Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I currently have a notification (Flickr) "Tap to add as Search Engine"

I don't want to add it. How can I clear this notifications?

(Sorry : Touchpad day one )
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    I just swipe to delete the notification

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Silly me, sorry.

Thanks for your patience
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    thats what we are here for. After two years, I still find out new things about the OS thanx to the people in this forum.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

ap3604 and OldSkoolVWLover like this.
    It seems to me that every time you come across one of these compatible search engine websites, it gets added to Just Type preferences. If you swipe the notification away, it is toggled off, and if you tap the notification, it is toggled on.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.rosenfelder View Post
    It seems to me that every time you come across one of these compatible search engine websites, it gets added to Just Type preferences. If you swipe the notification away, it is toggled off, and if you tap the notification, it is toggled on.
    we need a way to manage them once in the list. there doesn't seem to be a way to remove them once there.
    TPwebOS820 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wencyjr View Post
    we need a way to manage them once in the list. there doesn't seem to be a way to remove them once there.
    Go to the 'Just Type' app on your device.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Hmmm, ur right. You cant delete them from the Just Type list (unless im missing something)

Open the Just Type app (by default, it's in Settings), and uncheck those you don't want to use. While you there, you can check any that you do want to use.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Open the Just Type app (by default, it's in Settings), and uncheck those you don't want to use. While you there, you can check any that you do want to use.
    I am aware of this, but there is no way to completely delete them from the list if you dont want them there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSecksie View Post
    I am aware of this, but there is no way to completely delete them from the list if you dont want them there at all.
    I think it's this way, so that you don't have to deal with the notification the next time you visit that website again. If you're saying that you don't want it all and never want to know about the option ever again, then you're looking for a "hide but remember" list. Wouldn't you then want a way to access that list in case you ever did decide that you wanted to use something on that list?
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Silly me, sorry.

Thanks for your patience
    There's no such thing as a stupid question. Wish I could say the same about answers/replies though. haha
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    If you delete your browser history all of the unchecked search engines are removed from just type...
    Hummm... somebody know if I can add a "non compatible" search do Just Type?

For example: GSMArena. I would like to search for... Pre 2 in GSMArena. Just Type "Pre 2" and find some option to go directly the search results in this website. It's possible?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    There's no such thing as a stupid question. Wish I could say the same about answers/replies though. haha
    LMAO
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    If you delete your browser history all of the unchecked search engines are removed from just type...
    Didn't work for me, the unchecked are all still there.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    Didn't work for me, the unchecked are all still there.
    Weird, I just tried it and it cleared all of them.
    This "feature" smells like adware to me. I just wish I could turn off ALL notifications and manually add my own choices of search engines (e.g., Scroogle). If new search-capable sites are discovered, it can silently add them to Make It So, for me to optionally enable later, but not scream at me like Microsoft Bob or Clippy. Browser history should be independent of the search engine list. Patch wanted!!!
    danimal62 likes this.
    ^Evidence you can't please everyone.
    Cantaffordit and fxspec06 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by leek View Post
    This "feature" smells like adware to me. I just wish I could turn off ALL notifications and manually add my own choices of search engines (e.g., Scroogle). If new search-capable sites are discovered, it can silently add them to Make It So, for me to optionally enable later, but not scream at me like Microsoft Bob or Clippy. Browser history should be independent of the search engine list. Patch wanted!!!
    Adware??? lol It's just trying to suggest a search engine for you. It probably would be better if you could just manually add it instead of it reminding you each time you visit a site but it's not adware.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    fxspec06 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast