1.    #1  
    IS it just me or does the browser really suck? I get stuck on so many websites and it is really decreasing my use of the touchpad. The major issue for me is teh scroll bars or when you go to a page and you need to grab something and move it but you cant because the whole website moves around.. Youtube is also a major joke and really needs its own app.
    I do feel your pain.... I really would love Firefox on this thing (even a lite version). However, there will be another browser coming out soon from the makers of Secustore which might be better.

Here is a video (German):
    Advanced Browser: Touchpad-Browser mit Tabs, Suchfunktion und mehr! | webOS Blog
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    Youtube and the browser work fine for me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Yes, the browser is a bit annoying. Please log your problems in this HP-monitored thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-behavior.html
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    Youtube and the browser work fine for me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    really? How do you advance forward when you are watching a video?
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    really? How do you advance forward when you are watching a video?
    double tap on the video (it will zoom in) then tap on the bottom where the scroll bar should be (it will pop up) then drag the scroll bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    double tap on the video (it will zoom in) then tap on the bottom where the scroll bar should be (it will pop up) then drag the scroll bar.
    cool. knowing is half the battle...i remember reading a TP review that mentioned that youtube on a browser isn't enough because of the lack of scrubbing...don't remember where i read it though.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    will try, thanks!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Yup mine sucks horribly. I can't even get on a forum site that I access everyday; I don't see where it has any flash. I get the 'can't load page' error every other link I go to. It crashes at the slightest processing. I got this thing to browse the web mostly but it can't read 50% of the pages I throw at it. I haven't had any problems outside of it crashing and restarting in the browser though. I have a day one pre- and I never thought I'd be considering a return on the touchpad. I'm loyal and bought the tp on day one, and what do I get? Who knows how many months with a crappy/buggy tablet, a new release in white with a faster processor, not sms compatible with my 1.45 (oh and they probably won't have pre3 on Sprint) and no kindle, proprietary tethering. A company that only keeps half a promise can't survive.
    method works great in full screen but not so much in page mode. Either way the browser on TP works great
    I have actually been quite impressed by the browser. It isn't Opera or Firefox mobile, but it's FAR better than the stock Android browser. It must depend on the sites that you visit. Mine must be more TouchPad browser friendly, although I do wish Hulu videos worked in it.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
    Yup mine sucks horribly. I can't even get on a forum site that I access everyday; I don't see where it has any flash. I get the 'can't load page' error every other link I go to. It crashes at the slightest processing. I got this thing to browse the web mostly but it can't read 50% of the pages I throw at it. I haven't had any problems outside of it crashing and restarting in the browser though. I have a day one pre- and I never thought I'd be considering a return on the touchpad. I'm loyal and bought the tp on day one, and what do I get? Who knows how many months with a crappy/buggy tablet, a new release in white with a faster processor, not sms compatible with my 1.45 (oh and they probably won't have pre3 on Sprint) and no kindle, proprietary tethering. A company that only keeps half a promise can't survive.
    50% of your pages dont work? Can you give some examples? 99% of the sites ive gone to work perfectly.