Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    When I launch the browser and I start typing some search terms in the URL bar it always tries to search with Wikipedia. I went into the Preferences of the browser and the default engine is indeed Wikipedia. So I press the down arrow to change it to Google or Bing and the only other options I have are Amazon and IMDB. Where'd Google go?

    I do have encrypted Google Search set up in Just Type, but for some reason I can't get Google or Bing to be an option in my web browser. What have I done wrong?
  2. akshunj's Avatar
    Posts
    379 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    #2  
    How do you setup the encrypted search?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    How do you setup the encrypted search?
    See step number 5: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3027858
  4. #4  
    Not possible at this time since Palm for some reason has not chosen to have the search engine reflected in both places.

    Tell Palm that this is a bug and that it needs to be fixed.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

    Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

    Donations go towards further experimentation.
  5.    #5  
    Well, crap. That totally sucks. So unless I Doctor my TouchPad, I'm stuck with Wikipedia as my default browser search engine. *sigh* I don't even know how I removed Google as a browser search engine, I certainly don't remember doing it.
  6. #6  
    Dang it, just found out that this happened to me today, after running EPR to fix an UberCalendar update problem. I wonder if that was it, or one of the patches that got reinstalled :'(

    Update: It was the Enable Private Browsing patch that removed the regular Google search and offered to replace with a Secure version. Should enable that after installing, I guess.
    Last edited by Furuboru; 03/10/2012 at 09:28 PM.
  7. #7  
    As posted above, this was fixed by removing the Enable Private Browsing patch, then changing the setting either in the Browser preferences, or from the Just Type preferences.

    I reinstalled the Enable Private Browsing patch and didn't have any problems anymore..

Posting Permissions