Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Adware??? lol It's just trying to suggest a search engine for you. It probably would be better if you could just manually add it instead of it reminding you each time you visit a site but it's not adware.
    I did not say it's adware, just that it reeks of it. "You think I don't already know about Yahoo Search?!!! Stay off my screen while I'm trying to browse!!! I'll choose my own search engines, you meddling *****!!!" :-) It reminds me of Clippy, the paperclip Office Assistant.
    Quote Originally Posted by leek View Post
    It reminds me of Clippy, the paperclip Office Assistant.
    Or Rover the dog from Microsoft Bob.
    Has anyone found a way to add Scroogle to this list?
    Quote Originally Posted by mypalmpred View Post
    Has anyone found a way to add Scroogle to this list?
    If the site doesn't have an opensearch xml you will have to do a work around. If you search this site, someone did this for Bing, I don't know the exact steps though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    If the site doesn't have an opensearch xml you will have to do a work around. If you search this site, someone did this for Bing, I don't know the exact steps though.
    I checked scroogle.org and the addons appear to be opensearch xml. when i attempt to add to my pre2.1 via the browser, i recv msg that browser does NOT support opensearch xml.
    hmmmm, I must have got some bad information then. My apologies.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I think it's this way, so that you don't have to deal with the notification the next time you visit that website again. If you're saying that you don't want it all and never want to know about the option ever again, then you're looking for a "hide but remember" list. Wouldn't you then want a way to access that list in case you ever did decide that you wanted to use something on that list?
    Yes, you would want a way to add ones you have "deleted" in the past.
    Or, they could just do it like Firefox does, tap and hold in a search field and one of the options that should come up is, add site as search engine. Then we wouldn't have to deal with notifications all the time, we wouldn't have to worry about a delete list, and we wouldn't have a mess in just type. . . . I guess that's just too simple though
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I currently have a notification (Flickr) "Tap to add as Search Engine"

I don't want to add it. How can I clear this notifications?

(Sorry : Touchpad day one )
    When you pull down the notification icon you see the message to tap to add as a search engine. I too was annoyed that I could not seemingly remove this instruction, however when I received a notification that I had a new message in my e-mail inbox, I noticed that the two notifications were stacked in one list. All I did was swipe the unwanted item on the list (to the right) and it flew right off the list. I also disappeared from the Just type settings.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12