Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
  1.    #1  
    Dear, oh dear. Only had my TP for less than 2 weeks now and my partner has banned me from 'the gadget shop' (HP Store, Amazon etc) ... just because I bought a case and screen protector! If only she understood that I need to make sure that my TP is given the care and protection it deserves. I'm terrified that I will succumb and buy the charging dock - please help - the temptation is too much!
    UncleKeg and speedtouch like this.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozza666 View Post
    Grow a pair, you know you NEED it!
    Why on earth would I want to grow a pair - I much prefer melons!
    Now that you've gone that far, it would be an electronics sin not to simply get the main accessory (next to the case) for the device. Just get it and when you have your TouchPad on the TouchStone, put it into Exhibition with the Photo's app scrolling through a folder of her favorite pictures! Instant photo frame for her, and huge points (and a TouchStone) for you!
    Tell your partner that you are buying the charging dock for HER sake. If your TP is not easily charged, then neither can YOU be.

Also, if you are stressed out and feeling guilty about neglecting your TP...how can you give your partner the attention that she deserves.

You are buying the dock out of your love and compassion for HER!!!

You are selfless.....almost heroic for doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Now that you've gone that far, it would be an electronics sin not to simply get the main accessory (next to the case) for the device. Just get it and when you have your TouchPad on the TouchStone, put it into Exhibition with the Photo's app scrolling through a folder of her favorite pictures! Instant photo frame for her, and huge points (and a TouchStone) for you!
    Okay, I have the case and since the TouchPad has such good battery life, I haven't needed the TouchStone. I put it in Exhibiition mode when I get to work and have instant picture frame w/o the cost of the TouchStone. Also, it scrolls through all pictures instead of just a list. Do you now of a way to have it scroll through just a select few?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Okay, I have the case and since the TouchPad has such good battery life, I haven't needed the TouchStone. I put it in Exhibiition mode when I get to work and have instant picture frame w/o the cost of the TouchStone. Also, it scrolls through all pictures instead of just a list. Do you now of a way to have it scroll through just a select few?
    When in exhibition, tap the screen, and an option to select what albums it uses appears in the upper right.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    When in exhibition, tap the screen, and an option to select what albums it uses appears in the upper right.
    You're awesome. Thank you so much. I kept tapping where it shows apps, instead of just tapping the photo. This community is why I bought the TouchPad. Looks Like I'll be loading more photos. Thank you.

Now I still need an excuse for the TouchStone, but I no longer want a digital frame.
    cawhalen and Cantaffordit like this.
    It's even cooler because it pulls pics from the cloud Synergy sources like Photobucket and Snapfish too.

Dee - how could you miss selling her on the TouchStone with stuff like this?
  9.    #9  
    OK Guys - You've convinced me but ... should I appear for work tomorrow with a black eye - I will be telling you and looking for LOTS of sympathy .... here we go .... credit card at the ready .....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee McKillop View Post
    Dear, oh dear. Only had my TP for less than 2 weeks now and my partner has banned me from 'the gadget shop' (HP Store, Amazon etc) ... just because I bought a case and screen protector! If only she understood that I need to make sure that my TP is given the care and protection it deserves. I'm terrified that I will succumb and buy the charging dock - please help - the temptation is too much!
    Haha, you know you need a touchstone. I have one and I really like it. Amazon sells them new for $66 and you can get it shipped for free. And, depending on your state, you can get it with no sales tax. Think of the savings!

On a side note, what kind of business do you run with your partner? Has the TouchPad been of any help or hindrance to you all?
    OK Guys - You've convinced me but ... should I appear for work tomorrow with a black eye - I will be telling you and looking for LOTS of sympathy .... here we go .... credit card at the ready .....
    The TouchStone can also be used as a shield (Captain America style)... just remember let the 'shield' take the hits, but absorb the impact with your shoulder
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    It's ALWAYS easier to ask for forgiveness, rather than ask for permission!
    It's the beginning of the end.
    it's always good to see peer pressure, err support, alive and well in webOS-world.
    I see pandas.
    nyquistjack likes this.
  14.    #14  
    On a side note, what kind of business do you run with your partner? Has the TouchPad been of any help or hindrance to you all?[/QUOTE]

Hi Rob, my partner and I don't run a business, I work for HP here in the UK, Ev is a radiographer in the NHS. TP is great for me as I don't have to cart my laptop everywhere. I can keep up with work e mails, appointments right here from my TP. Much better than using my phone (although, sadly, I do that too).

How about you?

Best regards'
    Dee
    Hi Rob, my partner and I don't run a business, I work for HP here in the UK, Ev is a radiographer in the NHS. TP is great for me as I don't have to cart my laptop everywhere. I can keep up with work e mails, appointments right here from my TP. Much better than using my phone (although, sadly, I do that too).

How about you?

Best regards'
    Dee
    You have a partner but you don't run a business? That's the strangest things I've ever heard.

So you get the inside deals on HP stuff, I take it? I sure hope so! Before the TouchPad came out did you get sneak peeks at it? How about other upcoming webOS devices? Spill the beans, ma'am, spill the beans. Hehe.

I agree that the TP is better than the phone. Though I find I use my phone for some apps more often than the TP. Like AccuWeather, for example. It didn't transfer over to the TP and the Weatherbug app is just plain clunky and slow. But overall, the TP is great for me. I'm glad it's working out for you, too.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    You have a partner but you don't run a business? That's the strangest things I've ever heard.
    I think he was hinting at "life" partner...not that its any of our business
    It's the beginning of the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfldmike View Post
    I think he was hinting at "life" partner...not that its any of our business
    Why assume Dee is a he?
    Ahhhhhhhhhh. Got it now. I wasn't thinking in that line of thought. Case closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Slide RSS is awesome.
    Very simple solution to all of this. Get Rob hooked as well. Buy him his own TouchPad.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast