Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    I just bought my 16gig TP from Best Buy on Thursday for 499+tax. Can I return this without paying restocking fee?

That would be 559.52 - $50 Pre- discount + free shipping = $509.52

Not bad.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Shoot.

I JUST got my Touchpad from Amazon. I would save around $40 by returning it and re-ordering it.

Does Amazon offer post-price matching?

Edit: So, I called Amazon. Turns out they do NOT offer price matching post-purchase for tablets. It also turns out that I would have only saved around $11.

If the difference was $40, I would have returned the tablet and re-purchased it. For $11, I consider it a small price to pay for getting it earlier.
    Last edited by kamalot; 07/18/2011 at 11:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot View Post
    Shoot.

I JUST got my Touchpad from Amazon. I would save around $40 by returning it and re-ordering it.

Does Amazon offer post-price matching?
    Good question. I would definitely email them and see what you can do. Tell them that you would just end up returning and reordering so this would save them the trouble of taking back a used TP.
    Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    I ordered my 32 gig TP from Amazon. Here's hoping BB doesn't try and stick me with a restocking fee *fingers crossed*
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    I ordered my 32 gig TP from Amazon. Here's hoping BB doesn't try and stick me with a restocking fee *fingers crossed*
    they wont
    Good question. I would definitely email them and see what you can do. Tell them that you would just end up returning and reordering so this would save them the trouble of taking back a used TP.
    but wouldn't they charge you a restocking fee for the first return which will negate whatever savings you'll end up getting for the second TP?
    I wonder why it's so much cheaper up here in canada. $450 for 16GB and $550 for 32GB. Thats odd.
    Best Buy doesn't charge restocking fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Best Buy doesn't charge restocking fees.
    sure doesnt

and amazon charges tax now

wish people would get both of these straight lol
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    sure doesnt

and amazon charges tax now

wish people would get both of these straight lol
    Amazon only charges tax on residents in certain states.

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.
    Will BB honor the Amazon price? Do they recognize them as a "competitor"?
    Quote Originally Posted by tpthomastt View Post
    Will BB honor the Amazon price? Do they recognize them as a "competitor"?
    That depends on the store manger. Officially they are not required to by corporate but some store managers use their discretion to honor the prices. Best way to find out is to start asking the store manager what they'd be willing to match.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I thought Amazon had post purchase price match but emailed today and they don't. BUT I asked and they agreed so l am getting about $40 refund. With HP legacy rebate, that brings my Price down to nearly $500. This Touchpad rocks!
    When Amazon dropped the price the first time on the 32gb model, a bunch of us contacted amazon and got $29 refunded.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I just got a response and received a refund for the difference from what I paid down to the $553 price tonight. I am feeling great about my decision to return my launch day touchpad to best buy.
    Yesterday I ordered it for 559, and today it's down to 554?? What's going on the price drop and why does it keep dropping??
    Walmart.com is selling 32gb touchpad for $555.51 and the 16gb for $489.99
    Motorola i95cl> i733> i760> i860> i880> ic902> Palm Pre> HTC EVO4G> atrix 4g> unlocked gsm pre 2
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BAUERMUNDO View Post
    Yesterday I ordered it for 559, and today it's down to 554?? What's going on the price drop and why does it keep dropping??
    I think you might already know the answer.
    Wait until Christmas time to buy one....

Bet you can get it for around $200!
    Quote Originally Posted by eallan View Post
    I think you might already know the answer.
    The accessories prices were raised about 5 or 6 dollars each item from earlier in the month so Amazon is just changing the pricing mix. Sneaky, you have to watch them.
    If you factor that in, price drop remains at 5% at amazon for bundle of tablet case and touchstone.