Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    You lost me at Fox News.
    sledge007 likes this.
    If I remember ok, its a second showing of webOS on FOX.
    What's with HP calling webOS "the webOS" ??
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    ...or The Sudan...or The Ukraine. Sounds very weird.
    I am driving on "the" 405 lol
    If they've started calling it "The webOS", I'm sure it's for a reason (what's the reason? I don't know). Execs usually don't know what are they talking about, but they choose their words with precission.

I mean it sounds like a mistake (or wrong naming), but I think they (or marketing guys) have decided to say this.
    Newness Developments apps:

Correct or not, you will NEVER hear Steve Jobs say "the iOS." He's making it sound like some background element to the OS and not the entire ecosystem in itself.

Now I don't have a problem with Dewi. I think he is the right man for the job and will take webOS into the promise land. I just want him to sound like he knows what he is talking about.
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
    I just tried to view the video with my iPhone and it said "please install flash" haha
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by empathyrus View Post
    I just tried to view the video with my iPhone and it said "please install flash" haha
    Plays just fine on the TouchPad!
    sledge007 likes this.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Definitely a bit awkward to hear it referred as "THE webOS". Then again, as a kid, I found it odd to hear Batman referred to as "the Batman".
    The internets.

The webOS.
    I see pandas.
    I liked it. He kninda beat around the bush on the answers, but definitely an ample spokesperson for webOS community. He needs to be more visible.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Heh. "The webOS". Cracks me up. So shall it be named.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilover View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it annoying that he keeps saying "the webOS"?

Aside from that I thought it was a good interview, especially the running footage showing webOS multitasking in action.
    originally that was the official name to use. I agree it sounds weird, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    'THE' WEBOS

I like it.... reminds of of how OSU fans keep calling it "THE Ohio State University" or like how my canes called it "DA U"....
    Or, the Big Boyz in Tally calling it "The Florida State University".
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southflguy View Post
    You lost me at Fox News.
    Fox Business =/= Fox News

Fox Business is tolerable. :P
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Why does she repeatedly refer to HP as 'Hewlitt Packard'? Isn't the name of the company now, just 'HP'?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    change to 'Da webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilover View Post
    Correct or not, you will NEVER hear Steve Jobs say "the iOS." He's making it sound like some background element to the OS and not the entire ecosystem in itself.
    you won't hear Steve Jobs use an article, ever. if you listen to him talk, "iPad and iPhone were made for each other". It's never 'the iPhone' or even 'an iPhone'. it's just 'iPhone'. The conceit he wants to get going is: this isn't a product - it's a PERSON, a CHARACTER, and you don't put articles in front of proper names.

Meanwhile, some people still use language like everyone else is and aren't trying to outhipster everyone the way Stevie has been doing these past 25 years.

President of the United States went to toilet and read newspaper where he saw ad for webOS.
    Why does this sentence sound weird?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    President of the United States went to toilet and read newspaper where he saw ad for webOS...
    Yeah, but did he take an apple? (words are fun)
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    ...or The Sudan...or The Ukraine. Sounds very weird.
    or THE Ohio Stae University...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast