webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > How to get my TouchPad out of Recovery Mode?
How to get my TouchPad out of Recovery Mode?

Old 07/19/2011, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ok, so I was troubleshooting a few items, and booted my TouchPad into recovery mode. I do not want to doctor (I already have once last week). How can I get out of recovery mode? Holding the power button doesn't work, and since I can't do a battery pull it would be shame if I had to wait for the battery to drain (it's full).

Can anyone help?
steffej3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/2011, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Happened to me on day 1. There is a soft reset button combo. It's something like power + center button. hold tap ... something just mash buttons
kill_dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/2011, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

No idea if this was it, or if I was just too impatient with my other combinations.

I held center button first, and then power. Probably 15-20 seconds...it then booted normally.

For all I know, it could have been I just didn't wait long enough on the power button. Posting as an FYI if someone else ends up needing this, or wants to merge this with a more relevant thread.
Thanked by docsdad, sahil0984
Old 07/19/2011, 12:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
Happened to me on day 1. There is a soft reset button combo. It's something like power + center button. hold tap ... something just mash buttons
Sorry, just missed this. Thanks for the quick post on the solution!
Thanked by docsdad, offgood
Old 06/06/2012, 08:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

This helped me out a ton, thanks steffej3
offgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0