Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By chalx
  1.    #1  
    webOS is good for a few things. and aside form multitasking, the ability to work with a webOS phone and do SMS, skype messaging should be one of the key features that make me want to stay with webOS. Synergy is great concept.
    I hope Whatsapp comes to webOS or the textone app continue to develope and eventually intergrated.

But I must say right now the messaging app is just WAY TOO SLOW AND LAGGY.

i'll judge after the update. it needs to be superfast to satisfy me. slight lag between switching apps is not even good enough.

by the way iphone doesn't load the whole sms/chat thread. only the recent 10 or so. why dont' hp palm do the same?

Chris
  2.    #2  
    iOS's multitask may suck, but if you consider their app load times it's fast.

try this.

open photos in iOS,
    go to some where else.

reopen photos. bam, it's there. (this pause state has an advantage)

try webos.

click photos, wait 5 sec, photos is up.
    close card, open photos again. wait another 4 sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post

try this.

open photos in iOS,
    go to some where else.

try webos.

good point but not really a valid comparison. The more accurate comparison is between what you just described on iOS, vs switching between 2 cards, as what you just described IS Apple's version of "multitasking" by the pause state.
    Really a better way would be to open photos on both iDevice and Touchpad, close them completely by killing the running app in the fast switching system and throwing the card away on the TP. iOS is still probably faster, but it is a more accurate comparison.

Besides that, on webOS, if you needed to get back to photos that quickly, why close it at all? Especially with the TP since it has 1 gig of RAM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lukehale View Post
    good point but not really a valid comparison. The more accurate comparison is between what you just described on iOS, vs switching between 2 cards, as what you just described IS Apple's version of "multitasking" by the pause state.
    Really a better way would be to open photos on both iDevice and Touchpad, close them completely by killing the running app in the fast switching system and throwing the card away on the TP. iOS is still probably faster, but it is a more accurate comparison.
    I agree with you. tenically that's the correct comparaison.

I like to close the app to save battery power and make my screen look clean and neat.

what apple does when the 'pause' the app just does that.
    it defiintiely helps in launch times.

anyways. palm does this too. but randomly. try opening and closing photo app.

this won't matter once they fix the load times for apps like messaging and photos.

Chris
    Or the Clear Card devs give us an HD version.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post

try this.

open photos in iOS,
    go to some where else.

try webos.

This is an invalid comparison. See the other thread you started with this exact post to see my response.
    If load times bother you then don't close the card. Minimize the card instead. This is called mutlitasking. Closing the card != multitasking.
    Don't want to debate at all, but webOS user community must understand that webOS multitasking, superior as it is, and present on market almost for 3 years, haven't managed to impose itself to general customers as superior way of manipulating visual elements of operating system. Cards are praised, but not accepted in public's mind. People are still opening and closing and opening and closing apps. Simply as that. Improving loading times of apps wouldn't hurt webOS in any way. I know there is tons of valid reasons for some slower loading times on webOS, but I fear until webOS doesn't manage this issue, we will be hearing this argument over and over.
    phil71 and coughdrops like this.