Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By speedtouch
  • 1 Post By jimijames
  1.    #1  
    Best Buy - Computers, Video Games, TVs, Cameras, Appliances, Phones

It shows the HP TouchPad in three different advertisements (on the front page), including a an excellent video walk through of the TouchPad by a Blue Shirt (store employee type person) doing a Test Drive. Very well done videos I might say. Very well done marketing from a leading electronics carrier website.

Just thought I would let everyone know :-)
    noticed this as well. excellent marketing.
    I guess this means that a lot of folks will get the OTA update shortly after they open the box.
    Did anyone notice the prices ?
    Best Buy's weekly ad has increased both tablets removing the discount from last week which was 489.99/579.99.

So glad I got my refund of $20.00 for the 32gig from Best Buy before the 17th. Although, I'm not sure how long this will last considering you can get an amazing discount from Amazon.com currently:

32 gigs
    List Price: $599.99
    Price: $559.52 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
    You Save: $40.47 (7%)

16 gigs
    List Price: $499.99
    Price: $489.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
    You Save: $10.00 (2%)

Just wish HP would have released the OTA update fixing the bugs we have found prior so everyone would really enjoy the TouchPad on this " Official " launch day
    Last edited by myDrpC; 07/17/2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Just happened to look at the Best Buy site, where it shows front and center on the main page as well as being the banner headliner on the Tablets page. It's also one of the 4 "Featured Brands" for tablets with iPad, Kindle, and Nook being the other 3. Then their ad circular, which you can view on-line, has the TouchPad centered and large on the first page. Then 2 pages back, it eats up half of one of the tablet pages with talk of what it can do, along with all accessories.

Pretty big promotion. I can't imagine the TouchPad not having at least marginal success if they keep this stuff up.
    We ought to leave business cards around the TouchPads and Veers at BB. Something along the lines of "Want to know about webOS? Visit Precentral.net". Anything to help people learn about why webOS is so nice.
    jetsetter883 likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Haha......Leaving cards at Best Buy promoting PreCentral.....and webOSroundup would be sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by louisoneal View Post
    Haha......Leaving cards at Best Buy promoting PreCentral.....and webOSroundup would be sweet!
    Or setting the devices' bookmarks to WOR and PreCentral. I don't believe the browser has a homepage...or at least I haven't found a way to do it.
    Those 2 videos by the BB reps selling the TP-webOS features are awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Or setting the devices' bookmarks to WOR and PreCentral. I don't believe the browser has a homepage...or at least I haven't found a way to do it.
    Even if there was, the device resets itself every 24 hours.

I would appreciate the business cards that we could place next to the Touchpads. Buying a Touchpad from Best Buy seems ridiculous considering Amazon's prices are lower.

My biggest appreciation is the actual tablet page. Under Featured Brands HP is clearly listed next to the Nook, Apple, and Kindle. The page is scattered with Touchpad graphics too.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer...at209000050006

At this link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer...at236500050008

Look at how the compare the OS. It's fair and the specific details below makes WebOS look good. The bullets for Android arn't even advantages.

WebOS
    -Outstanding multitasking capability
    -Perform actions like starting an e-mail, updating your calendar or searching a Web site without launching an app
    -Discreetly receive notifications of new messages, e-mails and events without them taking over the screen and disrupting your current work

vs

Android
    -First Android operating system that's optimized for tablets
    -Can import settings, preferences and apps from your Android phone
    -Download free and paid apps from Android Market
    -The downloadable Android 3.1 Honeycomb update includes support for Android Market movie rentals, support for Adobe Flash Player 10.2, Bluetooth headset support for video chats and more.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    saw the kindle app in the second video. Glad he didn't launch it
    We ought to leave business cards around the TouchPads and Veers at BB. Something along the lines of "Want to know about webOS? Visit Precentral.net". Anything to help people learn about why webOS is so nice.
    Honestly this site is a little confusing when you first join. I'd love if PreCentral added a "First time user" page or something to the main page. When I was explaining to someone to go to the site, forums, and then try to locate a certain thread, they seemed a little overwhelmed. I myself would even be up for localizing all the information for getting things started. The WebOS Internals homepage has a great startup too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    haha i like that idea. HP should be paying us.

how about: "To learn more about webOS, visit precentral.net"

there could be a front and center link for any new visitors that reads: "New webOS users, click here!" with a straightforward rundown of what makes the platform so unique.
    can we officially call it now a hard launch?
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    can we officially call it now a hard launch?
    I think that depends on sales: good sales = HP will call it a hard launch, not so good sales = HP will call it a soft launch - wave 2.
    graylion likes this.
    Pretty good video.
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    The test drive video was best I've seen yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
    The test drive video was best I've seen yet.
    Definitely agree... It would be a nice move if "HP" or any website that are selling TouchPads have a nice video demo like this, so when someone looking at tablets see the TouchPad they can see all the features that it actually has, I'm sure something will draw their interest and get them to make a buy, or at least keep it on their list.

Its pretty freaking cool, how I can watch the video from my Pre- ...
    +1 so true, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jimijames View Post
    I think that depends on sales: good sales = HP will call it a hard launch, not so good sales = HP will call it a soft launch - wave 2.
    graylion