Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    None of my magazine subscriptions will sync with the new Kindle for TouchPad app now available in the app catalog. This is apparently intentional. The mags only sync to my Kindle. Really stinks. I was hoping to get access to all my content from the TouchPad. I certainly don't want to carry around 2 tablet sized devices.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    i dont think they make that available on the ipad version either. kinda sticks.
    what happens if you subscribe to something from the touchpad?
    on an ios device it will not let you and say that you can only get it on a kindle device.
    Some newspapers are available on the Android version.. I hope the same thing happens to the touchpad version. I think some magazines are also available.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    It has to do with what Amazon is licensed to do with their platform. This isn't an HP issue.
    weird considering ol' ruby is on amazons board...
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    My wife and I both have kindles on the same account. When she subscribed to something on hers, it did not feed mine. I believe Amazon has subscriptions set up on a per device basis, not a per account basis like the books.
    pssst. stay tuned for nextissue.com.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    When I got the Kindle app for my Xoom back in March, only my Shape magazine was allowed on it - I promptly changed the subscription to default there instead of my K3. My sub to PC Magazine wasn't allowed there - it was their restriction not Kindle's. Since then I started using Zinio on the Xoom, so cancelled the magazine on the Kindle. note: the Kindle of PC app wasn't an option for sending the magazines to either - ironic since grabbing a screenshot/printout of a recipe or exercise from Shape just makes sense for that kind of magazine!

now if the Zinio app promised on the HP.com/TouchPad apps page would just get here, I'd be that much closer to switching away from my Xoom - can't wait!!
    Quote Originally Posted by N2HPZ View Post
    My wife and I both have kindles on the same account. When she subscribed to something on hers, it did not feed mine. I believe Amazon has subscriptions set up on a per device basis, not a per account basis like the books.
    Interesting thought. I never thought about the fact that my newspaper is delivered wirelessly to my Kindle,but I've never seen them on my PC. My family on has one Kindle and my husband is more into audio books from audible.

We get both on the Kindle, I hope we end up with a audible app on the TouchPad since it appears the audio delivery for kindle doesn't come to the TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I'm getting *so* fed up of finding things that I could do with my Touchpad if only HP, Amazon, et al, weren't arguing over stuff.

I *finally* managed to get Kindle running on it. Sync'd up my books. Finished the one I'd been reading on my phone.

Now I found an interesting looking magazine, and it even has a free issue I can test-read... and it doesn't sync to teh touchpad. If I go to "manage devices" on line and go to the SendTo box, the touchpad is greyed out, I can only send it to my phone.

Even at 99 quid, this is more and more feeling like A Really Bad Deal.

(Glances at review of Sony's new android tab).
    Quote Originally Posted by ccomley View Post
    I'm getting *so* fed up of finding things that I could do with my Touchpad if only HP, Amazon, et al, weren't arguing over stuff.

I *finally* managed to get Kindle running on it. Sync'd up my books. Finished the one I'd been reading on my phone.

Now I found an interesting looking magazine, and it even has a free issue I can test-read... and it doesn't sync to teh touchpad. If I go to "manage devices" on line and go to the SendTo box, the touchpad is greyed out, I can only send it to my phone.

Even at 99 quid, this is more and more feeling like A Really Bad Deal.

(Glances at review of Sony's new android tab).
    This issue, for once, is not HP's fault. If you look through the thread at previous responses you will see it is a limitation on Amazon's end; possibly due to licensing or subscription limitations.

Remain calm and breathe =)
    I am, therefore I think