Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by osu9400 View Post
    just wondering of anyone has the same behavior. Trying to determine if mine is flawed.
    Nah didnt have that problem... but i did have blowen speakers out of the box..BTW This is my first post... Just call me Noize guys Thanks for havin me
    Mine also has this issue right out of the box. I thought it was normal until I played with my friend's new touchpad and it was quite solid. Did anyone that had this issue exchange theirs for a new one?
    This design "feature" has come up in another thread, the case is curved the battery is flat and is stuck to the back. Mine does it, I would suspect that most units will.

If it bothers you buy a HP case, they fit great and its does a good job of masking the noise and as a bonus you don't a mass of smeary finger prints.

Enjoy your Touchpad, if they were "design perfect" they would have commanded the same price as an IPAD and not ended up in a firesale.

Personally I think for around $100 even if you have the odd dead pixel, clicky back etc, etc its still a great deal. Changing it for a refurb is no guarantee you will get something that does not have another "minor gripe".
    mines does not do that
    Mine does the same, (16GB) and also didn't do it for the first couple of days, or I possibly didn't notice it.

I don't need to press it too hard, and not in the centre. If I hold it with one hand, with my fingers supporting it, that's enough to click it.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...over-fail.html

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...eally-far.html
    <<threads merged>>
    Just got a 32GB and noticed it doesn't have the sticky sound problem. I also noticed Dr Battery reports this as having a 6xxx mah battery.

My 16GB, which has this problem, has a 5xxx mah battery.

I wonder if it's because they used a physically smaller battery and neglected to put more padding to make up for the extra space.

Anyone notice the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    This design "feature" has come up in another thread, the case is curved the battery is flat and is stuck to the back. Mine does it, I would suspect that most units will.

If it bothers you buy a HP case, they fit great and its does a good job of masking the noise and as a bonus you don't a mass of smeary finger prints.

Enjoy your Touchpad, if they were "design perfect" they would have commanded the same price as an IPAD and not ended up in a firesale.

Personally I think for around $100 even if you have the odd dead pixel, clicky back etc, etc its still a great deal. Changing it for a refurb is no guarantee you will get something that does not have another "minor gripe".
    Yeah I agree. For $100 it is a bargain. I was also concerned I would get some other random issue if I exchanged it as well. I guess I will have to learn to live with it or maybe one day someone will figure out a solution where we can put either extra padding or extra adhesive between the battery + case so it won't do it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorebel View Post
    I feel like I have to be on the defensive here if your comment refers to me. Nowhere in my posts am I specifically questioning build quality. I have two TPs. One exhibits a behavior that the other doesn't. If you had two brand new cars, the same models, one of them had a car door that flexed and the other had none, wouldn't you at least be questioning things?
    No not you, you had a valid question, someone else was making it an overall build quality issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    I missed the boat on all the $50 veers so I'm watching ebay for the price to fall to about $60. I'll buy one and cancel my insurance
    well once my wifes Pre2 shows up, I will have a backup for my Veer or her Pre2...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11. twe
    Mine flexes and makes that sticky noise near the home button, which is a bit annoying. No cracks yet but keeping an eye out.... in the UK, 32gb version....
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123