Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
Like Tree5Likes
  1. osu9400's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
       #1  
    Can anyone else push the back of their touchpad in too far? It makes a sticking noise like it's trying to grab some glue but just pops back out.

    I am holding the deivce with the screen facing me, and pushing on the HP logo with my fingers.
  2. #2  
    "Doctor, it hurts when I go like this"

    "So, don´t go like that."

    Sorry, couldn´t resist.
    jblather, NealJ777 and Tikerz like this.
  3. #3  
    Keep on doing it and see if it causes the cracks near the speaker that people have been finding recently. Try to keep count too
  4. osu9400's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
       #4  
    just wondering of anyone has the same behavior. Trying to determine if mine is flawed.
  5. #5  
    there is a bit of flex because it's not a solid block of plastic.
  6. osu9400's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
       #6  
    I am replacing my unit. I was able to use another one and it did not exhibit the same behavior is mine.
  7. #7  
    I just tried to flex the back in on mine.. I can't get much of any movement without a LOT of effort... definitely more than I would consider 'standard use'

    I did LOL at the "so don't do that" comment, because that was the first thing I thought when I read the preview for the thread.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by satterwc View Post
    I just tried to flex the back in on mine.. I can't get much of any movement without a LOT of effort... definitely more than I would consider 'standard use'

    I did LOL at the "so don't do that" comment, because that was the first thing I thought when I read the preview for the thread.
    wasn't that the steve jobs answer ?
    osu9400 likes this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wencyjr View Post
    wasn't that the steve jobs answer ?
    I'm sure he's said something to that effect. But his best, and probably most realistic view of marketing, is:

    “You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.”
  10. phillipah's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #10  
    I have done it to mine several times. It mostly happen before I get a case for it. Once I was helping someone move something for a sec and I put it between my knees and the glass looked stuck to the LCD and I was freaking out that it screwed it up but it popped back out.
  11. #11  
    If you crack the back, just dont go blaming HP now. lol
  12. osu9400's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
       #12  
    Even if people onthis forum don't want to admit it, there is a build quality issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by phillipah View Post
    I have done it to mine several times. It mostly happen before I get a case for it. Once I was helping someone move something for a sec and I put it between my knees and the glass looked stuck to the LCD and I was freaking out that it screwed it up but it popped back out.
    paging dr b likes this.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by osu9400 View Post
    Even if people onthis forum don't want to admit it, there is a build quality issue.
    What's a normal defect rate for mass produced consumer electronics? What's the MTBF on consumer electronics like these? I don't know these answers, but it would add more substance to this thread if I did.

    Most of us don't question that hardware defects exist in a product launch like this, but if it's not a widely reported issue & it does not adversely impact the function of the device, I'd spin it & say it's not a build quality issue, but rather a user defined design inconvenience. I think it's right to post this thread & these things need to be heard, but make it productive. Some questions for you & HP:

    1. Did it adversely affect the function of the device or compromise the integrity of other parts?

    2. Is it intended to perform/behave in that manner?

    3. If No to #2, what percentage of units failed to perform/behave to the intended quality standard?

    Sorry, too much 'work' on the mind. But I really don't think there are many folks who don't believe there are legitimate defects, it's just that most users in this forum have not experienced the same issue, or simply haven't been concerned with it. Would you prefer rigid, non-flexible surfaces that would crack, break, or crease? You already did the right thing & took it back, so what's the point now in taking a presumptuous shot at the precentral community?
  14. agold2009's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #14  
    The back of my TouchPad directly where the "hp" logo is located, if I push with my finger I can very easily push the plastic cover slightly inwards. When I do so, I can feel that the plastic outer is trying to stick to something inside the case but doesn't quite stick. Is this normal? Can anyone else lightly push with one finger the HP logo on the back of your touchpad and see if it pushes inwards?

    I've uploaded a video on youtube showing the problem. It's hard to to actually see the plastic going, but if you pay attention to the reflections on the black plastic you can notice the amount of play it has when I push into the logo. You can also hear the sticking noise, its trying to stick to something underneath but is unable to stick.

  15. LuD
    LuD is offline
    LuD's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    #15  
    Mine does it too, but it doesn't make that sound like it's wanting to stick to something... Doesn't bother me one bit.
  16. agold2009's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuD View Post
    Mine does it too, but it doesn't make that sound like it's wanting to stick to something... Doesn't bother me one bit.
    Hmm so you dont get that sticking noise at all? It doesn't make sense I mean I doubt its supposed to stick to whatever is inside as it would ruin the shape of the TouchPad's back if it was stuck to whatever it is
  17. #17  
    mine doesn't go inward at all, pretty solid and no noise
  18. agold2009's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthes View Post
    mine doesn't go inward at all, pretty solid and no noise
    32gb or 16gb?
  19. #19  
    Mine deflects inwards. It's unpleasant, so I try not to do it. The case is flexible, but it seems to add a little bit of strength so that this is less noticeable.
  20. agold2009's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Mine deflects inwards. It's unpleasant, so I try not to do it. The case is flexible, but it seems to add a little bit of strength so that this is less noticeable.
    Odd.. I wonder why some do this and others dont
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions