Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By redmist
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    On my Pre I could move the cursor, but I cant see a way to do this on my touchpad.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 07/18/2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: typo
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    strykr_ac and speedtouch like this.
    I've also been wondering this.
    No way to do this accurately yet.
    zoom in and touch the screen where want it
    I dont have a TouchPad so this is just a guess. I have seen videos of people using the copy/paste feature. I dont remember exactly how to highlight words, but if you start highlighting and stop where you want the cursor and then lift your figure and just tap on the screen, will it place the cursor there?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I dont have a TouchPad so this is just a guess. I have seen videos of people using the copy/paste feature. I dont remember exactly how to highlight words, but if you start highlighting and stop where you want the cursor and then lift your figure and just tap on the screen, will it place the cursor there?
    not quite, but you are on to something. If you enter select mode and move the start and end cursors to the same spot, this has the desired effect. It seems a simple thing to fix, and it IS neccesary .
    I'm confused ... Are you just wondering how to position the cursor, or move it around to copy/paste? (or something else)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm confused ... Are you just wondering how to position the cursor, or move it around to copy/paste? (or something else)
    I thought he was talking about just moving the cursor. I read the comments saying there wasnt a way and just thought of a possible work around with the highlight feature used for copy/patste.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm specifically talking about positioning the cursor. Try putting the cursor between the i and the t in the word positioning above.

In honeycomb/android a large arrow appears which can be used to move the cursor to the exact spot you want.
    It's a pretty odd omission, and one I hope will be corrected in the coming update.
    This is maybe one of my biggest complaints about the Touchpad. I have both the iPad1 and the HP Toucpad. All I can do when I am fighting for placing the curser in a text box is be very patient and not throw things. In comparison the moving of the curser and the enlarged magnification of the curser on the iPad is great.

So short term answer I now own the HP Bluetooth keyboard. Whats great is I can move the Purser in a text box and shift-curse highlight. Now I just need a popup cut/copy/paste from the keyboard.

This still does not help me when trying to target highlight text on a website but hey little by little.

I still love my HP TouchPad, now I want my update.

Regards
    graylion
    I uses the hold to select text thing, then just drag the curser to where I want it.
    Not the best option, but it works.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    On my Pre I could move the cursor, but I cant see a way to do this on my touchpad.
    with great difficulty :-)