Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Goyena
  • 1 Post By Goyena
  • 1 Post By sherwin892
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Are nleft or right inbound bezel swipes already in use in the TP's 3.0?

If not, can they be patched in, so as to replace the gesture area, and our departed forward and back swipes?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    I sure hope someone can figure out how to do this!
    I'm pretty sure those events originate from Luna and Luna is native code; hard to patch. But, that doesn't mean it's impossible to work around. It could probably be implemented at the application level.
    Interesting suggestion but i'm not sure how well it will perform when in place. Might be useful for the browser for example because I hate moving my hand across the screen to hit the back button. A back button in the bottom of the screen maybe more convenient. It's tricky I think for the developers and somewhat depends on the way the app is designed. some such as the mail app or the webos news app do not need them because of how brilliant the panes work. Makes it fun to slide thru forward and back. I do miss the back back gesture/swipe area.
    they already support the swipe up and two-finger swipe up, so this should be just as usable, IMHO.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    @sherwin892: Good point, navigation on a TP should be thumb-friendly (w/o having to move hands) so you don't have to juggle the thing.

I have another idea: in and outbound corner bezel swipes to replace advanced gestures (and thus switch between aps). You can even perform this without repositioning your grip: simply swipe in from the right, continue along through the corner, then out through the lower bezel.

iFreDDyz and nyquistjack like this.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Another idea: inward bezel swipes should have a visual effect equivalent to ripples for taps. That'd make this kind of little known gesture more apparent, like the LED did on Pres.

nyquistjack likes this.
    logically speaking it would make more sense to use the left/right bezel to move between the different cards (the next card) since swiping up from the bezel takes you to card view or your home screen. Similar to pre plus swiping across your bottom bezel to move from your current card/app to the next.
    iFreDDyz likes this.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Works for me! A "corner swipe" to go "back" then. Any takers out there in homebrew land?

Quote Originally Posted by sherwin892 View Post
    logically speaking it would make more sense to use the left/right bezel to move between the different cards (the next card) since swiping up from the bezel takes you to card view or your home screen. Similar to pre plus swiping across your bottom bezel to move from your current card/app to the next.
    Kind of like the PlayBook? If so, I agree!

W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    Kind of like the PlayBook? If so, I agree!

Wasnt aware that the playbook did that. I've played around with it before but never discovered that gesture. Just seems like a natural progression of webOS on a tablet.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    WebOS and QNX (Playbook) ain't the only ones:

http://m.engadget.com/default/articl...d=eng_art_prev
    How about inbound swipes on the bezel for app switching and outbound swipes for forward/back?