1.    #1  
    have had no problems since picking up my TP on july 1. Using the provided plug and usb cable last night I started getting alert that the TP is not getting enough power. The plug is in the same outlet it has been since july 1st. I charge it in the same place every night. I only have 20% left. I have tried all my other charging cables, all plugged into outlets. Keep getting the same alert.
    I had the same problem. I restarted the TP and it was fine. Feel your adapter (cylinder portion of plug), mine was warm when I was getting this error, so I moved it where it was getting more airflow. One (or both) of these things fixed the problem.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Does the battery icon at the top indicate the TPad is charging?

Whenever I used the wrong plug, I got an actual error message saying the power was insufficient to charge (or something along those lines). It may be a defective unit if the icon indicates it's charging but never does.

I learned one thing about the plug - it comes apart into two pieces. I found that out when mine wasn't charging and discovered I needed to make sure those two pieces are tightened together.
    I had this problem with it
    It wouldn't register that it was charging on the touchstone at all
    plugged it in a few times, it wouldn't register either
    I finally got it to register after half hour trying/restarting the first night...

went back exchanged it for a new one.. working great now.

Sometimes you get lemon's in the manufacturing line. Tis what it is.
  5.    #5  
    I know about the two parts of the plug base because mine was apart when I opened the box. Anyway I shutdown the TP after I got the error and let it sit for about 3 hours. I know have 80% charge, so it did charge when turned off, albeit very slowly. It was not plugged into the charger that came with it since I am at work. I will test it out tonight if I continue to get the error.

I do not get the charging battery after the alert. And I left it plugged in all night last night and it did not charge although the device was turned on. I dont like that it turns itself on when plugged in. Can that be disabled?
    Im having charging issues also. Have used the barrel and USB that came with the touchpad and it kept coming up insufficient power. Tried resetting it several times and no luck. Even went to doctor it to see if that would work but the computer didn't recognise the touchpad. I think the USB on it must be faulty. Now the battery is dead

After a bit of fault finding and the help of the Pre2 usb i have discovered that my touchpad usb cable is to blame. It started charging straight away when I plugged my pre2 usb cable into the touchpad barrel. Will contact HP in the morning to see if they can send a replacement usb.
    Last edited by PreUK; 07/19/2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: found out why it wasn't charging
    I have a duff charger too - HP are replacing it under warranty - the Touchpad popped up the message to say the charging source was insufficient.

As luck would have it I have bought a TP Touchstone too - and the chargers are identical so a simple substitution test proved that one was faulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicblue View Post
    I have a duff charger too - HP are replacing it under warranty - the Touchpad popped up the message to say the charging source was insufficient.

As luck would have it I have bought a TP Touchstone too - and the chargers are identical so a simple substitution test proved that one was faulty.
    How did you contact HP? Did you use the HP webOS product phone number 02076600950?
    No, calling the WebOS number is a complete waste of time for hardware issues - it is a recursive loop in fact because they ask you to visit the HP.com support site which says all TP calls have to go the WebOS support line....

I bought my TP from the HP store so called them - 0844 875 0977 and explained the problem - to their credit they owned the issue imeediately and organised a replacement.
    I had some luck with the webOS number and they are shipping me out a new charger by friday...result!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Had the same problem, the tip of the charger looks like an adapter so it spins off and if its not spun tight then it won't charge