Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    etx and BB Musketeers like this.
    Am I the only one who finds it annoying that he keeps saying "the webOS"?

Aside from that I thought it was a good interview, especially the running footage showing webOS multitasking in action.
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilover View Post

Aside from that I thought it was a good interview, especially the running footage showing webOS multitasking in action.
    Your not the only one. It just goes to show that when you put someone in charge of an application "they should learn it before they speak about it".
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    i find that he said absolutely nothing. just the old 'corporate stuff'
    but better than Jon, anyways
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I like it.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Specially the last sentence about more good stuff coming in the next quarters. Also my .02, HP wanted someone to do the talk while the other guy is locked in a lab. So far I can see it working. The big IF is the OTA before the end of the month. I am sure most reviewers take a second look at the gadget.
  7.    #7  
    At this point I dont care what they call it, as long as they do the right thing. But it is funny to hear "the webOS".
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I thought she was the one who couldn't spell , check at 6:52:40
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    i find that he said absolutely nothing. just the old 'corporate stuff'
    but better than Jon, anyways
    I thought he was courting developers better than Jon.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Specially the last sentence about more good stuff coming in the next quarters...
    Even more importantly, on bring "the WebOS" to a broad range of devices that HP makes, he said "Look for us to do that very aggressivley in the quarters ahead"
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilover View Post

Why would that be annoying? Seems perfectly correct. He is speaking of the Operating System.

"The Operating System (OS) is excellent because the OS is designed to be mutitasking. The OS was developed..blah blah."

Putting a "web" in front does NOT change the OS part.

Thus, THE OS seems correct. I have no issue if some (you?) like to think of webOS as a proper name, and therefore drop the 'the'. But, I see no reason for annoyance, either way.
    what the heck is THE webos. I have had my device for over 2 years and I never heard that Stupid! Like THE ohio state university
    Funny that when it begins, the running header on the news board says "NYSE Losers". Unrelated, but I found it humorous.

Have Rod W call this guy and teach him now to say webOS.
    ...or The Sudan...or The Ukraine. Sounds very weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post

Why would that be annoying? Seems perfectly correct. He is speaking of the Operating System.

"The Operating System (OS) is excellent because the OS is designed to be mutitasking. The OS was developed..blah blah."

Putting a "web" in front does NOT change the OS part.

Thus, THE OS seems correct. I have no issue if some (you?) like to think of webOS as a proper name, and therefore drop the 'the'. But, I see no reason for annoyance, either way.
    It's patented, and it's a proper name. Just like Windows, Mac OX, Android, iOS, etc...
  16. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Good splash to keep the buzz . . . lets see if they can keep the momentum through this product cycle ~
    But then again, if they own it, and he's the spokesman, doesn't he get to call it what he wants? I say we go ask The Donald...
    sledge007 likes this.
    'THE' WEBOS

I like it.... reminds of of how OSU fans keep calling it "THE Ohio State University" or like how my canes called it "DA U"....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    ... and than he comes to tech-blog site interview with same set of answers, and get stunned with whole different set of questions. Like Jon, he introduces general public really well with OS highlights, but fails to bring straight answers to existing users.
    It may be deliberate at this point to say The webOS as a subtle branding:

This is the official Web OS--when you think web, think HP's (Palm's) OS.

Like the title of your thread.
    Think the message to devs is good but as an owner who plunked down cash, OTA "by the end of the month" can't get here soon enough.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast