them. When I do get a new pair of headphones, it will probably be either Beats, or Bose.
  16. #36  
    I rather have speakers where I'm not forced to use headphones. The Touchpad speakers are great for me.
    sledge007 likes this.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    The problem with Apple is
    They don't have trucks big enough to carry all the cash they are making?

    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    Try some similarly priced headphones from Pioneer, Denon, even Marshall, and you will understand.
    they look **** ugly. most people aren't audiophiles. They'd rather have a good looking headset that sounds good enough then an ugly one that sounds a bit better. The look matters. And honestly Bose, Denon, Sennheiser makes a bunch of overpriced headphones too.

    You can get the same features in a hyundai but people pay more for a Mercedes because it's a Mercedes. It's just the way it is. I don't see why people fight human nature.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamm2382 View Post
    The million of people who purchase Iproducts including myself. I also choose who i give my money to, I have to Mac's at home and I love them because of the quality that I get with them so the 2700 I spent was well worth every penny.
    Good Lord, for that much money last year you could get an HP Elitebook 8740w with 17" IPS Dreamcolor 2 screen and AMD Firepro M8800, a business class workstation, instead of an Apple laptop. Wish I could blow that much money on my toys.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamm2382 View Post
    Instead of having beats audio speakers in the touchpad they should've bundle them up with a set of beat headphone. If they would've done this instead and sold the touchpad at the current price range (499 and 599) these things would be flying of the racks. Or have a limited edition Diddy beat Touchpad, Lady GaGa beats Touchpad. Someone tell Hp to give me a call, cause I can sell this and Ice to an eskimo.
    Please do a little research prior to posting stuff like this.

    The speakers in the TouchPad are not “Beats brand” speakers. This much HP will say. It isn’t that the TouchPad has special speakers in it. It is more of how the sound gets to the speakers. Most likely the audio processing is done in a separate environment so that the speakers get a cleaner sound.

    According to HP, most of the advantages of the Beats audio will come when you hook in headphones. It is probably also a pretty good guess that the wires leading up to the headphone jack have also been updated to be similar to those in HP laptops.

    So I don't have to post the rest, please go here:

    HP TouchPad: Beats Audio... What is it and why do I want it in my tablet? [Video] | Featured, News, TouchPad, Video |webOSroundup
    sledge007 likes this.
  20. #40  
    what about good bluetooth headsets? Would they use the beats tech too or ist this limited to hard wiring, if you use headsets. Sorry if this a stupid question, but im not so familiar with this topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions