Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    Me? I have one, goofball! :P
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Just buy the Touchstone and don't mention that you did. Just start using it like you always had it.
    Very funny thread,and I agree.Sell her on as much benefits as you can.U can even make her think you both need it,but be careful.She might start using the touchpad more then you and calling it ours instead of yours.
    Dee McKillop likes this.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Why assume Dee is a he?
    youre right, but either wether or not its an "it" "he" "she" "he/she" or any combination thereof...it still wouldnt be considered polite discussing this
    It's the beginning of the end.
    lol

Polite or not. I am happy when any two people find a loving, committed relationship. I could not care less what the combination of genitalia entails.

Back on track:

I can't wait to see if Dee got the touchstone and the partner BETTER appreciate Dee's selflessness.
  6.    #26  
    Right, the truth is out there - Yes, Ev is my life partner and, no, I'm not male! There is a story here though .........
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by mfldmike View Post
    youre right, but either wether or not its an "it" "he" "she" "he/she" or any combination thereof...it still wouldnt be considered polite discussing this
    Guys ... There is no issue here - there is no big thing and, to set the record straight - I am 'she'.
    I just really enjoy using P|C for all of its great resources and helpful information. There's also some REALLY good fun - thanks to all. Perhaps I should change my profile name to 'Dee the Obscure'?
    You know something interesting? I've been working with computers professionally for a couple decades now. I have 4 daughters, and had two wives during that time (not at the same time, mind you, and still with the second wife). None of those females in my
    life was ever very interested in computers.

One of the daughters loves her iPad, the other 3 and my wife all want a TouchPad (the ex hasn't said ;-) )

What is it about tablets that seem to appeal to women more than mainstream PCs?
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Haha, you know you need a touchstone. I have one and I really like it. Amazon sells them new for $66 and you can get it shipped for free. And, depending on your state, you can get it with no sales tax. Think of the savings!
    Not anymore. They've raised their prices a little to $72.55
  10.    #30  
    What is it about tablets that seem to appeal to women more than mainstream PCs?[/QUOTE]

If you have to ask ....... perhaps not wise to follow this line of discussion here
    rlee2001 and nyallj like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee McKillop View Post
    What is it about tablets that seem to appeal to women more than mainstream PCs?
    If you have to ask ....... perhaps not wise to follow this line of discussion here[/QUOTE]

hahahahhahaa
  12.    #32  
    OK Guys, this has to STOP. Unusually, I have to name both rlee2001 and HelloNNNewman for the latest. There is a new and very scary condition to report - PII (Partner Inflicted Injury) that the aforementioned have to be accountable for. I didn't even order the Touchstone Charging Dock - I merely mentioned it in passing conversation - damage done (to me). The Captain America Shield was of no use at all - I didn't have it and the virtual version is, I have to say, completely rubbish. Once the swelling goes down, I may try a more subtle approach. Heartfelt sympathy please!
    you need to buy the keyboard
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    a lot of sympathy also from germany. I told my girlfriend it costed half the price. In fact I bought a coupon in a special offer. so it costed 3/4 of the price. But no more looking for the miniUSB port.

But with the touchstone there is really a additional benefit. The touchpad is not lying somewhere, but you have at least a Photoframe. and more. So wait a few weeks and leave it on every table or commode. Then maybe if you can convince that you need a rack --> touchstone
    With exhibition Apps you can also have not only a photo frame, but also a weather station, radio station (beats audio), Agenda forecast, clock and, and, and...
    OK Guys, this has to STOP. Unusually, I have to name both rlee2001 and HelloNNNewman for the latest. There is a new and very scary condition to report - PII (Partner Inflicted Injury) that the aforementioned have to be accountable for. I didn't even order the Touchstone Charging Dock - I merely mentioned it in passing conversation - damage done (to me). The Captain America Shield was of no use at all - I didn't have it and the virtual version is, I have to say, completely rubbish. Once the swelling goes down, I may try a more subtle approach. Heartfelt sympathy please!
    YIKES!!!

I am so sorry. However, I see a way we can spin this in our favor (I am a positive kinda guy)

Now, with one swollen eye, getting your charging cable plugged into that tiny hole is more difficult. Therefore, now you HAVE to have a touchstone charging dock. You can't see well enough to be expected to plug it in.

This is like a prescription for a medically necessary device.

Congratulations. Put some ice on that eye (but, NOT until the charge dock comes in)
  16.    #36  
    YIKES!!!

I am so sorry. However, I see a way we can spin this in our favor (I am a positive kinda guy)

Now, with one swollen eye, getting your charging cable plugged into that tiny hole is more difficult. Therefore, now you HAVE to have a touchstone charging dock. You can't see well enough to be expected to plug it in.

This is like a prescription for a medically necessary device.

Congratulations. Put some ice on that eye (but, NOT until the charge dock comes in)
    THIS WILL WORK, totally convinced, first stop, Doctor's Surgery to get a script, second stop, purse for credit card .... wait.... where is my credit card???? EV .. we need to speak, it's a medical emergency, please, NOT THE OTHER EY
    rlee2001 likes this.
    hahahaa

keep us posted. Remember, most hospitals will have wifi connections.

BTW...one last tact (idea came from the previous poster) tell her that the dock lets your TP act as a picture frame.....and you ONLY want it so you can display pics of HER.
    Dee McKillop likes this.

Aye, fight for your TP charge dock and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your bed, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell your partner that she may take your life, but she'll never take... YOUR TOUCHPAD FREEDOM!

(Glasgow reference for extra points)
  19.    #39  

Aye, fight for your TP charge dock and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your bed, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell your partner that she may take your life, but she'll never take... YOUR TOUCHPAD FREEDOM!

(Glasgow reference for extra points)
    ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT - thank you - there have been some real laugh out loud moments throughout this thread , much needed and very much appreciated!!!
    Dee, you have my heartfelt sympathy. I have the TP, the case, and the keyboard. I love it all. Now that I'm using exhibition mode daily, with pictures and music, I'll get the TouchStone. The more you use your TP, the more your partner will see that you need the TouchStone. It'll happen; Rome wasn't built in a day and your purchase of the TouchStone will not occur from one passing mention.
    Dee McKillop likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast