Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By keebler75
  1.    #1  
    I have not been able to get either my TouchPad or Pre2 devices to be recognized via USB to a Win7 Pro PC's. No issue with a laptop running Vista. All I get is a device icon but no way to use (drag files to it as an external data storage). USB ports are 2.0 and backwards compatiable.

Any suggestions?
    What happens when you put it in USB drive mode?
    Can't say I've ever had a problem I have Win 7 Pro installed, 64 bit and it has recognised a Pre -, Pre 2 and a TouchPad.
    Are you tapping the USB button on your HP TouchPad after you connect the USB cable to the PC?
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Works for me and it shows up as drive in Explorer. Unfortunately, it puts the touchpad in usb mode and I cannot use it while it is plugged in.
    I have Win7 Ultimate 64-bit and it recognizes my Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I have Win7 Ultimate 64-bit and it recognizes my Touchpad.
    Same here
  8.    #8  
    I get a new device icon that has no functionality. .and while I get the icon as a new device, I cannot eject so I get the.. Ouch that hurts form by TP. Even when I first shut down the laptop. lol

To be clear, Win7 identifies a WebOS device with the category of Devices with Storage.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/19/2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Combined 3 consecutive posts
    hparsons likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by osu9400 View Post
    Works for me and it shows up as drive in Explorer. Unfortunately, it puts the touchpad in usb mode and I cannot use it while it is plugged in.
    thE webOS does that by design.
    I see pandas.
    have you tried using different cables. There may be a problem with the usb cable, some of us had problems charging our TPs and it looks like its bad cables.
    Also, have you tried all of the USB ports on your computer(s). Sometimes they are finicky.
    You didn't say what happens when you click the icon. First, make sure you're using a USB port on the computer, not a hub. Connect the TouchPad and select the option on the TouchPad to switch to USB mode. The screen will show as USB mode, and you should be able to open it on the PC as if it were a drive.