UPDATE

I turned on pop ups on my Pre- and attempted another transaction, still no good. It is not popping up a new window, it is popping up a little confirmation dialog box. The button that would typically perform this is showing "javascript:void(0);" and it does pop up the little dialog box in the corner; however, it never loads the confirmation screen, it displays a loading rotating circle type image that runs forever.

Any idea if the TouchPad would exhibit similar behaviour?

I was in Futureshop on the weekend looking at the TouchPad. It was a little disappointing, they had advertised it heavily in the flyer, with about 50% of the information incorrect, and when I went in I could not find a live demo anywhere. There are 7 or so different tablets on live demo, I had to ask the sales rep and he had to go get the touchpad from the "tech room".

Anyway, I asked him several questions but he did not have any knowledge of the platform (on the plus side, he was very enthusiastic about it as opposed to the usual, why bother, buy an android os device).

My question is, I am currently unable to perform services on my Palm Pre that require a popup confirmation window to open. As an example, up at the cottage I wanted to shuffle some investments, I opened the browser, set up a trade, but could not actually do the trade as when I hit next a confirmation window is supposed to open, but would not open on my Pre. I had to set up wifi on my phone and use my friends idevice. I was not happy with that.

Will the same problem exist if I were to get a TouchPAD?

Thank you
    Last edited by RGUN; 07/20/2011 at 07:52 AM.
    With the Touchpad Pop ups are blocked by default, but you can change that.

Open a webpage, then Web (top Left), then Preferences, then Content, Block Popups (On/Off)
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    The Tpad browser is much more functional/powerful than the Pre.

I've tested with a number of various sites to try its limits. It's ranged from paying a credit card bill, purchasing merchandise, viewing auctions, updating account information, etc. The main frustration I have is the inability to save account ID/password, but that will probably be addressed by a third-party app pretty soon.

I'm not making the claim the TPad is fully compatible with all websites. I'm simply saying its worked out rather well with the ones I've tried so far.

While the TPad seems to block most pop-up ads. It does appear to display other confirmation prompts/messages on the websites I've visited.
    Quote Originally Posted by RGUN View Post
    I was in Futureshop on the weekend looking at the TouchPad. It was a little disappointing, they had advertised it heavily in the flyer, with about 50% of the information incorrect, and when I went in I could not find a live demo anywhere. There are 7 or so different tablets on live demo, I had to ask the sales rep and he had to go get the touchpad from the "tech room".

Anyway, I asked him several questions but he did not have any knowledge of the platform (on the plus side, he was very enthusiastic about it as opposed to the usual, why bother, buy an android os device).

My question is, I am currently unable to perform services on my Palm Pre that require a popup confirmation window to open. As an example, up at the cottage I wanted to shuffle some investments, I opened the browser, set up a trade, but could not actually do the trade as when I hit next a confirmation window is supposed to open, but would not open on my Pre. I had to set up wifi on my phone and use my friends idevice. I was not happy with that.

Will the same problem exist if I were to get a TouchPAD?

Thank you
    I had been curious about this too, so tried it out last week. Was able to purchase tickets online to the races last Friday; once I re-enabled cookies & pop-ups, the online pop-up worked fine, in the case of the particular site, by opening up another browser instance. Then of course, printed them out wirelessly to my HP Photosmart all-in-one. 10 year old thought that this was "Kewwwwlll Daddy".
    Updated OP