Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    So another oddity that I see in TP is the all day events in the Calendar function. In my Pre- the all day events get put up at the top and they remain there in a fixed area so that as you scroll down your day the events will not move. This is in day view. In week view the all day events are also there with a colored bar at the top. I like it because it alerts you of all day events even if you are viewing items much later in the afternoon. these events on the Pre- are in a fixed area and using my Pre for 2 years that's what I'm used to and looking at my TP I was going mad as to why the events were not showing.

Turns out in TP the all day events do appear at the top in the day view. In week view they scroll with your day. So as you move down, the events scroll out of sight (ie they are not in a fixed area). Really odd as if you default to current time, say later in the after noon, you may not even notice the events as they are off the screen.

here is my scenario, I know i have a three day class next week so i open my calendar and it displays the day view and goes to current time, about 1PM. i want to know what lies ahead next week so i switch to week view and scroll to next week. its still defaulted to my current time and all of the all-day events are "hidden" or not visible up at the top with no indicators like on my Pre that there is something there. the events scroll with the view.

AGP
    Quote Originally Posted by sindizzy View Post
    Turns out in TP the all day events do appear at the top in the day view. In week view they scroll with your day. So as you move down, the events scroll out of sight (ie they are not in a fixed area). Really odd as if you default to current time, say later in the after noon, you may not even notice the events as they are off the screen.

AGP
    I noticed the same thing and I don't like it. All day appointments should take up the whole day on the calendar, visually. Not just a small entry at the very top.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Well that would be a bit odd as an event may not actually be all day. I'm fine with a fixed area at the top for events. The Pre- works this way and so does Outlook. I just thought my TP was not syncing. didn't think about looking at the beginning of the day.

AGP
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I like the setup in the Pre much much better. Why mess with something that works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I like the setup in the Pre much much better. Why mess with something that works?
    +1