Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I am a webOS lover and Pre fan. I couldn't wait for the TP, and bought the deal that QVC had. I've spent over a week tyring to get it to work and have reached my limit. I have spent two hours on Live Chat and two hours on the phone today with India, going up three levels of support before someone finally admited that they are having issues with TP wi-fi. The wi-fi issue is too significant to waste any more of my time with this brick. I wonder how many others have had the same experience. I will wait a few months until the bugs are ironed out and try again.
    sorry to hear about your issues . I havent experienced the WiFi issues you speak about. I would be doing the same thing and returning it.

hopefully an update can get this sorted out.
    mperkinsky likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobrodan View Post
    I am a webOS lover and Pre fan. I couldn't wait for the TP, and bought the deal that QVC had. I've spent over a week tyring to get it to work and have reached my limit. I have spent two hours on Live Chat and two hours on the phone today with India, going up three levels of support before someone finally admited that they are having issues with TP wi-fi. The wi-fi issue is too significant to waste any more of my time with this brick. I wonder how many others have had the same experience. I will wait a few months until the bugs are ironed out and try again.
    Errr....what's your issue? Connecting or staying connected? Aside from Enterprise 802.11x with LEAP, I've had no issues with wifi on my TPad. Neither have the owners of the 2 I converted as well.
    Yes, please share your WiFi issues with this forum. And post it in the bugs and issues thread to help out HP in finding fixes. Is it hardware or software?

I connect at home, work (big company), and Mobile Hotspot with no issues.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    no wifi issues with mine (nor were there any with the first one that I exchanged for other issues). I can't figure out multiple people just flat returning devices for this. Every product line has issues, especially their first run.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    kjb86 likes this.
    Weird, im 4 days in and only a few minor bugs.

Maybe some units are prone to issues.

ive had mine for about a week or so and I sometimes get disconnected from my wifi for about a second or two but then reconnects to it immediately. This has happened a few times now but the time between occurrences is increasing so hopefully it'll go away soon.
    I've had some connection and disconnection problems with my home network but I know the problem is on my end because my laptops are effected as well. The TP has been great with my mobile hotspots.
    Had mine since July 1st... no issues with it, Wifi has been rock solid. Have Apple Airports at home, and two systems at work - Cisco and Bluesocket. So far it's been rock solid...
    yeah me neither I have had a solid connection with my wifi on my TP, it sounds like it may be that individual unit.
    absolutely 0 issues on my end.

dont know what or why some people get some of these issues but try exchanging or do a hard reset to see if that corrects the issue
    The only wifi issue I've had, I've duplicated it twice now, is if I'm running freetether(phone in pocket), and walked far enough away from the TouchPad to lose the wifi signal, and returned and it seems it gets hung up on trying to reconnect. A power cycle seems to fix the issue, both phone & TouchPad. An inconvenience, but no deal breaker.... I'm liking this TouchPad far too much for something like that to make me want to return it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    kjb86 likes this.
    I am now especially since I found a case in this province lol
    the webos butler service is NOT operated out of India.. fyi.

and considering there hasn't been any other reports on wifi dropping out it may be your router or your specific unit.
    Last edited by bb147; 07/19/2011 at 12:21 AM.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    <<thread cleansed>>

Guys... If you don't like a thread's topic, just read a different one. We aren't going to close a thread if the issue is valid and we can learn from it. There are HP people surfing these threads talking with members to find out more about reported issues. If the OP has experienced a real issue, it's good to post calmly about it so things can be discussed. (any trolling comments or arguing will be deleted)

If it was a post simply saying something like @^$#*@! this thing I tried to open my garage door with it and the <bleeping> thing woudn't do that simple thing. Dumb *#*!@$ thing! ... THEN.. it would be a different story.

Like I said... if the OP has a legit experience that should be addressed - this is a great time and place to do so with HP reading the threads.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Like I said... if the OP has a legit experience that should be addressed - this is a great time and place to do so with HP reading the threads.

Thanks!
    If he had the legit experience..

seems a tad..just a tad...fishy that he hasnt posted the actual problem. jussayins
    ariker01 and JayhawkOne like this.
    i'm curious as to what the Butller rep said was happening with other users regarding WiFi issues.

Also, i've connected my TouchPad to my home network, parents home router, a Verizon MiFi connection, my Pre Plus mobile hotspot and my works (Hospital) wifi....all without so much as a hiccup. Now my Veer does have some issues with my works captive network for some reason.

Hopefully the OP can try another TouchPad once the OTA is sent out.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    The Butler service has been pretty bad when I call. I feel like that don't actually have any experience using the TouchPad. Mine stopped turning on today so I'm in a pretty salty mood about it.
  19. AZ8
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    If he had the legit experience..

seems a tad..just a tad...fishy that he hasnt posted the actual problem. jussayins
    The guy spent $600 on a product that isn't working for him. Cut him some slack. jussayins
    I agree if OP has legitimate issue, but it sounds off. Butler service is not from India and I haven't been on lines with them for hours. I'm not a Pre fan (tongue in cheek), but I wonder about people who say they've always been fans and jumped on buying a TouchPad.

Since HP bought Palm, I bought an HP Laptop and Desktop, but truly ran out of any excuse to buy TouchPad. Okay I have a TouchPad, but I have no excuse for having one. It fills no niche in my life, but it's awesome and fun.
    Dee McKillop likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast