1.    #1  
    Is there a way to get desktop version of CNBC on HP Touchpad...i always get mobile version and i don't see a way to switch it. I want to desktop version so that i can view all the videos and have more features...same thing for marketwatch.com

Thanks
    There are a few sites that force you to the mobile version without a link to go to the full site. You can always click on the 'feedback' link on those sites and let them know of the issue. Many sites were set up before tablets changed the need for the alternative view link.
    cnbc loads up desktop version on my ipad2 but loads mobile version on my iphone 3gs. it's a news site i check daily on my tab.

i would imagine it's a browser setting within the tp that you have to set to be recognized as a i.e or desktop type browser no?
    1) look for links at the bottom of the page that "Display Full (Desktop?) Site"

2) Look to see if you have an ability to edit the browser settings (maybe an "advanced" setting) to modify the User Agent String from "Tablet" or "Mobile" to "Desktop"

Number 2 is just a guess. I know someone with an android tablet and he did that. Not sure if it applies here or not
    yes on the bottom of the mobile site there is a link to classic...

it will load up classic cnbc com instead of m cnbc com

if you dont have a setting to set how your browser is recognized by sites, i guess you could just bookmark the classic cnbc com site.

Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    1) look for links at the bottom of the page that "Display Full (Desktop?) Site"
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post

if you dont have a setting to set how your browser is recognized by sites, i guess you could just bookmark the classic cnbc com site.
    I'm looking all over that mobile site and see no 'classic' link.

But thanks for the info! If you simply type the address of classic.cnbc.com into the browser, you can bookmark the site from there.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post

Thank you so much. I am in business now. classic.cnbc.com
    works like a charm. Thanks