Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By wv06
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 1 Post By bevcraw
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Do you turn your Touchpad off or just let it rest on the charger overnight so you get the notifications you missed as soon as you wake up..

Is it safe to leave it on ALL THE TIME? Is it harmful to turn it off a time or two every day?(power button might fail after a while?)

Thank you

Edit- meant to say Touchpad not kindle- it wont let me edit title- Guess i was to excited over the Kindle App update on the touchpad tonight- lol
    HP TouchPad and SPre both on touchstones all night.

Smoke alarms have yet to sound off.

EDIT: err, umm did you mean HP TouchPad or is Kindle correct. Lol.
    I see pandas.
    Never turn mine off. Only reset it when the system needs a cache dump. Never have any issues.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Never turn my Pre or Touchpad off. Do reboot from time to time though.
    <thread title updated>
    Does anyone know if the Touchstone chargers have that "smart" charging technology so they stop charging once the device is fully charged? This way it doesn't degrade the battery.
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilover View Post
    Does anyone know if the Touchstone chargers have that "smart" charging technology so they stop charging once the device is fully charged? This way it doesn't degrade the battery.
    the brains to protect the battery are built in to the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by wv06 View Post
    Do you turn your Touchpad off or just let it rest on the charger overnight so you get the notifications you missed as soon as you wake up..

Is it safe to leave it on ALL THE TIME? Is it harmful to turn it off a time or two every day?(power button might fail after a while?)

Thank you

Edit- meant to say Touchpad not kindle- it wont let me edit title- Guess i was to excited over the Kindle App update on the touchpad tonight- lol
    Wow, I was thinking about opening a thread about this too tonight! Exact same concern. "Is it safe to leave it on ALL THE TIME?" Glad to know from the posts that I'm not alone leaving my TouchPad on 24/7.
    So far plan on treating our TP like we do our WebOS (and previously PalmOS) phones.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    bevcraw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    So far plan on treating our TP like we do our WebOS (and previously PalmOS) phones.
    I agree. These devices are built to be on and available all the time. An occasional restart helps to clear out the cobwebs, though.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I leave the TouchPad and Pre- on the Touchstones all night.

Never turn them off, unless I am going to be on a long flight, and want to preserve the battery.